It's hard to believe, but some here really wanted Wentz over Dak

khiladi

Reaction score
or he could look like the qb's we had last year behind the same line and a really good running game. no benefit of the doubt should be given to wentz.

McFadden ran for over 1000 yards and didn't start the season. Martin had a neck injury and Leary didn't start for a couple games.

Cassell didn't even half an off-season here nor did Butler.

Last year was a huge anomaly and awful coaching.

Missouri88

Reaction score
I posted a while back about how Dak had so much more upside than Wentz for a variety of reasons and many ridiculed me. Ive said it once and will say it again, Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen.

This was the NFL's best defense we just played today, and they had zero chance to slow down Rookie Dak. Let's keep this streak going![/QUOT

Dak was a winner in The sec.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Put Dak on the Eagles and put Wentz here. Cmon Man, Wentz has the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Even when he hits the receivers in the hands they drop the ball on him.

So Dak sux?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I didn't say that Dak sucks. Wentz clearly has no weapons around him. If you guys can't see that then there is no hope for all of you.

He does have some weapons around him. Watch All-22 and his receivers get open. He has almost ZERO anticipation skills and sucks at feeling the pass rush. He's got a great arm, but is inaccurate because his mechanics stink on ice. What he really lacks is a running game, but I just don't think we're 9-1 with Wentz.

YR

lukin2006

Reaction score
Wentz is not starting for Cleveland, Philadelphia o-line is decent, Ertz is not a bad TE, his receivers do tend to drop some, but are those just drops or does he lack touch and is tossing missiles at them, I saw Mathews drop a pass against Seattle when he was wide open, but the pass had way to much heat on it, the expression on Mathews face pretty much said that ... and unlike Dak, most times Wentz doesn't have to hold his breath when the D is on the field...

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was referring to the folks that were saying Wentz was the superior QB even after week 6. With no statistical evidence, or evidence of any sort to back it up.
At this point in the 2005 season, plenty of folks on this board were lamenting the terrible mistake we made drafting DeMarcus Ware over Shawne Merriman.

I agree that it's silly to declare Wentz the superior QB at this point. It's about as silly to declare Dak the superior QB. Their careers have a loooong way to go.

egn22

Reaction score
At this point in the 2005 season, plenty of folks on this board were lamenting the terrible mistake we made drafting DeMarcus Ware over Shawne Merriman.

I agree that it's silly to declare Wentz the superior QB at this point. It's about as silly to declare Dak the superior QB. Their careers have a loooong way to go.

That's fair, but you could literally apply that to any question of who's better than who in sports. If we did that we'd only be comparing players that have established careers and years of game film to review.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wentz is not starting for Cleveland, Philadelphia o-line is decent, Ertz is not a bad TE, his receivers do tend to drop some, but are those just drops or does he lack touch and is tossing missiles at them, I saw Mathews drop a pass against Seattle when he was wide open, but the pass had way to much heat on it, the expression on Mathews face pretty much said that ... and unlike Dak, most times Wentz doesn't have to hold his breath when the D is on the field...

He has the worst collection of skill position players in the NFL. It's hard to debate that. Ertz is not a good TE. He's actually been quite mediocre for them and if he's your best weapon in the passing game, you have real issues.

It's tough to judge Wentz at this point. He very well may end up being a bust but anyone reaching conclusions on him based on the crap he has to play with is being shortsighted IMO.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He has the worst collection of skill-position players in the NFL. It's hard to debate that. Ertz is not a good TE. He's actually been quite mediocre for them and if he's your best weapon in the passing game, you have real issues.

It's tough to judge Wentz at this point. He very well may end up being a bust but anyone reaching conclusions on him based on the crap he has to play with is being shortsighted IMO.

I'm not reaching conclusions on Wentz at this point. I'm just not buying the entire argument that it's the o-line that makes Prescott look good, we went through 3 QBS last season and none even come close to this kind of performance, plus many people had concerns about our receivers coming into the season and Dak was without Dez for a few games and played well...The one thing Dak doesn't have that Wentz does is the luxury of making mistakes and counting on the defense to consistently bail him out...to me, that's been the biggest plus, Daks lack of turnovers, I think if he had thrown more INTS at this point I doubt we'd be 9-1...