It's been 4 games

jrumann59

Reaction score
If we lose next week, then it's time to dump the season ... and cut every player possible.
Suck_Again.0.png

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You can slow down...

Everybody else can let it ride if they choose to.

We all know things could change at a moment's notice. Let folks enjoy it how THEY see fit. No one should try to dictate someone else's enjoyment.

What does the "Editor" title mean for this site?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This i the first time this team has started 3-1 since 2016 (5 years) or looked this dominant against quality opponents since 2014 (7-years).

Forgive the exuberance but celebration is in order. Nobody expects this team to go 16-1, there will be some trials and nobody wants to peak in September. But arrows are pointing up for good reason.
Actually we started 3-1 in 2019, but I totally get your point.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, they can't help themselves. Every year they overreact one way or the other.

I mean, Terence Steele sets the tone on offense, for crying out loud.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I bleed silver and blue. I love what I am seeing. I think we are better in several areas

BUT....BUT...I am seeing threads about contract extensions...DPOY....trade this guy because we are "stacked" at a position...I was wrong about this guy....I was wrong about that guy....when will "so and so" finally show up.....giving Jerry his due...etc

There are 13 games to go. I get we are on the edge our seats...and some of us don't know how to act because of how abysmal it has been.....BUT....BUT...we really need to slow down until we've played about 12 games. That is all!!
Welcome to literally every single professional sports forum in the world.

Aven8

Reaction score
Exactly.

It’s not like we need to sit around and debate whether or not we have a good team.

Our team is really good.

The question is just how good can they be when it matters…..??

The best part of all of this is we have a ton of people coming back. Cedric Wilson is playing awesome but how the much better are we with he and Gallup makes us stronger. Steele is playing out of his mind but Collins is a stud. On D we have a ton of guys coming back. Add into the fact that Parsons hasn’t even scratched the surface, and all the other rooks just starting to get there feet wet. Also, Kearse! Dude is legit. And that’s not even counting the fact of what a playmaker Wilson was last season still out. It’s just fun to watch.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I bleed silver and blue. I love what I am seeing. I think we are better in several areas

BUT....BUT...I am seeing threads about contract extensions...DPOY....trade this guy because we are "stacked" at a position...I was wrong about this guy....I was wrong about that guy....when will "so and so" finally show up.....giving Jerry his due...etc

There are 13 games to go. I get we are on the edge our seats...and some of us don't know how to act because of how abysmal it has been.....BUT....BUT...we really need to slow down until we've played about 12 games. That is all!!

Plenty of things that can be surmised after 4 games. Dont need 12 games to see some of it.

However it a long season and injuries can change things instantly.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You can slow down...

Everybody else can let it ride if they choose to.

We all know things could change at a moment's notice. Let folks enjoy it how THEY see fit. No one should try to dictate someone else's enjoyment.
Exactly - what are fans for - sit on their thumbs and wait for the playoffs before we get excited - that's no fun!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Actually we started 3-1 in 2019, but I totally get your point.

The record is really secondary for me.

Everyone wasn’t excited after the Bucs game because we were 0-1.

It’s what you see on the field and what you see is a really talented football team that is nowhere close to its ceiling.

Our areas of “weakness” can potentially get a lot better to the point of being a strength.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Now is not the time to calm down.

We deserve this.

Now is the time to get excited.

Enjoy the journey now but just know the journey really means nothing if we get to the post season and don’t win a couple of games at least. Hopefully 3 or 4.

4 months ago you were telling us all that we were doomed to mediocrity for the next 10 years because of Dak's contract and because he isnt a difference maker.

Now you are all excited about the team. What has changed for you?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The record is really secondary for me.

Everyone wasn’t excited after the Bucs game because we were 0-1.

It’s what you see on the field and what you see is a really talented football team that is nowhere close to its ceiling.

Our areas of “weakness” can potentially get a lot better to the point of being a strength.

I was excited about the team after the bucs game. And there were plenty of other people that were also.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Mondays are a lot better when the Cowboys win. The hangover and dread ain't there.

I am happy to see them playing better. Hoping it continues. But, in the back of my mind, I am waiting for this to all go south, badly.

ultron

Reaction score

No we don’t, every game counts and we can be excited about this start because this team is obviously WAY different than last years team.

links18

Reaction score
Plenty of things that can be surmised after 4 games. Dont need 12 games to see some of it.

However it a long season and injuries can change things instantly.

Yeah, injuries will rear their ugly head at some point.