It's hard to believe, but some here really wanted Wentz over Dak

zeroburrito

Reaction score
LIsten, Im as happy as the next guy with Dak... but don't kid yourself, Wentz behind this line and with Zeke would be equally successful

or he could look like the qb's we had last year behind the same line and a really good running game. no benefit of the doubt should be given to wentz.

Eddie

Reaction score
Philly gave a ton of future resources to secure Wentz. Granted they got a 1st back in the Bradford trade, but man, it's all downhill from here for them. Very little draft collateral over the next two years.

Meanwhile, we secured our franchise QB with a 4th rounder, and all our draft picks intact.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I liked Wentz out of college, but I was incredulous to him being the #1 overall pick. Watched him struggled against Montana State in the championship game and didn't like his throwing motion.

I think he's an incredible athlete. Big dude and moves really well. CANNON for an arm. But, I couldn't believe that the Eagles decided to make him the starter after so little preseason experience. And I think that is something they will regret because he isn't ready.

It's tough to judge QB's, but I think a bigger issue in this league is the development process of QB's. Teams like Philly don't understand that by throwing Wentz to the wolves when he has throwing mechanics issues and in particular isn't used to anything near the speed of the game is a bad idea because he's likely to never fix those issues. There's a lot about motor skill learning and skill acquisition that the league never researches on and they fall into the pressure of upsetting fans and the media for a year when they could take a year of poor play, get their QB ready to play and have a high draft pick to help the team.

They don't understand that research shows pretty clearly....confidence plays a large role in a person's ability to develop and acquire new motor skills. And when you take a player like Wentz that is not ready and struggles, he's far more likely to never improve or to make the learning process longer.

Dak's issues coming out where more about his footwork and operating under center. He corrected those right away and I've found that with QB's, it's much easier for a QB to correct footwork than a throwing motion.

It just seems easy for scouts and coaches to fall in love with certain things. They see Wentz's size and arm and how good he is on the chalkboard and they think that will make for a good QB. They fall in love with him 'standing in there and taking the big hit', but the fact is that the great QB's avoid the big hits.

It reminds me of Moneyball where the scouts are talking about how good of a hitter a prospect is going to be and Billy Beane asks 'if he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit well?'

So far Wentz looks like the QB the scouts would say is a great QB and they have never asked the question of 'if he's such a great QB, why doesn't he QB well?'

YR

ISUFan22

Reaction score
During the draft, the entire football world wanted Wentz over Dak. Heck we tried to trade for Conner cook and a couple of other qbs before Dak as well
Exactly. These troll posts about the armchair draft experts are foolish.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Man leave this comparison alone already. Nobody thinkin about that fool Wentz right now. We can revisit next year when he gets the weapons his fans cry that he doesn't have.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Man leave this comparison alone already. Nobody thinkin about that fool Wentz right now. We can revisit next year when he gets the weapons his fans cry that he doesn't have.

The OP feels the need to pat themselves on the back.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I posted a while back about how Dak had so much more upside than Wentz for a variety of reasons and many ridiculed me. Ive said it once and will say it again, Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen.

This was the NFL's best defense we just played today, and they had zero chance to slow down Rookie Dak. Let's keep this streak going!
Yeah. I won't name any names. :D

@Risen Star

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What do you mean "some" wanted Wentz over Dak? Everyone wanted Wentz (or Goff); Dak was a fourth round afterthought that is only playing because two QBs in front of him got hurt. Sometimes its better to be lucky than right.
I didn't want Wentz before the draft or after the draft or now......so no not everybody wanted Wentz

Bigdog

Reaction score
I posted a while back about how Dak had so much more upside than Wentz for a variety of reasons and many ridiculed me. Ive said it once and will say it again, Dak is the best QB the NFL has ever seen.

This was the NFL's best defense we just played today, and they had zero chance to slow down Rookie Dak. Let's keep this streak going!
Dak is doing well and I hope he continues to do well but say he is the best qb the NFL has ever seen is saying a lot. He has only played 10 games and I think guys like Brady, Montana, Unitas, P. Manning, etc. all who have won several SB's may have something to say about that. Let's not annoit the HOF oil on him just yet. If he wins several SBs than we can talk. I hope he wins several with the Boys but the best the NFL has to see is still up for debate.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Play
Put Dak on the Eagles and put Wentz here. Cmon Man, Wentz has the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Even when he hits the receivers in the hands they drop the ball on him.
Playing that game again? Who the heck knows? Hate these hypotheticals.