It's not Garrett's fault

dfense

Reaction score
Look, I don't like JG anymore than most people on CZ. He's never gotten the appropriate seasoning to be a head coach in the league.

If you put his resume against Sean Payton you'll see that they are the same age but years coaching differs ( Payton 19 years various college and various pro vs JG 5) before getting their first hc job in the NFL. JG gives us no intellectual advantage in fact we're at a disadvantage with him on the sidelines.

He was and now still is over his head in this job but here's the thing, when offered the job what did you expect him to do? Say no? What would you you have done in the same situation? The bottom line is that JG is not suited to be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys but it's not his fault it's the guy that hired him fault. He puts being comfortable and being able to play with his toy over winning and until that stops we're going to get the same results.
Sean Payton
2014 7-9
2015 7-9
2016 7-9

DuceizBak

Reaction score
The Nail in the coffin should have been when Romo said JG is not an X's and O's guy.
How the hell are you a head coach and NOT an x's and o's guy and deeply involved with personnel?
If a guy is a manager of a store has his underlying supervisors do most of the work, all of the regular employees will know that they do all the work and lose respect for the head manager.
If he was a GM he could get away with it...head coach? Nah

Hardline

Reaction score
laughing my *** off at thinking Jim Harbaugh would want to coach for Jed Clampett and Jethro Bodine.
maxresdefault.jpg

loublue22

Reaction score
It's getting really infuriating watching him on the sideline. I know I've said this a a couple of times but he's never actually doing anything. He's never talking to anyone, either on the sideline or on the headset. He's not holding anything in his hands. And he has this perpetual deer in the headlights look. I wish more national media like Lombardi would call him out, but Jerry is taking all the heat.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
So many unhappy fans; so many fans who will be unhappy for a long, long time unless they move to another team......because it's clear that Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere. If you think there's even a 10% chance he'll be fired this offseason, you're delusional. You don't have to like it, but you do have to live with it or move on. Jerry Jones is the owner and gm; Jason Garrett is the head coach. Period!

fifaguy

Reaction score
Look, I don't like JG anymore than most people on CZ. He's never gotten the appropriate seasoning to be a head coach in the league.

If you put his resume against Sean Payton you'll see that they are the same age but years coaching differs ( Payton 19 years various college and various pro vs JG 5) before getting their first hc job in the NFL. JG gives us no intellectual advantage in fact we're at a disadvantage with him on the sidelines.

He was and now still is over his head in this job but here's the thing, when offered the job what did you expect him to do? Say no? What would you you have done in the same situation? The bottom line is that JG is not suited to be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys but it's not his fault it's the guy that hired him fault. He puts being comfortable and being able to play with his toy over winning and until that stops we're going to get the same results.

He needs to be gone regardless of "fault."

bysbox1

Reaction score
It’s a pointless thing to argue and they were both very inexperienced. Jason Garrett was an NFL assistant head coach/offensive coordinator in ‘08 and Pederson was coaching in high school. Plus Garrett has 6 more years NFL head coaching experience...

Either way, arguing about which coach was less experienced is trivial, because it’s an absolute crap excuse for Garrett

My arguement was while Garrett was being promoted to HC in 2010, Pederson was working on someone's staff learning. I think that's what Garrett is missing. You don't go from being 3 - 4 years being basically an Assistant HC to being a HC. My argument was Garrett had no "skins on the wall" and should not have gotten the job to begin with.

And I agree. It's still no excuse for Garrett. He's had 7 years to figure it out.

RS12

Reaction score
It's not Garrett's fault

Its Jerry's for hiring him in the first place and then clinging to him like a dog with a bone. Garrett is the ultimate highway to no where.

tico

Reaction score

When you draft a bust it's not his fault, he just wants to play & get payed! So at the end of the day he's still a bust!

birdwells1

Reaction score
So many unhappy fans; so many fans who will be unhappy for a long, long time unless they move to another team......because it's clear that Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere. If you think there's even a 10% chance he'll be fired this offseason, you're delusional. You don't have to like it, but you do have to live with it or move on. Jerry Jones is the owner and gm; Jason Garrett is the head coach. Period!

You sound like you wouldn't have it any other way. Smh

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I know a guy on the "inside" and he was able to give me a picture of next year's training camp shirts that Garrett likes to have.
983224_1.jpg