News: ITS: Ezekiel Elliott Chooses Not to Play in Preseason

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The preseason approaches us fast. While we can expect to see many familiar Cowboy faces out on the field, Ezekiel Elliott will not be present.

https://insidethestar.com/ezekiel-elliott-chooses-not-to-play-in-preseason/

**ModEdit: Link fixed.
wait did he choose? or did the coach give him the option?

if its the former, it tells you about the cowboys culture, when a player decides, speaks about it and nothing from coaches...that's jerry jones.

but if its the latter, then its fine. he was given a choice.

Motorola

Reaction score
I suspect the headline is written to get clicks. My guess is that the coaches went to him and let him know it was his choice and he was smart enough to choose "no." Emmitt stopped playing in preseason except for one series in the "dress rehearsal" after about his 3rd year. And after about year 6 I doubt he played a single snap in preseason. You guys have been click baited.
Other RBs did the same during their NFL careers - LaDainian Thomlinson and Adrian Peterson are two that come to mind.

JayFord

Reaction score
if youre a vet and you know the plays already what do you need to play for

especially when you were hurt last year...Tyron can not play in preseason either

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Inmates now running the asylum.

I don't mind Zeke not playing. But the coaches should be deciding, not the players
It’s embarrassing if it’s even a discussion if he plays….I mean if the coaches have to make that call….pathetic. The guy is hobbled all year…..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I suspect the headline is written to get clicks. My guess is that the coaches went to him and let him know it was his choice and he was smart enough to choose "no." Emmitt stopped playing in preseason except for one series in the "dress rehearsal" after about his 3rd year. And after about year 6 I doubt he played a single snap in preseason. You guys have been click baited.

Yup, those who are overreacting have been sucked and should consider themselves sucked.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let's be truthful here. It may be Zeke's preference not to play in the preseason games but he's not calling the shots here. The coaching staff just so happens to agree with him not playing in the preseason. I think it is a smart decision to give an opportunity to others players in the preseason. I think other veterans on the team should sit out as well.