It's not your money, why are you all so worried to spend it?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, the discussions about the cap all come back to this central question- “Who gives us the best chance to win a championship in the short and long term?”

It’s not about money- it’s about winning.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Fans just want the team to be able to win games and thus worry about overpaying a player, causing the team to be cap hamstrung.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys are in the best cap situation it has been in since the cap era started. Obviously Stephen knows what he is doing. So again why do you care?
Because I like super bowls!!!! Mismanagement of available funds keeps you from that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why do you care is what he is saying......

Why do we care about how Jerry spends his millions?

How he spends his millions affects the cap and the overall roster.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? If the front office spends their cap dollars improperly, we can end up back in a bad cap situation. This is all basic stuff.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I'm pretty darn sure none of us give a hoot how JJ spends his money. What we do care about is on whom? This team is just NOW getting back to where we even count in the salary cap of the NFL, let's not go bust open the piggy bank just because we can. Were simply more or less concerned fans hoping this org stops making BAD decisions with the cap, and plays it smart enough to KEEP all the players who help make us viable on the field, and we are able to add to those players. I mean think about it, who wants to go play on a broke *** team that can't afford to pay you what your worth?

kskboys

Reaction score

Are you being obtuse on purpose? If the front office spends their cap dollars improperly, we can end up back in a bad cap situation. This is all basic stuff.
Outside of NFL football, I couldn't care less what Jerry does w/ his money.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it's so funny/odd that so many posters are worried about the Cowboys spending money!

I see post after post about "only if he's cheap", "can't pay Zeke", "is Dak worth it?", "don't extend Dak.", "franchise Tank", and a million more.

I get that missing on a guy or two can put us in a negative cap situation. But the NFL is beautiful in that regard.

Most contracts aren't paid out and can be massaged to fit the year.

If you can trust anything in from this front office... trust two things:
They are going to pay guys.
They are going to rework guys

And something we might soon be able to trust:
They know what they're doing.

I think for many it is not about the individual pay it is the overall cap. Having said that Dallas has done a great job of managing their cap and in doing so I think they will be able to get these key players signed.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I never worry about spending Jerry's money. I just don't dead money all the time...

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Because I like super bowls!!!! Mismanagement of available funds keeps you from that.
Best cap situation since the cap era began.......we are not mismanaging the cap. Let them write the checks and enjoy your football Sundays....

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Our cap situation is great. Care if you must....stress if you must....but why cry over a bad situation that has not happened yet

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I think it's so funny/odd that so many posters are worried about the Cowboys spending money!

I see post after post about "only if he's cheap", "can't pay Zeke", "is Dak worth it?", "don't extend Dak.", "franchise Tank", and a million more.

I get that missing on a guy or two can put us in a negative cap situation. But the NFL is beautiful in that regard.

Finally someone gets it!

Glad you posted this.

Sydla

Reaction score
Our cap situation is great. Care if you must....stress if you must....but why cry over a bad situation that has not happened yet

So for the record, because we have $60MM in cap space, it's impossible the Cowboys could spend that cap money unwisely?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

I want them to spend every cent of the cap allowance, just not on four players.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

It's not the actual "money" involved, it's the cap hit that concerns many of us.....the higher the cap hit the less you have to improve in other areas.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So for the record, because we have $60MM in cap space, it's impossible the Cowboys could spend that cap money unwisely?
What recent history has anyone seen that indicates that? It's like worrying about if Zeke will average 100 yards per game rushing.....why would you question it based on his recent history?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Google NFL Salary cap and that should explain why we care.

Brax

Reaction score

"They know what they're doing"
Not for the last 23 years!!!