News: ITS: Ezekiel Elliott Chooses Not to Play in Preseason

ESisback

Reaction score
I think they eat a lot of Twinkies and tweet like twits on twitter I kinda like the new Twinkie is good hippy food

Twitchy twits that tweet on Twitter about Twinkies think they’re tricky. Pass the pipe, Hippie Pappy!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Twitchy twits that tweet on Twitter about Twinkies think they’re tricky. Pass the pipe, Hippie Pappy!
Limited edition individually wrapped tropical blast are Twinkies worth twitting about if you are a twitter twit tweeting

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Other RBs did the same during their NFL careers - LaDainian Thomlinson and Adrian Peterson are two that come to mind.

Exactly, that's why I didn't even bother to try and find the article. It's yet another mediot trading off the Cowboys for notoriety. This is one of the biggest non-stories ever written.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It isn’t uncommon for starters to sit out a bulk of the preseason activity. However, for a player to completely count themselves out of playing at all is a bit odd. It’s understandable that Elliott doesn’t want to run the risk of hurting himself before September 11, but it would certainly be nice for the Cowboys/fans to see how he looks after reportedly being fully healthy & recovered from the partial PCL tear he sustained early in the 2021 season.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It isn’t uncommon for starters to sit out a bulk of the preseason activity. However, for a player to completely count themselves out of playing at all is a bit odd. It’s understandable that Elliott doesn’t want to run the risk of hurting himself before September 11, but it would certainly be nice for the Cowboys/fans to see how he looks after reportedly being fully healthy & recovered from the partial PCL tear he sustained early in the 2021 season.

No argument here that "it would be nice" but it is not necessary. We know he knows how to tote the rock and we know he's pretty good at it when healthy. The only things that takes that away from a running back are age and injury. Zeke is not yet old enough for the former to be a factor and if the latter is a factor it will show in practice. Either way having some kid trying to make a roster dive into his knees during a preseason game would be a disaster and he means too much to the offense to take that risk. I mean we all saw how differently the offense functioned once he got hurt.. It was still able to move the ball but that put it all on Dak.. then once Dak got hurt it was church.. We need both guys functioning at a high level to get where we want to go.