It's not rocket science we're done

dallasdave

Reaction score
Then we got some D coming back. Some Real D.
Some nasty, Krakenish, slippery Gregory, intense RoMac type help on the D.

I hope...

3 Horsemen. Well, two Horsemen, a protege and the other two Horsemen on the O to return a few weeks later.

We Must Stand Our Ground!
We Must Stand Firm!

The men who desert shall be treated as deserters, for they are no better than what they are.

But us, men. We who shall be sung upon in legends and by bards!
We shall STAND!

Right here!
Right now!

I ask you, fellow brethren:
Who here stands amongst me!!!

Hardy will be the Leader of the Horsemen !!!! Hardy gets 5 sacks in 1 game and says " WHOOO !!!! What's causing all of this " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hardy will be the Leader of the Horsemen !!!! Hardy gets 5 sacks in 1 game and says " WHOOO !!!! What's causing all of this " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we will look at each other.
Smile.
And nod.
Knowingly.

Then Go Crazy!!!
Because we will be drunk and off to the races!!!

dallasdave

Reaction score
Then we got some D coming back. Some Real D.
Some nasty, Krakenish, slippery Gregory, intense RoMac type help on the D.

I hope...

3 Horsemen. Well, two Horsemen, a protege and the other two Horsemen on the O to return a few weeks later.

We Must Stand Our Ground!
We Must Stand Firm!

The men who desert shall be treated as deserters, for they are no better than what they are.

But us, men. We who shall be sung upon in legends and by bards!
We shall STAND!

Right here!
Right now!

I ask you, fellow brethren:
Who here stands amongst me!!!

I'm standing with you Corso !! Hey this season is going to be a tough road, not for the weak at heart !!! This is not the last loss, but we will overcome and be in the playoffs at full strength !!!

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I'm usually positive as many here know.

But without Dez and Romo we have no chance. Maybe with an all time defense but we do not have that.

Take away any teams elite QB AND elite WR and they're toast.

If Rodgers got hurt along w Nelson? GB done.

No Matt Ryan and Julio? They're 0-3

And on and on.

We've lost our identity and heart and soul. You just don't replace that with backups and "next man up".

What a crying shame this season became before it really got started.

You know I usually agree with everything you say and I've given you zillions of likes but .... my friend... I beg to differ here. Reason being.... these injuries causing us to SUCK.... are not season-ending. We are going to get healthier!

And everyone debating :if romo/Dez played we'd win"

OR

"It wasn't Romo/Dez it was the injuries on defense......"

UM.... BOTH OF THOSE THINGS ARE TRUE.

Why is it always one or the other? The TEAM lost. The offense was limited and petered out in the 2nd half and the defense didn't adjust because they COULDN'T being undermanned.

We need to win 2 games. The defense will get healthier before the offense does so if they can give us 2 games then we will be a complete team fighting for a weak division.

Just hold on......

I said today it sucks losing when you suck and it sucks losing when you don't really suck; you're just undermanned. I'd rather lose b/c I'm undermanned. Anyway, I'm expecting the coaches to use this game and say oh, lawd all mighty, this is the crap we have to play the game with. How can we put these poor souls in the best position to win? They know now... so let's see if they can adjust and hold down the fort.....

I didn't know you lived in Atlanta. I can see why you are in such pain. It sucked Houston beat freaking Tampa today and are pounding their chests like they actually did something. Some dudes were getting into it with me at this bar after my event b/c I had on my Cowboys necklace and I just SHUT IT DOWN. One of my best friends is a bit scary.... she's good at shutting things down for me too. lol but I digress... just saying, I get that hometown hel l thing....

Let's chill for now, friend.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm standing with you Corso !! Hey this season is going to be a tough road, not for the weak at heart !!! This is not the last loss, but we will overcome and be in the playoffs at full strength !!!

That's the goal.
The Journey.
Then get to the Finish Line.
Just survive the Journey.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score

But without Dez and Romo we have no chance. Maybe with an all time defense but we do not have that.

And on and on.

We've lost our identity and heart and soul. You just don't replace that with backups and "next man up".

Without Romo and Dez we are likely done. (sucks but it's true) Not to mention the defensive losses. However,I will continue to watch and root and see what happens.

RackofRibs

Reaction score
I don't think we're done yet but we have to hope the giants and eagles continue sputtering for the rest of the season or at least 5 more games. Cruz will be returning in a week or two and it might take him 1-2 games to shake off the rust. Bradford can't be worse than the sanchize, can he? they won today but he still played pretty bad.

It's still way too early to think about being a wildcard team, but that might be our best route to get in the dance if the giants start clicking on offense once cruz returns. I think the cards win the nfc west so the hawks will be one WC team and the vikings, panthers/falcons might be the others who could have a better record than the cowboys. Long weeks ahead with these QB's manning the helm

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's funny to read some of this stuff (but not really.)

We're supposed to be DONE because we don't have Romo. "If Romo was in there, we would have converted all of those 3rd downs." "If we'd had Romo, we would have scored 21 more points!" "Romo would have made those Falcons look like fools!!"

Last year, we would get down to the last minute or two in a close game, and all these negative Nancies would be whining "How soon do you think Romo throws the pick?"

I'm upset about today's loss too. But I'm not going to throw my team under the bus like that. Someone in this thread said they wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with those types. I'll second that.

Some people realize that you cant win in the NFL when your QB cant throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field without it being picked.

We all knew going into this season that if Weeden had to play any significant amount of games, the season would be adversely affected. Some people are now in denial and don't want to face that reality, but they will as the losses start mounting up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Without Romo and Dez we are likely done. (sucks but it's true) Not to mention the defensive losses. However,I will continue to watch and root and see what happens.

Exactly............it really cracks me up when fans say "you are a quitter, I don't want you in my foxhole".

Do they realize that none of us actually suit up and play?

Like you said, without Romo and Dez we probably lose too many games to make the playoffs by the time they come back, but we are all still going to watch and hope for the best.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
Exactly............it really cracks me up when fans say "you are a quitter, I don't want you in my foxhole".

Do they realize that none of us actually suit up and play?

Like you said, without Romo and Dez we probably lose too many games to make the playoffs by the time they come back, but we are all still going to watch and hope for the

You aren 't a quitter my friend. We just took a bad lose this year with Tony and Dez. Its sucks maybe next year.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
The only glimmer of hope is that our division is trash, therefore when Romo and Dez come back we'll still be within reach.

This is what I keep hoping... But if Romo misses 7 games total, and we only win 2, then we're sitting at 4-5 when he returns, which means we would have to go 6-1 the rest of the way to finish with 10 wins... I think the Giants will win 9-10 games, their schedule looks a bit easier than ours... And I just don't see 9 wins guaranteeing anything for Dallas

I feel like we need to go 3-4 if Romo misses 7 games, which means we need to go 3-3 over the next 6 games...
@ Saints - It will be hard to beat the Saints in their dome with our depleted team, even if Brees is still out... We can do it, but it wont be easy, and I dont care if they are 0-3...
Patriots - Any given Sunday and all, but most o us expect a loss here
@ Giants - NFCE is on the line, tough game here..
Seahawks - See Patriots comment
Eagles - See Giants comment
@ Bucs - You'd think we should win this one, but again, without Romo making plays when we need it, who knows...

Then when Romo comes back,
@ Dolphins - You'd think we'd win this one, but the Dolphins aren't really a pushover either, they never have been for us anyway...
Panthers - Strange things can happen on Turkey Day, and again, the Panthers aren't an easy win
@ Commanders - NFCE games can always be tough, and it would make the Commanders season to derail our playoff hopes, as they have before
@ Packers - We could win this game, but I wouldn't think it's likely
Jets - Should be the easiest game on our schedule
@ Bills - Blizzard like conditions could give Buffalo an edge
Commanders - See my prior comment regarding the Skins

I think crapping the bed in the 2nd half against Atlanta might be the defining moment for the team this year, we needed that game! Because I look at the remaining schedule, I'm projecting an 8-8 season, with no playoffs... But I don't know ****... We really need to win our division games, all of them!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is what I keep hoping... But if Romo misses 7 games total, and we only win 2, then we're sitting at 4-5 when he returns, which means we would have to go 6-1 the rest of the way to finish with 10 wins... I think the Giants will win 9-10 games, their schedule looks a bit easier than ours... And I just don't see 9 wins guaranteeing anything for Dallas

I feel like we need to go 3-4 if Romo misses 7 games, which means we need to go 3-3 over the next 6 games...
@ Saints - It will be hard to beat the Saints in their dome with our depleted team, even if Brees is still out... We can do it, but it wont be easy, and I dont care if they are 0-3...
Patriots - Any given Sunday and all, but most o us expect a loss here
@ Giants - NFCE is on the line, tough game here..
Seahawks - See Patriots comment
Eagles - See Giants comment
@ Bucs - You'd think we should win this one, but again, without Romo making plays when we need it, who knows...

Then when Romo comes back,
@ Dolphins - You'd think we'd win this one, but the Dolphins aren't really a pushover either, they never have been for us anyway...
Panthers - Strange things can happen on Turkey Day, and again, the Panthers aren't an easy win
@ Commanders - NFCE games can always be tough, and it would make the Commanders season to derail our playoff hopes, as they have before
@ Packers - We could win this game, but I wouldn't think it's likely
Jets - Should be the easiest game on our schedule
@ Bills - Blizzard like conditions could give Buffalo an edge
Commanders - See my prior comment regarding the Skins

I think crapping the bed in the 2nd half against Atlanta might be the defining moment for the team this year, we needed that game! Because I look at the remaining schedule, I'm projecting an 8-8 season, with no playoffs... But I don't know ****... We really need to win our division games, all of them!

Good analysis...................I don't see more than 1 or 2 wins with Weeden under center and that is pushing it since he has now lost his last 10 consecutive starts.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

And on and on.

what a crying shame people give up just cause a few hits came in. we're still 2-1 and at worst .500 and getting 2 more top defensive players back in the fold to help with said issue.

greg hardy, ever hear of him? we also had 2 great games and 1 really bad one. many will choose to see the stinker and hey, as they now say in various country songs, it is what it is.

they're getting clever, those country music writers.

so yea, it's easy to go WAH MY FOOTBALL GOT DEFLATED and get all emotional and post on how we're done and the season is over (hey, regardless of how bad you may feel, you're not an eagles fan. baby steps back to the light man, baby steps) and realize what can be done with a deflated football.

BOOYA yea, i went there.

we all went from HOLY **** to HOLY **** and who could have seen the emotional pendulum ahead of the game? we went from unstoppable to can't stop a rock. but it's still 1 game and truth be told, the first 2 weren't very good performances either.

wait, that makes 3 bad games. what ever do we have to look forward to?

oh yea, 2-1 and alone in 1st.

not gonna lie. i shudder to think what brady is going to do when he gets here and if we're swimming around .500 ball when dez comes back, our d is back, and romo not too far away???

we're gonna be ok.

no this is NOT the season we all anticipated and it certainly didn't by anyone's measure build up to such a terribly wonderful start but they're not gonna play horrible forever. just as long as weeden is there.

look at me, i took a weedon shot! :) but for a guy who's vaunted arm strength and jones admiration of his pretty balls (i can only hope he meant football) he still wasn't all that good in the end but yet, it wasn't his fault our defense couldn't stop an electric mower missing it's battery. and tires. and pushbar. and hell, the rest of the mower.

not gonna say we don't have some work cut out for us and yea, i'll fully agree this is not the season anyone anticipated. but feel free to drop off and start the fall yardwork early. this homeboy is still working on my wings, my salsa, and my girlish figure so i'm here til the last game of the year regardless of how it unfolds i figure a few more games are gonna hurt but with any luck, a few of 'em will be pretty fantastic too. since i can't control it, i may as well just enjoy it.

and the wings.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

who the hell let Shakespeare in again??? this is getting strange now...