Reaction score
Joe Realist;2395325 said:
I am not sure I see it.

• Wade Phillips is a soft coach
  • There is a lack of leadership on this team
  • Our talent is overrated
  • We were having problems before Romo got hurt
  • We have no heart
Seems like 1997. We started off 3-0, then everything went down and we finished 6-10. I am not saying 6-10, but it is a stretch. I don't care what the Giants did last year. They are a different team with a different coach.

Wow, come to think about it, it does feel like 1997. That year we won a critical game late in the season against the Skins to go to 6-5 and then completely collapsed from there on out, failing to win another game :(

ilovejerry

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2395269 said:
I wonder how many Giants and Chargers fans had your attitude last year and just threw in the towel.

I really wish fans like this would just go somewhere else. Find another team. Stop watching football. Something.

For people who honestly don't think we've got any shot in the second half of the season, with all the injuried players we've got returning, is just plain insanity or complete ignorance when it comes to sports.

These guys arent fans...No real fan would throw in the towel at the half way point of any season..

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2395325 said:
I am not sure I see it.

• Wade Phillips is a soft coach
  • There is a lack of leadership on this team
  • Our talent is overrated
  • We were having problems before Romo got hurt
  • We have no heart
Seems like 1997. We started off 3-0, then everything went down and we finished 6-10. I am not saying 6-10, but it is a stretch. I don't care what the Giants did last year. They are a different team with a different coach.

So is tony dungy and lovey smith
what does that mean...Leaders come thru in times of crisis now is the time to have leaders emerge. ( I'm not in the locker room so I don't know who is saying what to who. Do you?
Just like every other team..week to week league
I don't know about heart..there down but not out yet.. 4 games with back up scrap pile QB's isn't any real indication of heart...

Its very easy to pile on them right now...There injured..lets see what happens after the by week..If they beat Washington..everyone will be kissing our Fanny's again..its just so sickening...

ilovejerry

Reaction score
links18;2395398 said:
Wow, come to think about it, it does feel like 1997. That year we won a critical game late in the season against the Skins to go to 6-5 and then completely collapsed from there on out, failing to win another game :(

You actually think were not going to win another game? :rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ilovejerry;2394534 said:
I agree D and a running game, I think this losing will humble them and get them scared straight. I little humble pie never hurt anyone, This is starting to get good now

Well, if they lose any more they'll be so humble they can't look winning in the eyes.

Love your optimism, but the problems are deeper than Romo. Penalties (stupid penalties), immobile offensive linemen, non-tackling defenders, coaching, injuries.

And you have to remember that the Giants had a stronger running, an underrated offensive line and strong leadership on defense, particularly Strahan who played in a Super Bowl before last year.

Garrett will not feature the running game to protect Romo because this offense revolves around Romo not the running game. That may work well during the season, but teams that win in the end have a run-first, run-often mentality.

I don't see that in Dallas.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ilovejerry;2395424 said:
So is tony dungy and lovey smith
what does that mean...Leaders come thru in times of crisis now is the time to have leaders emerge. ( I'm not in the locker room so I don't know who is saying what to who. Do you?
Just like every other team..week to week league
I don't know about heart..there down but not out yet.. 4 games with back up scrap pile QB's isn't any real indication of heart...

Its very easy to pile on them right now...There injured..lets see what happens after the by week..If they beat Washington..everyone will be kissing our Fanny's again..its just so sickening...

How long did it take Dungy and Lovie to win the Super Bowl?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oh, and what makes you so sure the Giants and Commanders will suddenly collapse? :confused:

links18

Reaction score
ilovejerry;2395437 said:
You actually think were not going to win another game? :rolleyes:

I didn't say that.:rolleyes: But I won't be surprised if we finish 9-7, 8-8 or even 7-9.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
You're right, it is far from over. No team could beat a top NFL team with the horrible QB play that Brad Johnson offered. Sure, you might beat an average or even pretty good team, but not a top team like the Giants. IMO some people underestimate the effect of those ridiculous gift interceptions.

To think that Romo won't make a huge difference is crazy. It may not be enough and we be in too big a hole at this point, but it will be a massive improvement.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2395451 said:
Well, if they lose any more they'll be so humble they can't look winning in the eyes.

Love your optimism, but the problems are deeper than Romo. Penalties (stupid penalties), immobile offensive linemen, non-tackling defenders, coaching, injuries.

And you have to remember that the Giants had a stronger running, an underrated offensive line and strong leadership on defense, particularly Strahan who played in a Super Bowl before last year.

Garrett will not feature the running game to protect Romo because this offense revolves around Romo not the running game. That may work well during the season, but teams that win in the end have a run-first, run-often mentality.

I don't see that in Dallas.

I understand what your saying but all those items cannot be fixed in the season with this team. We can address that after the season..and that will set us back a good few years.. I'M looking at the NOW.. what they need to do NOW...To address all the other issues would be a paramount disaster during the season...If we lose to Washington.hmmm Then its over..and Jerry better hire a GM and hand over the reins because its not working with him at the helm. I got lambasted here awhile back when I mentioned he is like Al Davis, well we will soon find out. if this season fails.

links18

Reaction score
To think that Romo won't make a huge difference is crazy. It may not be enough and we be in too big a hole at this point, but it will be a massive improvement.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. The problem is the hole is already so deep and the problems are so legion that Romo may help keep us in games, but I don't think he can do enough to overcome the penalties and very soft defense.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
links18;2395479 said:
To think that Romo won't make a huge difference is crazy. It may not be enough and we be in too big a hole at this point, but it will be a massive improvement.

I agree with that. The problem is the hole is already so deep and the problems are so legion that Romo may help keep us in games, but I don't think he can do enough to overcome the penalties and very soft defense.[/quote]

What hole ? since when are the Commanders this Force ? We go in there beat them

San-Fran beat them
Seattle Beat them
then its on to Pittsburgh were 2 nfc east teams already beat them..
and then payback to the Giants

9-4 my man were right were we need to be ,.
fighting for respect in the division , time to get ready to fight the rest of the season living week to week I like thoses odds

links18

Reaction score
ilovejerry;2395502 said:
I agree with that. The problem is the hole is already so deep and the problems are so legion that Romo may help keep us in games, but I don't think he can do enough to overcome the penalties and very soft defense.

San-Fran beat them
Seattle Beat them

fighting for respect in the division , time to get ready to fight the rest of the season living week to week I like thoses odds[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right. I just don't see it. Not with this coaching staff, not with these players. Just not in the cards man.......

ilovejerry

Reaction score
links18;2395507 said:

San-Fran beat them
Seattle Beat them

fighting for respect in the division , time to get ready to fight the rest of the season living week to week I like thoses odds

I hope you are right. I just don't see it. Not with this coaching staff, not with these players. Just not in the cards man.......[/quote]

The your talking a major overhaul and that will take sometime not just a season..Christ its only NOV..I'M trying to be as optimistic as I can...Do what I do turn off the TV ( sports shows and such ) Don't read the sports page These jackals and vultures love to pick at our flesh win or lose...Lets see what happens in Washington..I refuse to believe this season is over.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It is far from over. There is little room for optimism though, outside of Romo coming back. I would love to see the team with all our offensive weapons on the field at the same time. I think it truly can be WOW.

However, I think the biggest problem with this team is the lack of attention paid to details. Like Jimmy said, it is a sloppy football team. Players aren't believing in the system, but are trying to make plays that are resulting in jumping off sides, illegal formations, and unnecessary false start penalties. Almost all of them seemingly coming at inopportune and unnecessary times.

It's not about getting back to the basics in play calling. It's about believing in the system and not playing sloppy. I firmly believe that if these mistakes can be corrected, we can be an outstanding football team.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
ilovejerry;2395404 said:
These guys arent fans...No real fan would throw in the towel at the half way point of any season..

Absolutely :bow:

For all these "bandwagon fans", and they know who they are, the door is that'a way >>>>>>>>>>>>

This season is far from over. Four straight wins over Wash, SF Seattle, and Pittsburgh is what I am predicting. The final three games will determine everything. I am not giving up on Dallas winning the division. The Giants have a lot of division games left to play. Thay did not impress me yesterday.....:starspin

ilovejerry

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2395576 said:

For all these "bandwagon fans", and they know who they are, the door is that'a way >>>>>>>>>>>>

This season is far from over. Four straight wins over Wash, SF Seattle, and Pittsburgh is what I am predicting. The final three games will determine everything. I am not giving up on Dallas winning the division. The Giants have a lot of division games left to play. Thay did not impress me yesterday.....:starspin

ATTA BOY...That's the tude im looking for .

ilovejerry

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2395573 said:
It is far from over. There is little room for optimism though, outside of Romo coming back. I would love to see the team with all our offensive weapons on the field at the same time. I think it truly can be WOW.

However, I think the biggest problem with this team is the lack of attention paid to details. Like Jimmy said, it is a sloppy football team. Players aren't believing in the system, but are trying to make plays that are resulting in jumping off sides, illegal formations, and unnecessary false start penalties. Almost all of them seemingly coming at inopportune and unnecessary times.

It's not about getting back to the basics in play calling. It's about believing in the system and not playing sloppy. I firmly believe that if these mistakes can be corrected, we can be an outstanding football team.

thats what I see as well...wait till Romo starts to play with R williams, it will be awesome ...this O will kick butt big time...

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2395576 said:

ilovejerry;2395632 said:
thats what I see as well...wait till Romo starts to play with R williams, it will be awesome ...this O will kick butt big time...

SultanOfSix;2395573 said:

Love the optimism, guys! That's what i'm hangin' my hat on for the next two weeks! No doom-n-gloom for me....yet!

Reaction score
ilovejerry;2394331 said:
I guess all the doomsayers are posting tonight... I have a different take. The NFL is a week to week league. Yes The Pats were strong last year but beatable. The Giants were left for dead last year at this point in the season and well they won the big one. So we now find ourselves at the same crossroads. I knew we would get blown out today for obvious reasons average D and NO QB. Brad Johnson is garbage. (Yes we can blame jerry for not bringing in a solid Back up) This is not new, but we again killed ourselves with turnovers and penalties with Back-ups and rookies. So Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this season is far from over. But when Tony comes back he will utilize this offense to its full potential no doubt about it. Our team is built on the Offense not the Defense. We need to score 40 + points a game, and the D needs to be able to bend but not break. I feel no need to go into the whole structure of the team but just deal with what we have. The line is built around Romo; the real test is in 2 weeks we cannot lose to the skins. And then we still have 2 more division games, the giants will drop 4 of the next 6 games. I still think we can run the table. The team now must focus and believe in each other and not point fingers. This is it. We can write all day long blame him blame him blame him it doesn't matter, all that matters is how you finish the season. We still have the potential to be great don’t lose sight of it, it will turn around, It’s far from over. I hope the players haven’t given up on themselves, I still believe in the team; I would like to hear from positive Cowboy fans out here who feel the same way.

I couldn't have said it better. Winning all 7 games left would be a stretch...but if I'm not mistaken we had two streaks last year of 5 games.