It's not my team anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Before you go saying adios, seeya wouldn't want to beya or something else along those lines, hear me out.

I have been wondering if my loss of passion for the Cowboys is just the aging process or is there something else causing that and I think I am on to it. I do not have that proprietary attachment to the Cowboys I once had.

When I became a fan, they were my team. Really MY team, I felt more than just a fan, they were mine. I had a special relationship with them and almost felt I knew them.

No owner sends the message louder or clearer that this is his team than this one. He even went so far to tell the fans if you don't like it, plop down 140M of your own money. And since then, it's only gotten worse.

Not only do he and his son spend their time telling us that this is their team but they insult my fantelligence by trying to sell their way is the way. No other owner in sports history has spent more time trying to sell lemonade and eventually it becomes an insult. Do they really think I am that stupid? Just because I am a fan?

The bragging and boastfulness of the Joneses negates any "this is my team" thinking. It's all about them.

Tex Schramm was a master marketer and he had this knack for making the Cowboy accomplishments inclusive for the fans. I can still recall the pc when he established the largest radio network in NFL history and was responsible for establishing the Dallas Cowboys as Mexico's team, as well as New Mexico and Arizona. He made it about us, the fans. He said we were the reason that happened. It was look what we did.

This detached feeling I have when I watch this team play has become the norm so it doesn't bother me as much but when I watch them play, I know I am watching someone else's team play, not mine.

I realize there is no logic or rationale attached to being a fan but that's what has happened to me, I am now a fan because I've been a fan for so long. If not for the history, I would not choose this team today.

The problem is that I do not think I will ever get that feeling back again. That this is MY team feeling. And that makes me sad because one should never outgrow their passion.

This is not a complaint thread or a bash the owner one as I do not think he did this intentionally, it just happened because he let his ego take over. And a lot of what he's been doing is trying to chase the Jimmy Johnson ghost away but along the way he took my pride of ownership of my team away from me.

it is still my favorite NFL team but it is not MY team.
They are the Arlington Jonesboys dressed as the Dallas Cowboys.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Before you go saying adios, seeya wouldn't want to beya or something else along those lines, hear me out.

I have been wondering if my loss of passion for the Cowboys is just the aging process or is there something else causing that and I think I am on to it. I do not have that proprietary attachment to the Cowboys I once had.

When I became a fan, they were my team. Really MY team, I felt more than just a fan, they were mine. I had a special relationship with them and almost felt I knew them.

No owner sends the message louder or clearer that this is his team than this one. He even went so far to tell the fans if you don't like it, plop down 140M of your own money. And since then, it's only gotten worse.

Not only do he and his son spend their time telling us that this is their team but they insult my fantelligence by trying to sell their way is the way. No other owner in sports history has spent more time trying to sell lemonade and eventually it becomes an insult. Do they really think I am that stupid? Just because I am a fan?

The bragging and boastfulness of the Joneses negates any "this is my team" thinking. It's all about them.

Tex Schramm was a master marketer and he had this knack for making the Cowboy accomplishments inclusive for the fans. I can still recall the pc when he established the largest radio network in NFL history and was responsible for establishing the Dallas Cowboys as Mexico's team, as well as New Mexico and Arizona. He made it about us, the fans. He said we were the reason that happened. It was look what we did.

This detached feeling I have when I watch this team play has become the norm so it doesn't bother me as much but when I watch them play, I know I am watching someone else's team play, not mine.

.......long but GOOD post and I feel the same way. It's so conflicting because I love the cowboys but loathe the Jones family. So much to dislike with Jerrah and Jethro.

I realize there is no logic or rationale attached to being a fan but that's what has happened to me, I am now a fan because I've been a fan for so long. If not for the history, I would not choose this team today.

The problem is that I do not think I will ever get that feeling back again. That this is MY team feeling. And that makes me sad because one should never outgrow their passion.

This is not a complaint thread or a bash the owner one as I do not think he did this intentionally, it just happened because he let his ego take over. And a lot of what he's been doing is trying to chase the Jimmy Johnson ghost away but along the way he took my pride of ownership of my team away from me.

it is still my favorite NFL team but it is not MY team.

kevm3

Reaction score
I can't really take it anymore. This team is trash. We let go of our best receiver, our 3rd receiver, 2 o lineman, our DE and we sign project players in the offseason and draft an O linemen with tons of holding penalties against questionable competition?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't really take it anymore. This team is trash. We let go of our best receiver, our 3rd receiver, 2 o lineman, our DE and we sign project players in the offseason and draft an O linemen with tons of holding penalties against questionable competition?
I’m with you, brother. It’s tough to watch all of this unfold and still see so many on here with faith that they’re going to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.