It's not the coaches. It's the players

MojaveJT

Reaction score
It’s on all of them. Maybe if the coaches showed some kind of passion or interest the players would too. Instead we got Red out there watching the game just like all of us.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It’s both, that game plan was atrocious. Playing Witten more than Jarwin is atrocious. Finally attacking a terrible secondary at the end of the game was atrocious.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
What was the offensive gameplan? Or defensive? How were we going to take away the one thing Eagles do well, the screen? Vs a heavily injured team? And how did running up the gut be the only running play we have? The gameplan was archaic and stunningly under prepared as usual.

Yes, the fumble was on Pollard. But what play was that? How does having Pollard getting a toss in same direction Dak is running trick the D at all? Why was Zeke off? The coaching here is garbage

basilhayden

Reaction score
The players quit out there. From Amari taking himself out on key plays, especially late in the game when he was needed, to Zeke taking himself out on key downs as well, to the receivers dropping passes, to Dak missing open receivers, to the defensive secondary not able to cover the Eagles players, etc.

I saw the players quit today, not the coaches. Repeatedly, one could see the coaches yelling to the players on the sidelines, but the players (especially supposed key players) took plays off, took themselves off the field or plain out quit out there.

What a bunch of losers. Quitters!!!!

Embarrassing! :mad:

You are a pathetic person still defending him.
Just a serious Red troll..

Chappy

Reaction score
Love these apologetic threads.

This coaching staff has lost the players and how hard is that to understand? Garrett is a clapping moron who has no idea and the players know this.

Stupid/inept coaches never get the most of their playing group hence what we have seen all season. We have 2 1,000 yd WR's the leading QB yardage wise and another 1,000yd rusher........ Yet today we did not score a TD against a banged up Eagles team.

I don't want to ever hear an excuse for Garrett again and he is DONE.

NJ22888

Reaction score
The players quit out there. From Amari taking himself out on key plays, especially late in the game when he was needed, to Zeke taking himself out on key downs as well, to the receivers dropping passes, to Dak missing open receivers, to the defensive secondary not able to cover the Eagles players, etc.

I saw the players quit today, not the coaches. Repeatedly, one could see the coaches yelling to the players on the sidelines, but the players (especially supposed key players) took plays off, took themselves off the field or plain out quit out there.

When the players play like they did against the Rams and then subsequently play like they did today, it’s on the coaches. One of the main functions of a competent coaching staff, particularly the head coach, is to make sure your team is motivated

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Blow the whole team up. I just don't care. Sick and tired of looking at them. But take those idiot coaches with them and the owner/GM.

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
I didn't see Garrett or his coaches screw up out there. It was all on the players.
When have you ever seen any coach fail “out there” on the field? The buck stops with coaching. Perhaps you are pulling my chain, but are you seriously defending the coaching?

Spurdog

Reaction score

Nice try Jason. We ain't buying it.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It's always execution under Garrett why is that? Having his players do the same stupid things and fail time and time again no matter what the roster is.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
It’s the coddled culture instituted by the owner, but yes indirectly that falls on the players.

now don’t get me wrong, the coaches provide no discernible advantage:

fault:

owner
Players
Coaches

this season is a massive disappointment, but it’s been that way for a lonnnng time, and at the end of the day, 1 person has overseen it all

Alohawg1

Reaction score
I would say it's both, a lousy coaching staff and enough overpaid, overhyped prima donnas. Where is the Michael or Troy or Emmitt on this team? It sure as heck ain't wounded Dak.
Like I wrote earlier, they make so much money that it really doesn't matter so long as the checks cash. No surprise, Jerry is the same.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would say it's both, a lousy coaching staff and enough overpaid, overhyped prima donnas. Where is the Michael or Troy or Emmitt on this team? It sure as heck ain't wounded Dak.
Like I wrote earlier, they make so much money that it really doesn't matter so long as the checks cash. No surprise, Jerry is the same.
Dak never took himself out like Amari and Zeke, you know, the players who actually are getting paid compared to Dak.

garyv

Reaction score

It is the players but Coaching too. Are you telling me the offensive game plan was a good one ?