Its clear to me now... Owens has to go after season

Wood

Reaction score
regardless of which side of this you are on....he is just too much of a distraction. This is not the media/fans over-reacting. There are players on the team who are speaking out. Today it was 3 next week it may be 5 and so on. The point is that TO doesnt make enough of a difference to warrant the perpetual roller-coaster ride with this guy. Roy Williams can be the 1,000 yard receiver and Witten will keep teams honest in middle of the field. Dallas might have their own three headed monster in the backfield (barber, Jones, Choice). And we still have what I think is a top rated passer. Thank TO for some great moments...and figure out why the offensive line was not physical as a whole...and this team will advance further next year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It is clear to me. If Owens plays well the rest of the way, Wood has to go at the end of the season.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:
regardless of which side of this you are on....he is just too much of a distraction. This is not the media/fans over-reacting. There are players on the team who are speaking out. Today it was 3 next week it may be 5 and so on. The point is that TO doesnt make enough of a difference to warrant the perpetual roller-coaster ride with this guy. Roy Williams can be the 1,000 yard receiver and Witten will keep teams honest in middle of the field. Dallas might have their own three headed monster in the backfield (barber, Jones, Choice). And we still have what I think is a top rated passer. Thank TO for some great moments...and figure out why the offensive line was not physical as a whole...and this team will advance further next year.

Ever since the playoff loss to the Giants, I smelled "rottenness" about this '08 season, for some reason.

I agree, maybe crashing and burning the remainder of the year may do us good for next year. Maybe, just MAYBE Jerry learns his lesson from all the hoopla this year.

Heck-what if he's VERY desperate for Bill Cowher, and Cowher says, "Nuh-Uh, I don't want Owens"...Jerry could very well give in and cut TO.

Just thinking out loud...

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
This team can play much better without Owens and his act around.

Tony's completion percentage with Owens is the worst of all his targets.

The question is: Can Jerry ever do the right thing?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2482697 said:
It is clear to me. If Owens plays well the rest of the way, Wood has to go at the end of the season.

If we don't win the Super Bowl, most fans like Wood drift off anyhow. They can then focus on Ed Werder without distractions- they hate distractions....LOL

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:

terrell is good...but he ain't worth the trouble... terrell is a cancer.

williams
hurd
austin
crayton

i can live with this.

miles austin learned how to catch the ball this year...he's a definite number two or three receiver for us.

Wood

Reaction score
YoMick;2482708 said:
Did you clear this with Jerry??

:laugh1:

not yet we all might have to pitch in for another face lift to get jerry to bite :)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
I'll cover all bets on TO playing here or not next year.

I'll take that he's here...

Wood

Reaction score
5Countem5;2482733 said:

when Jerry makes comments during the pacman jones fiasco that it was his fault for Pacman getting in trouble again....I am afraid to say you might be right...but its incredibly wrong thing to do.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
dankness;2482745 said:
get rid of owens. i don't want him to have the privilege to wear the star.

Nobody cares...I hear Houston is looking for some fans- and TO don't play there.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:

These are "anonymous sources" speaking out...anonymous sources per Ed Werder.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wood;2482750 said:
when Jerry makes comments during the pacman jones fiasco that it was his fault for Pacman getting in trouble again....I am afraid to say you might be right...but its incredibly wrong thing to do.

If Owens stays, you can bet Jerry will get rid of players and/or coaches just to appease him. Who knows...he trades Romo for a mere 2nd rounder, he trades Bradie James and lets a key UFA walk as well.

Remember the Niners fired Mooch just to appease TO. They hired Dennis Erickson LARGELY b/c he told Niners management, "I'm going to get TO the ball alot". Heck-Mooch was making strides with that team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2482733 said:

unfortunately you are right. Unless he thinks he is still miss-used the rest of the season and melts down.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:

It's clear to me now. I will wake up in the morning, peruse my favorite Boys forum, and see another 20 TO threads. That guy must be a cult figure! Wow!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482782 said:
If Owens stays, you can bet Jerry will get rid of players and/or coaches just to appease him. Who knows...he trades Romo for a mere 2nd rounder, he trades Bradie James and lets a key UFA walk as well.

Remember the Niners fired Mooch just to appease TO. They hired Dennis Erickson LARGELY b/c he told Niners management, "I'm going to get TO the ball alot". Heck-Mooch was making strides with that team.

You are an idiot if you think Romo gets traded to "appease" Owens.

And that's putting it as nicely as I can.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion. We don't have enough of those around here. ;)

P.S. TO will be lined up wearing the Star at the new stadium for the opening game in 2009. Jerry wouldn't have it any other way... bank it.