It's been 4 games

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I bleed silver and blue. I love what I am seeing. I think we are better in several areas

BUT....BUT...I am seeing threads about contract extensions...DPOY....trade this guy because we are "stacked" at a position...I was wrong about this guy....I was wrong about that guy....when will "so and so" finally show up.....giving Jerry his due...etc

There are 13 games to go. I get we are on the edge our seats...and some of us don't know how to act because of how abysmal it has been.....BUT....BUT...we really need to slow down until we've played about 12 games. That is all!!

It's already pretty clear that our Cowboys are one of the best teams in the league. All formers players and coaches in the media are admitting it, our league peers are admitting it, and we have a 3-1 start against good competition as well .

So yes, time to get excited and cross your fingers that Dak, Tyron Smith, Diggs or Parsons doesn't goes out, and that we don't lose any strong starters for the entire year, which knock on wood, we haven't yet.

But yes, 25% into the season, we look good enough to be excited. Don't slow down now, just hope that this all amounts to something more than one and done in the Playoffs.

The reason why you may detect a little irrational exuberance from everyone is because just about all fans were hoping for .500 or slightly better, and to come out this strong is a blessing.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It was the give Jerry his due thread that pushed you over the edge wasn't it? Admit it..:muttley:
Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I could not sit back and stay silent after reading that. A broke clock is right TWICE a day!!!

Like I said....I am excited. I am optimistic. I am curious. But I also know there is a LONG way to go. And so it is a wee bit early to begin contract talks, bench, trade, hand out awards etc,,,

Like the great Parcells used to say...."put away the anointing oil"..or "don't eat the cheese"....or "you've been sucked". His pressers were must see TV!!!!!!!

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah, injuries will rear their ugly head at some point.

They haven’t already? I mean between Collins suspension and Dlaw’s injury, Gallup, and protocols it wasn’t looking pretty after week 1. But they haven’t missed a beat.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I got my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Get a victory and stay healthy.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I bleed silver and blue. I love what I am seeing. I think we are better in several areas

BUT....BUT...I am seeing threads about contract extensions...DPOY....trade this guy because we are "stacked" at a position...I was wrong about this guy....I was wrong about that guy....when will "so and so" finally show up.....giving Jerry his due...etc

There are 13 games to go. I get we are on the edge our seats...and some of us don't know how to act because of how abysmal it has been.....BUT....BUT...we really need to slow down until we've played about 12 games. That is all!!

What you hear from the players, Dak, Zeke, Gregory and Diggs , they are grounded and talk about building up from this and acknowledge they let the gas out a bit early, need to finish etc. so we are safe.
But Fans can look ahead , that is the fun.
The board will go bonkers after a loss anyway , but that is normal. :muttley:

links18

Reaction score
They haven’t already? I mean between Collins suspension and Dlaw’s injury, Gallup, and protocols it wasn’t looking pretty after week 1. But they haven’t missed a beat.

Well, if Zeke, Cooper, Diggs, etc. Miss a few weeks, it probably won't be such a glory story.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I've only seen 1 or 2 SB threads. Nothing wrong with getting excited about how the team is improving. It's a feel good time right now and I for one am enjoying the hell out of it. But as Charles Haley once said, "If we lose 2 games in a row all hell will break lose". So I'm taking it one game at a time and not looking ahead.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Normally, I'd agree this is too small a sample size to make big claims about this team.

But this team feels tangibly different. There is not only a noticeable talent difference, but a swagger and confidence that the best teams always have. If you believe in the "it" factor, this team has it unlike most the past 20 years of Cowboys teams.

Plus look at who we've played: a bad missed OPI call away from beating the champs at their place, a very good Chargers team on the road, a beat down of our biggest division rival and an undefeated NFC team.

This team is legit... and it's getting a lot of talent back soon in Lawrence, Collins, Gallup, Neal and Gallimore.

lqmac1

Reaction score

As expected. If we were 1-3 you would see posts about players we need to release, rebuilding, Jerry this Jerry that blah blah blah. Just enjoy it

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't know.

I mean there were month-after-month of threads and posts made during the offseason about the team automatically not faring well this season. Kinda made 2021 look like a flat-line on an EKG before it even started. It is somewhat nice seeing 3-1 cause a momentary *blip* on the machine. It certainly is preferable than coming here day-after-day, continually grabbing the defibrillator paddles and yelling "CLEAR!"

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree it's only been four games.

But after four games in 2020 we knew what kind of season it was going to be. Nobody is getting the same vibes in 2021. In fact this team is going to be even better (in theory) once Gallimore, Gallup, and Collins come back (though I think Steele just might stay at right tackle).

Jarntt

Reaction score
And if we lose to the Giants next week it will be cut everyone and fire all of the stupid coaches!!!

mrmojo

Reaction score
Well you know already it will be if we get there " Were only in the Super Bowl guys...lets tap the breaks"

terra

Reaction score
You can slow down...

Everybody else can let it ride if they choose to.

We all know things could change at a moment's notice. Let folks enjoy it how THEY see fit. No one should try to dictate someone else's enjoyment.
And conversely all the delusional fans who have been wrong year after year have no right to crow either.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
BUT....BUT...we really need to slow down until we've played about 12 games

And after just one game you seen threads of “fire this guy, bench that guy, this guy sucks and that guy should be starting” and so on and so on. Slow down or speed up? I’m so confused!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

It's the young guys, let them have their fun while us older folks sit back and wait.

Fontaine

Reaction score
After last season I’ll prematurely celebrate if I want to!!