Its already a done deal.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Fans like Tio, Wolverine and others have such a double standard and are so fairweather its not even funny. Not a one of you was complaining last year when we were 10-6 and in the playoffs, we were all praising the greatest coach ever, and dont lie Tio, we know you were as well.

Now, because of a down year, we are ready to crucify him? Nonsense, he is not manipulating anything, he is doing his best with a BAD football team, yes, were a BAD football team. If we are good next year, Tio, you'll be right back on the Parcells bandwagon.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Oh_Canada said:
Really???
Yes, really. Vinny may have been created on the Sixth Day, but Henson is only a NFL baby right now.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Waffle said:
And just what is he doing with the team that earns your hate?
In my opinion, he is being stubborn to prove a point. He is jepordizing our future for his players that he trusts.

What players would those be?
Players like Reshard Lee, Patrick Crayton and Keith Davis that do nothing but good when they are in there(atleast more so than others) but are never given the chance.

Yes, Jerry is passionate. But he isn't being manipulated. Give him a little more credit than that. Jerry (as GM) and his buddy Larry Lacewell are directly responsible for a majority of the Cowboy's current woes due to their horrific personnel decisions between 1995 and 2001. Why not "hate" them for that.
I did hate The Jerry of 1995-2001. He was being rash and pretending to be the coach. Now he has no say in our moves whatsoever. There has to be a time when he puts his footdown and calls it like he sees it.

*note to HH and others. I use the word hate a lot more lightly than others. I do not wish ill will upon them, more that I wish they would just go away...

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Fans like Tio, Wolverine and others have such a double standard and are so fairweather its not even funny. Not a one of you was complaining last year when we were 10-6 and in the playoffs, we were all praising the greatest coach ever, and dont lie Tio, we know you were as well.

Fairweather fans wouldnt be here. We who are complainin are more real fans then you are. We want better. If you like garbage for a team maybe you should go be a Cardinal fan. Us REAL Cowboy fans want better.

HeavyHitta31 said:
Now, because of a down year, we are ready to crucify him? Nonsense, he is not manipulating anything, he is doing his best with a BAD football team, yes, were a BAD football team. If we are good next year, Tio, you'll be right back on the Parcells bandwagon.

And Parcells is the reason this is a bad football team. It was his stupid moves. This is now his team. Take it ez on the Parcells kool aid.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Fairweather fans wouldnt be here. We who are complainin are more real fans then you are. We want better. If you like garbage for a team maybe you should go be a Cardinal fan. Us REAL Cowboy fans want better.

And Parcells is the reason this is a bad football team. It was his stupid moves. This is now his team. Take it ez on the Parcells kool aid.

Ok, thats nice but it was more directed towards Tio because he seems to have some common sense and actual posting comprehension, things you lack.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Uhh, yeah, I probably would. If parcells were making the right decisions next year, hed be my favorite coach again. Call it bandwagon if you want, I call band wagon not supporting a team in its down years. You should take a note, that I did have a problem with Parcells in the 10-6 year. I thought we should have made better decisions at rb and qb. I had a problem with the JJ drafting, and now I concede I was wrong. You know, I just don't blindly support a coach no matter what he does. I actually want to field a sb contending team every year, silly me...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
Uhh, yeah, I probably would. If parcells were making the right decisions next year, hed be my favorite coach again. Call it bandwagon if you want, I call band wagon not supporting a team in its down years. You should take a note, that I did have a problem with Parcells in the 10-6 year. I thought we should have made better decisions at rb and qb. I had a problem with the JJ drafting, and now I concede I was wrong. You know, I just don't blindly support a coach no matter what he does. I actually want to field a sb contending team every year, silly me...

Do I blindly follow and accept all his decisions? No, I think we should have spent more money on Free agents this offseason, but now that we are in the same boat again this year hopefully we will spend more, and I have always approved BP decision to trade down and get another 1st rounder, and now we are sitting pretty this year, I dont agree with all his decisions, but I also know he is an NFL coach, a great one at that, and I couldnt do any better. Im not going to critize him after just 2 years, one of which was brilliant.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Tio said:

Bill Parcells does HeavyHittas thinkin for him. HeavyHitta is Parcells parrot.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
To those who make their posts personal...Do me a favor, do the Zone a favor, and do yourselves a favor:

State your opinions as strongly as you feel necessary....but lay off the personal stuff...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
To those who make their posts personal...Do me a favor, do the Zone a favor, and do yourselves a favor:

State your opinions as strongly as you feel necessary....but lay off the personal stuff...

And if you find yourself unable to do that.....then put those people on ignore that you can not get along with please.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Do I blindly follow and accept all his decisions? No, I think we should have spent more money on Free agents this offseason, but now that we are in the same boat again this year hopefully we will spend more, and I have always approved BP decision to trade down and get another 1st rounder, and now we are sitting pretty this year, I dont agree with all his decisions, but I also know he is an NFL coach, a great one at that, and I couldnt do any better. Im not going to critize him after just 2 years, one of which was brilliant.
Im not criticizing him for his years here. I am critizicing him for his last year here. BP always says, "what have ya done for me lately" well, what has he done for us lately? We were in a real position to contend this year, and he wanted to get his guys and be thrifty. Well I say that was horsecrap. Most coaches would be fired after this kind of a drop off. He won't as he should get another chance to prove that the 10-6 year wasn't a fluke. But, I actually think we will make a rebound next year, going 9-7, and all will be well in cowboysland once again...

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

mmm, welllllll, I guess that answers the "selective" question. Kind of what I figured.

scottsp

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
If Vinny wants to come back in 2005 he will start every game and take every snap. ONly it wont hap is if he retires of gets injured. Remeber what I said. As long as Parcells is here Vinny will be the QB. Parcells has to be fired. I hate him.

Or not.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Tio said:
In my opinion, he is being stubborn to prove a point. He is jepordizing our future for his players that he trusts.
Trust is earned. Guys like Henson and Rashard Lee currently have flaws in their game that Parcells sees on a daily basis in practice, on film, and in games. Lee had a great opportunity to earn Bill's "trust" when Julius went down, but he didn't improve his pass blocking skills. That's his fault, not Bill's. Henson is working hard on his game and will get his chance...just be patient.

Tio said:
Players like Reshard Lee, Patrick Crayton and Keith Davis that do nothing but good when they are in there(atleast more so than others) but are never given the chance.
Crayton and Copper are getting plenty of chances now. I already told you why Lee isn't playing. Keith Davis will get his shot too.

Tio said:
I did hate The Jerry of 1995-2001. He was being rash and pretending to be the coach. Now he has no say in our moves whatsoever. There has to be a time when he puts his footdown and calls it like he sees it.
Jerry "calling it like he sees it" is what got us into trouble in the first place. Did you know that only TWO players remain from the 1999-2001 drafts? There is where the real anger should be directed. If Bill gets through his four years and has a track record like Jerry when it comes to personnel, then I'll join your bandwagon! :cool:

scottsp

Reaction score
Waffle: Nah nah nah. Remember, this team wasn't bad until Bill Parcells got here. This team is bad because of him. Didn't someone here say that? Yeah, I forgot they didn't start blowing pick after pick and just became rancid until he took over the reigns from Dave Campo.

Yeah, that's when things got really bad. Uh huh.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Trust is earned. Guys like Henson and Rashard Lee currently have flaws in their game that Parcells sees on a daily basis in practice, on film, and in games. Lee had a great opportunity to earn Bill's "trust" when Julius went down, but he didn't improve his pass blocking skills. That's his fault, not Bill's. Henson is working hard on his game and will get his chance...just be patient.

Crayton and Copper are getting plenty of chances now. I already told you why Lee isn't playing. Keith Davis will get his shot too.

Jerry "calling it like he sees it" is what got us into trouble in the first place. Did you know that only TWO players remain from the 1999-2001 drafts? There is where the real anger should be directed. If Bill gets through his four years and has a track record like Jerry when it comes to personnel, then I'll join your bandwagon! :cool:
Its a horse trailor ******!;)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Because you seem to think hate is best used for talking about athletes and coaches, which is one of the more pathetic things Ive heard in a while. And no, not playing Henson isnt hurting anyone, except maybe the franchise itself, no reason for hate.

You totally misunderstod me. Read the thread again and maybe you will understand what i tried to say. I only was pointing out that IMO there can be reasons to hate a coach. Another poster here in this thread was denying this fact. And i took Henson only as an example.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Unfortunenately, this board cant seem to lose our idiots. :banghead:

Given that you feel it appropriate to take shots at others' grammar, I think it fit to point out to you that your sentence should have read "Unfortunately, this board can't seem to lose its idiots."

The irony is almost too rich.