It's not your money, why are you all so worried to spend it?

GMO415

Reaction score
Exactly OP, I'm not going to stress about shhhh I have no control over.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
We were 3-4 really good players away now it’s 4-5. Hard to do in one offseason but I’d go all in. If we can’t win it all with in the next 3 seasons in Zeke’s prime, We won’t win it for a very long time.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't care about the millions Jerry spends.

I care about how those millions are allotted since the NFL operates in a system where money spent to build a team isn't unlimited.
Exactly
We can argue over how it gets spent and on who but it’s still a limited amount of money. And you can’t look at cap today and say we have plenty. It’s all about making those contracts work with the contracts you have coming in the next few years
If only it was just about who’s money it is

kskboys

Reaction score
I think it's so funny/odd that so many posters are worried about the Cowboys spending money!

I see post after post about "only if he's cheap", "can't pay Zeke", "is Dak worth it?", "don't extend Dak.", "franchise Tank", and a million more.

I get that missing on a guy or two can put us in a negative cap situation. But the NFL is beautiful in that regard.

Most contracts aren't paid out and can be massaged to fit the year.

If you can trust anything in from this front office... trust two things:
They are going to pay guys.
They are going to rework guys

And something we might soon be able to trust:
They know what they're doing.
I'm seriously amazed that you have no knowledge of the salary cap. Seriously, dude, this info is easily found.I think it would behoove you to come up w/ another gripe, as you're off w/ this one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
we have gone cheap the last few years and still not won
I think, at least in part, they went cheap (compared to past cap issues) to get the cap in order for now...when we have so many young guys entering huge contract years

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I think, at least in part, they went cheap (compared to past cap issues) to get the cap in order for now...when we have so many young guys entering huge contract years
that may be, but now some here appear to want them not to spend

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I think it's so funny/odd that so many posters are worried about the Cowboys spending money!

I see post after post about "only if he's cheap", "can't pay Zeke", "is Dak worth it?", "don't extend Dak.", "franchise Tank", and a million more.

I get that missing on a guy or two can put us in a negative cap situation. But the NFL is beautiful in that regard.

Maybe because there’s this crazy new thing called a salary cap...

Let’s not act like we’ve never been in salary cap hell before...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

It's more of a refreshing topic than Garrett Sucks posts/threads. Oh wait....

Last edited:

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Why does it seem like some fans actually root for player to receive the biggest contracts possible????

These people act like individual player’s gargantuan contracts are somehow better than the TEAM actually winning football games...

Might as well just root for the agents instead of the team; these sad people probably get more pumped up about the houses and cars these over-paid players buy, then Cowboys touchdowns, game winning drives, and inexplicably, superficial concerns like actually competing to win SB’s..

tm1119

Reaction score
Sure it's "not your money". But that completely misses the point.

It's about the long term viability of the team and it's ability to compete within a salary cap structure.

That's what the discussions are about. Not who's money it is.

Aside from the Patriots, what team has had long term viability?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The cap is why.
Otherwise, people dont care
The Cowboys are in the best cap situation it has been in since the cap era started. Obviously Stephen knows what he is doing. So again why do you care?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Aside from the Patriots, what team has had long term viability?

Aside from the Cowboys, which teams have not had long term viability but the same GM for the last 20+ years?

It's not about money. It's about trusting the decision-making of Jerry and Stephen.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Nope not my money and I'm glad it's not. However look at the track record this regime shreds money in the shredder on mediocre talent. Austin, Barber, Roy Williams both, Twil, etc etc etc...just provides more concrete on the foundation of mediocrity.

tm1119

Reaction score
Aside from the Cowboys, which teams have not had long term viability but the same GM for the last 20+ years?

It's not about money. It's about trusting the decision-making of Jerry and Stephen.

My point was that this idea that we are managing the cap to build some long term dynasty is crazy. Build the best team you can for a 2-3 year window and go for it. It’s a year to year league.