Its clear to me now... Owens has to go after season

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I'm tired of all these Diva WR's. I'm sick of Owens. The guy runs terrible routes and is a crybaby. He never cries about the balls he drops. We don't need this guy. Who are Tenn Wr's. You win games on the LOS and with defense. Owens for all of his big numbers has zero rings. Cut this guy loose after the season. He needs to much attention. Jerry paid him and he's still acting out.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2483319 said:
I dont know why people say this. TO is right about what he says.

They're blinded by the hate they harvested for him before he became a Cowboy. THe visibility is zero.

I have always thought the guy was a supremely talented primadonna WR. That's nothing outside of the norm. Most WRs are primadonnas. TO just has one fault IMO and that is his unwavering desire to tell the truth. It sometimes creates new enemies and bolsters old ones simply because he says what others are afraid to say. I can live with that fault especially give the fact he has tempered it big time this year.

Poor Werder. :lmao2: TO not giving u any face time? awwww.... waaaaaa

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2482710 said:
If we don't win the Super Bowl, most fans like Wood drift off anyhow. They can then focus on Ed Werder without distractions- they hate distractions....LOL

That's some funny stuff right there. Seeing how we haven't won a Super Bowl in 13 years and yet all of these fans are still here.

Shouldn't they have drifted off by now?

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
You either love him or hate him. lol

I think Owens is a great player. And I think he is a very good teammate. However when it comes right down too it he cares more about himself and his stats than anything else.

I would not mind if we let him go this off season. But I really do not think its going to happen. I just do not see it.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2483319 said:
I dont know why people say this. TO is right about what he says.

Totally agree the only people hating on t.o. are the romo apologists who never think tony is wrong about anything. They've been making excuses for tony ever since he's been here in dallas. It's most of the ex parcells god crew. This stuff went on when parcells was coach here & they just moved on to romo. Remember how everyone would defend parcells? same damn thing with romo.

dcjules

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for????? TO is a pro-bowl caliber WR that makes other wr's better by getting them single coverage. Most teams wish they had that guy. While he is slowing down some, he is still a top WR. Losing creates problems on all teams, no matter who you are. Remember how we looked when he got banged up last year, regardless of RW, TO is still TO!!!

All of the players have to look themselves in the mirror and ask if they are doing all they can. Efforts like the Pitt game are welcomed, we would win way more than lose. TO competes, I wish all the other guys did!!!

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Never could stand Owens. :banghead:

It will be a happy day when he is gone.

Maybe then we can focus on team. :starspin

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
lcharles;2483534 said:
Never could stand Owens. :banghead:

It will be a happy day when he is gone.

Maybe then we can focus on team. :starspin

Most of us focus just fine...

We're not so easily distracted...

aga11ah

Reaction score
*imagines our offense without T.O."

Witten doubled, Roy drawing the rest of the coverage, nobody else can even get open.

whatta disaster it will be

Blushark

Reaction score
The problem is that owners like JJ are blinded by talent. Superbowls are won by TEAMS, not individuals. Jones risks becoming a joke like Al Davis who continues to take chances on proven clubhouse cancers and keeps getting bit in the ***.

TO needs to go. Romo is a good QB, but seems to have a knack for choking in the big moments. We'll se how December plays out, but it doesn't look good at this point.

morieeel

Reaction score
:hammer:

Bipolar boy is a cancer regardless if it takes 11 guys to cover him. When you start splitting the team - its time to go. The Giants game will tell. If the rest of the season is a disaster, then he needs to go regardless of the circumstances. This aint the NBA.

Reaction score
Wood;2482685 said:
regardless of which side of this you are on....he is just too much of a distraction. This is not the media/fans over-reacting. There are players on the team who are speaking out. Today it was 3 next week it may be 5 and so on. The point is that TO doesnt make enough of a difference to warrant the perpetual roller-coaster ride with this guy. Roy Williams can be the 1,000 yard receiver and Witten will keep teams honest in middle of the field. Dallas might have their own three headed monster in the backfield (barber, Jones, Choice). And we still have what I think is a top rated passer. Thank TO for some great moments...and figure out why the offensive line was not physical as a whole...and this team will advance further next year.

Choice wont sniff the field when Felix and Barber are healthy...

He might get 3 carries with 3 minutes left in the fourth if we are up by 30

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong about this, but here's what I think:

We won't sniff the Super Bowl until the year after T.O. leaves.

If we do get to the Super Bowl/playoffs, a forced pass to T.O. is going to have a major impact in the Cowboys losing the game.

How's that Magic 8 ball? ;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2483805 said:

If we do get to the Super Bowl/playoffs, a forced pass to T.O. is going to have a major impact in the Cowboys losing the game.

How about this scenerio...

We bounce back, go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl, only to win it BUT someone other than Owens gets the MVP...only for TSTHTF b/c Owens felt he should have gotten that trophy instead, and the soap opera heats up throughout the offseason.:p:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483820 said:

We bounce back, go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl, only to win it BUT someone other than Owens gets the MVP...only for TSTHTF b/c Owens felt he should have gotten that trophy instead, and the soap opera heats up throughout the offseason.:p:

Yeah, Witten gets the MVP:D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483820 said:

:laugh1:

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2483805 said:

Your magic 8-ball is defective.

When Romo can continually hit his WR's in stride and make good decisions with the ball , we will make a Superbowl Run.

Until then he is a hyped poor mans Kurt Warner without the bling, MVP's and hot wife....