It's not Garrett's fault

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Look, I don't like JG anymore than most people on CZ. He's never gotten the appropriate seasoning to be a head coach in the league.

If you put his resume against Sean Payton you'll see that they are the same age but years coaching differs ( Payton 19 years various college and various pro vs JG 5) before getting their first hc job in the NFL. JG gives us no intellectual advantage in fact we're at a disadvantage with him on the sidelines.

He was and now still is over his head in this job but here's the thing, when offered the job what did you expect him to do? Say no? What would you you have done in the same situation? The bottom line is that JG is not suited to be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys but it's not his fault it's the guy that hired him fault. He puts being comfortable and being able to play with his toy over winning and until that stops we're going to get the same results.

you sound like his stupid nephew and should stop posting

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So many unhappy fans; so many fans who will be unhappy for a long, long time unless they move to another team......because it's clear that Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere. If you think there's even a 10% chance he'll be fired this offseason, you're delusional. You don't have to like it, but you do have to live with it or move on. Jerry Jones is the owner and gm; Jason Garrett is the head coach. Period!

Unhappy fans typically don't spend a lot of money on what makes them unhappy or time. Case in point, the ratings for the Sunday Night Game were dismal for a Cowboy's game, typically the ratings are through the roof when Dallas plays, but not last Sunday. When people stop watching, stop coming to the game, and stop buying merchandise, Jerry will make a change.

Might take a couple of seasons, but Jerry will start listening to the fans when he sees the bottom line take a hit. Because the one thing Jerry loves more than Garrett is $$$$$$.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Look, I don't like JG anymore than most people on CZ. He's never gotten the appropriate seasoning to be a head coach in the league.

If you put his resume against Sean Payton you'll see that they are the same age but years coaching differs ( Payton 19 years various college and various pro vs JG 5) before getting their first hc job in the NFL. JG gives us no intellectual advantage in fact we're at a disadvantage with him on the sidelines.

He was and now still is over his head in this job but here's the thing, when offered the job what did you expect him to do? Say no? What would you you have done in the same situation? The bottom line is that JG is not suited to be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys but it's not his fault it's the guy that hired him fault. He puts being comfortable and being able to play with his toy over winning and until that stops we're going to get the same results.
Not quit sure why anybody thinks this isn't true. Homers know it,It's not news but Garrett is the head coach till 2019.
ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively,

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a lot of things that are Garrett's fault one of my little pet peeves is leaving for halftime when there's time on the clock.
I'm sure his little ivy league brain has a stat that says more often than not you don't get anywhere right before the half but crap man give it a try your defense work so hard to get you the ball and you just want to put it down and go in the locker room.

Second I'd love to see him chewing on his coordinators through the headset every time we have a screwed-up play but it doesn't happen.
I'd love to see him rip a player when he's coming off the field after a major screw-up like Switzer after some of his wonderful return flops

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It's getting really infuriating watching him on the sideline. I know I've said this a a couple of times but he's never actually doing anything. He's never talking to anyone, either on the sideline or on the headset. He's not holding anything in his hands. And he has this perpetual deer in the headlights look. I wish more national media like Lombardi would call him out, but Jerry is taking all the heat.
I don’t know why I’ve never thought of that. Probably because I’m perpetually drunk during the game. You’re absolutely right. Garrett is rarely talking to anyone in a meaningful way. No real conversations. Just words of encouragement that, if I was playing for him, I’d think were stupid. I’d rather hear that from fellow players. I’m not sure he really knows his role.

Other coaches are constantly on the headphones talking and sometimes talking to players and other coaches.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I don’t know why I’ve never thought of that. Probably because I’m perpetually drunk during the game. You’re absolutely right. Garrett is rarely talking to anyone in a meaningful way. No real conversations. Just words of encouragement that, if I was playing for him, I’d think were stupid. I’d rather hear that from fellow players. I’m not sure he really knows his role.

Other coaches are constantly on the headphones talking and sometimes talking to players and other coaches.
You mean you’ve never seen Garrett go talk to a position group when they play like **** ala Belicheck/Tomlin/etc? Lol that’ll be the day. He’s probably too scared that a player will bark back at him and he wouldn’t have some Ivey league cliche response in a moment where that garbage doesn’t matter.