It's boring these days, no news, nothing to be excited about!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Usually around this time we get "the cowboys will have said player in for a visit", we can't even get that. Has our focus shifted totally to the draft, and no longer on free agency?? Please give your thoughts

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It could be worse. There could be rumors of us being "linked" to players. At least that annoying tradition was killed by Cap Boy very early on this off-season. Now we know we are likely the third team in the East, depending on how the draft goes and assuming there will be no miracles worked between now and then. We are who we have always been: a cheap, poorly ran team that has overachieved for years with inept leadership at every level. This year I think we fall off "the rim".

ICP

Reaction score
Pretty much the same every year, I mean last year was a little different with the acquisitions of Cooks and Gilmore but most years it's not much better than this. We usually end up digging deep into why the guys we sign that are coming off of injury are going to bounce back and make an impact or how the dumpster diving Dumb and Dumber are doing in free agency are going produce a diamond in the rough. This year is a little worse because so far it only consists of resigning the 4 cheapest free agents we had and adding a LB on the wrong side of 30 to the typical team-friendly one-year deal.

CWR

Reaction score
Pretty much the same every year, I mean last year was a little different with the acquisitions of Cooks and Gilmore but most years it's not much better than this. We usually end up digging deep into why the guys we sign that are coming off of injury are going to bounce back and make an impact or how the dumpster diving Dumb and Dumber are doing in free agency are going produce a diamond in the rough. This year is a little worse because so far it only consists of resigning the 4 cheapest free agents we had and adding a LB on the wrong side of 30 to the typical team-friendly one-year deal.
This year is much different. We've lost 2 starting oline, our starting rb, two des, our only DT, etc. AND made zero attempts to replace any of them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see Stephen handing Jerry a dollar bill and saying, OK daddy, you win.
We stunk it up during free agency, we're not doing anything right now, but sitting on this yatch, and all it took to keep the fans coming back everyday and keeping us relevant, was you saying, "We're all in".

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yo! Anyone in there! Is this camera on? Hello... Mr. Jones?
giphy.gif

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I see Stephen handing Jerry a dollar bill and saying, OK daddy, you win.
We stunk it up during free agency, we're not doing anything right now, but sitting on this yatch, and all it took to keep the fans coming back everyday and keeping us relevant, was you saying, "We're all in".
Sounds about right!! :laugh:

ICP

Reaction score
This year is much different. We've lost 2 starting oline, our starting rb, two des, our only DT, etc. AND made zero attempts to replace any of them.
Yeah, I can see your point but our starting RB shouldn't have been the #1 in the first place. BUT, I was surprised that they didn't bring him back as a change-of-pace guy especially if the rumor that he would take less to return to Dallas was true.

stiletto

Reaction score
This FO is a joke, but we'll be talking Super Bowl next year!? lol
Only cheerleaders will be talking about the Super Bowl, many others will jump on that bandwagon if they happen to have a 2-3 game winning streak. It is what Cowboys fans do. Some of the dumbest on the planet.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only cheerleaders will be talking about the Super Bowl, many others will jump on that bandwagon if they happen to have a 2-3 game winning streak. It is what Cowboys fans do. Some of the dumbest on the planet.
You're a Cowboys fan, don't be so hard on yourself.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the bulk of the top tiers of free agents have signed with teams, there is always a lull as the team starts focusing heavily on draft research and planning.

Once the focus shifts to the draft, the less we hear from the Cowboys the better because that means other teams are not learning what the Cowboys plan to do in the draft.

jujoboys

Reaction score
After the bulk of the top tiers of free agents have signed with teams, there is always a lull as the team starts focusing heavily on draft research and planning.

Once the focus shifts to the draft, the less we hear from the Cowboys the better because that means other teams are not learning what the Cowboys plan to do in the draft.
Yes, but usually they are at least signing bargain basement free agents or having bargain basement free agents in for visits. Other than Kendricks they have been completely quiet when it comes to outside free agents. This year seems real quiet compared to prior years and isn't like we were making a lot of noise in prior years.