Its clear to me now... Owens has to go after season

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483106 said:
Players that have lost a step dont get 200 yard recieving games. He is still an elite wide receiver.
Like the Star Trek theme...I say that because you just can't expect the same numbers next year and the year after. He's on the downsize and it's not me saying that...it's mother nature and he will continue on the downsize. It's not hate, not opinion, not conjecture...it's a fact of nature.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483116 said:
Shockey also ran alot of undisciplined routes-it was as if he had no clue how to run them. In the Minny game last year-2 of Eli's picks were b/c on blitzes, Shockey ran the wrong route. Eli made the proper reads and throws to spots, but Shockey didn't do his job. Ultimately, it was Eli who got the grunt of all the criticism.

Shockey also never showed up to the team's minicamps, and Eli had a tough time getting together to work with him in the offseason. It was no surprise they had little chemistry together.

You are acting like TO runs perfect routes and tries to break up potential interceptions.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483112 said:
He still goes to TO if TO is open or not. Hell, you blame the 4th quarter turnover on Romo keying on Witten, when it was his first quarter INT where he through to TO, triple coverage be damned. A play where TO diddnt even try to break the pass up.

TO or no, Romo's biggest weakness is that he takes too many gambles. Remember the Buffalo game last year where 4 of his picks, he threw to a double covered Witten. His other pick was in double coverage to Sam Hurd, of all people. In the Carolina game last year, he tried to force it into Crayton 40 yards downfield WITHOUT TO in there.

I can go on and on, but I've seen him do this with every receiver on the team.

Other than that, I'm pleased with him.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483120 said:
You are acting like TO runs perfect routes and tries to break up potential interceptions.

Did I mention TO in that post? What are you talking about?

I was talking about SHOCKEY's failure in NY, and why Eli was getting the grunt of criticism there when he was in the lineup. The Vikings game last year was a perfect example.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Not this year he hasn't myabe last year but when you force the ball to T.O you risk a INT but the reward would be a HUGE! gain and possibly a TD when you force it to Witten you get a 10 yard play at max... Don't get me wrong Witten breaks some big ones but he does not change the game like T.O or Roy Williams can. He is to slow. He is good for picking up the 1st and thats how he should be used. Also when all else fails. If Owens is covered and Williams is covered then Tony should look to Witten then Crayton then the HB for a dump off. Not dance around in the pocket untill Witten gets a little bit of seperation....

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483124 said:
Did I mention TO in that post? What are you talking about?

I was talking about SHOCKEY's failure in NY, and why Eli was getting the grunt of criticism there when he was in the lineup. The Vikings game last year was a perfect example.

And I was comparing Shockeys lack of effort and egotism to TO's lack of effort and egotism. Do you need a picture book?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
LOL...next year, the year after...keep laughing yourself into denial

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482782 said:
If Owens stays, you can bet Jerry will get rid of players and/or coaches just to appease him. Who knows...he trades Romo for a mere 2nd rounder, he trades Bradie James and lets a key UFA walk as well.

Remember the Niners fired Mooch just to appease TO. They hired Dennis Erickson LARGELY b/c he told Niners management, "I'm going to get TO the ball alot". Heck-Mooch was making strides with that team.

Jerry trading Romo. My God, :banghead:

Leave. Now.

The short bus is in the drive honking for you.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2483131 said:
And I was comparing Shockeys lack of effort and egotism to TO's lack of effort and egotism. Do you need a picture book?

Oh-I included the word "also" in there-I wasn't clear, but read that post again and you'll see why I included "also" in there.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
LILLURCH;2483135 said:
T.o. will be back but he will be catching passes from a diff. qb.

You seriously think TO will be playing for the Desperados?

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2483132 said:
LOL...next year, the year after...keep laughing yourself into denial
It's not denial... Look at the guys stats! He is STILL a top 3 WR in this league! Where is the down slide? and if he does begin to slide what happens he becomes a top 5? OH NO! LMAO!!!!

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
LILLURCH;2483135 said:
T.o. will be back but he will be catching passes from a diff. qb.

AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

Who are these children??

Somebody tell me how to erase a thread from my mind . . . :mad:

kramskoi

Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:
regardless of which side of this you are on....he is just too much of a distraction. This is not the media/fans over-reacting. There are players on the team who are speaking out. Today it was 3 next week it may be 5 and so on. The point is that TO doesnt make enough of a difference to warrant the perpetual roller-coaster ride with this guy. Roy Williams can be the 1,000 yard receiver and Witten will keep teams honest in middle of the field. Dallas might have their own three headed monster in the backfield (barber, Jones, Choice). And we still have what I think is a top rated passer. Thank TO for some great moments...and figure out why the offensive line was not physical as a whole...and this team will advance further next year.
my friend, did you honestly think that there would'nt be fallout after such a loss...where the last thing most will remember is Romo throwing a ball where a ball should'nt have been thrown, with a pick 6 the result?

Somebody sure as hell better say something this December, before this team once again squanders all of its good fortune. You won't get any fire from Wade that's for sure. The Jones tirade against Barber should serve as an easy indication that patience is running thin around Valley Ranch these days.

There's gonna be hell to pay for not making the playoffs this year, regardless of the injury situation.

Romo has been less than spectacular down the stretch and in the playoffs...the real measure of success for a quarterback.

Ball security and bad decision making has plagued him in Dec./Jan. and until he cleans up those two areas the Cowboys will be less than their best on offense.

In regards to Owens...he made a helluva difference catching that jump ball from Romo, resulting in the only Dallas touchdown of the day.

Boysboy

Reaction score
kramskoi;2483248 said:
my friend, did you honestly think that there would'nt be fallout after such a loss...where the last thing most will remember is Romo throwing a ball where a ball should'nt have been thrown, with a pick 6 the result?

Somebody sure as hell better say something this December, before this team once again squanders all of its good fortune. You won't get any fire from Wade that's for sure. The Jones tirade against Barber should serve as an easy indication that patience is running thin around Valley Ranch these days.

There's gonna be hell to pay for not making the playoffs this year, regardless of the injury situation.

Romo has been less than spectacular down the stretch and in the playoffs...the real measure of success for a quarterback.

Ball security and bad decision making has plagued him in Dec./Jan. and until he cleans up those two areas the Cowboys will be less than their best on offense.

For anyone who thinks this is ALL TO's fault, check out this gem of a video that JordanTaber(who happens to be the TO-bashers' whipping boy here) dug up!

http://media.putfile.com/Oh-Jerry-Rice-NEVER-Did-That-NEVER-TO-Is-Such-a-Disgrace

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483254 said:
For anyone who thinks this is ALL TO's fault, check out this gem of a video that JordanTaber(who happens to be the TO-bashers' whipping boy here) dug up!

http://media.putfile.com/Oh-Jerry-Rice-NEVER-Did-That-NEVER-TO-Is-Such-a-Disgrace

Not sure what that has to do with the "all his fault" thing. I posted that just to give an example of another player screaming on the sidelines (I didn't have to look very hard). Owens referenced this in his first book (yes, I have it)...Rice had just dropped a pass from Garcia and screamed to Mooch "Tell him to throw a F-ing spiral!!! A F-ing SPIRAL!!!!" BTW, the 49ers had just scored a TD on the preceding drive and led 10-3.

Wasn't even close to the first incident for Rice. In 1994 on MNF against the Raiders, he pushed over a concession stand after Brent Jones scored a touchdown and screamed "I AIN'T NO M-FING DECOY!"

Many people here probably remember his pilon kicking incident after his "consecutive games with at least one catch" streak ended with the Raiders.

And that was Jerry Rice. How many people here would be asking to cut Jerry Rice in his prime?

Owens couldn't even be half as petulant as Rice if he tried.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2483256 said:
Not sure what that has to do with the "all his fault" thing. I posted that just to give an example of another player screaming on the sidelines (I didn't have to look very hard). Owens referenced this in his first book (yes, I have it)...Rice had just dropped a pass from Garcia and screamed to Mooch "Tell him to throw a F-ing spiral!!! A F-ing SPIRAL!!!!" BTW, the 49ers had just scored a TD on the preceding drive and led 10-3.

Wasn't even close to the first incident for Rice. In 1994 on MNF against the Raiders, he pushed over a concession stand after Brent Jones scored a touchdown and screamed "I AIN'T NO M-FING DECOY!"

Many people here probably remember his pilon kicking incident after his "consecutive games with at least one catch" streak ended.

And that was Jerry Rice. How many people here would be asking to cut Jerry Rice in his prime?

Owens couldn't even be half as petulant as Rice if he tried.

Well yeah-that was my point...you did your homework here, while most of these Zoners here who think they're very intelligent in terms of their football IQ keep putting their blinders on when other WRs throw tandrums like this.

Again-well done!