It's Over

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm equally tired of posters who think it's a fan's obligation to be blind to the truth.

But instead to make ridiculous claims about how "the Cowboys are going to shock the world and beat the Patriots!" And then go into hiding when they're proven to not know what they're talking about.

This team is 0-3 in a three game tailspin with the offense looking worse each week. I don't blame anyone for being critical or upset.

The only thing worse then watching your season fall apart is coming on and having to listen to a bunch of brainless homers tell you that "everything is going to be fine" and "until we lose three in a row, I'm not going worry about it", or "Garrett is a great coach and the reason for the one season turnaround".

These goofs have no clue about football, coaching, or anything to do with the Cowboys. They are rah rah, pom pom waving, fair weather trolls.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Most here are saying its the oline's fault. Thus I'm apt think everyone is blaming the oline.

I was ok in letting Murray go too. Frankly, its his fault for going to the Eagles and they are only paying 2 million more per. year. I would would have stayed in Dallas and still get paid decent money.

However, when we let Murray go we needed to find a capable replacement. Randle is not a capable replacement. Thus were seeing an ineffective run game.

I was very much OK with letting Murray go. But to replace him with Randle and McChicken is absolutely 100% blind stupidity.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing worse then watching your season fall apart is coming on and having to listen to a bunch of brainless homers tell you that "everything is going to be fine" and "until we lose three in a row, I'm not going worry about it", or "Garrett is a great coach and the reason for the one season turnaround".

Don't forget "we're still in first place!", although they can now no longer use that one. Or the get out of jail free card they give everybody due to Romo and Bryant's injuries.

These goofs have no clue about football, coaching, or anything to do with the Cowboys. They are rah rah, pom pom waving, fair weather trolls.

They let their fandom override their brain. Some feel that being a fan requires you to overlook any mistake or shortcoming.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say it was you specifically. I was just providing a counter point to your statement.

We can agree that going to either extreme usually ends up making people look silly. Personally, I find the hopeful but deluded fan a lot more tolerable than the ones who are hopeless and want to share the hopelessness, for obvious reasons. But we can agree that it's generally best to just try to keep a level head and look objectively at what's going on and to discuss that instead of swinging from one extreme to the other each week.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Cmon, this season was over the moment Romo went down.

cmon of course in hindsight this is true but it was apparent to me until we lost to the easiest team on our schedule at that time. i figured we could at least win this game and float near 500 till Romo gets back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can agree that going to either extreme usually ends up making people look silly. Personally, I find the hopeful but deluded fan a lot more tolerable than the ones who are hopeless and want to share the hopelessness, for obvious reasons. But we can agree that it's generally best to just try to keep a level head and look objectively at what's going on and to discuss that instead of swinging from one extreme to the other each week.

I totally agree with you.

The part of the equation that bothers me the most is when people rally to the team's defense at any criticism, or make ridiculous statements in the name of 'fan hood' and then run and hide when they're proven wrong rather than owning their words.

I'm seeing it all over whenever anyone brings up the Patriots game (and those ridiculous predictions), and now with any talk of the running game's failures.

The silence is deafening.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally agree with you.

The part of the equation that bothers me the most is when people rally to the team's defense at any criticism, or make ridiculous statements in the name of 'fan hood' and then run and hide when they're proven wrong rather than owning their words.

I'm seeing it all over whenever anyone brings up the Patriots game (and those ridiculous predictions), and now with any talk of the running game's failures.

The silence is deafening.

I shake my head at that stuff, for the most part. Even saying I think the Pats are a better team than we are with Tony healthy gets people asking me incredulously how I can be serious. But then the rest of the week we spend bashing the personnel for collectively being hot garbage. It's a weird schizo nature of fanhood, I guess.

Although I still don't think the running game failures are because of the collection of RBs we're fielding. :) We're running in some really disadvantageous situations, and we're not blocking as well as we did last year, for the most part. Nobody on the roster this year is Demarco Murray-good, but Randle hasn't been bad. McFadden''s the one I think is stealing carries right now, and I hope the coaches look seriously at giving Randle some of his snaps and putting in Michael on the early downs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't forget "we're still in first place!", although they can now no longer use that one. Or the get out of jail free card they give everybody due to Romo and Bryant's injuries.

They let their fandom override their brain. Some feel that being a fan requires you to overlook any mistake or shortcoming.

LOL..........yah, forgot that one. "we're still in first place"

When they blame Romo and Bryant injuries for the lame season, in effect, what they are doing is admitting that Garrett had little or nothing to do with the 12-4 record last year. Its about Romo and the talent, nothing to do with coaching. Without Romo and or Dez, Garrett is as useless as many have said he is. Garrett is garbage. It has been proven time and time again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

No, they just dont understand the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
cmon of course in hindsight this is true but it was apparent to me until we lost to the easiest team on our schedule at that time. i figured we could at least win this game and float near 500 till Romo gets back.

Yah, well Brees vs Weeden. That is a pretty easy call right there. Once Brees was slated to play, that game was toast. They were also 0-3 at the time. Not a tough one there.

The run game is garbage and so is the QB. So what do we have really? The head coach is complete garbage. We were fine when we didnt need half time adjustments or for any real input or HELP from a real head coach. Last year we pretty much steam rolled people. And no one could stop the run all game consistently.
But now every game is a challenge and is a few plays here are there if we are going to win. So it comes down to coaching. Coaching REALLY matters now. And Garrett is horrible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I shake my head at that stuff, for the most part. Even saying I think the Pats are a better team than we are with Tony healthy gets people asking me incredulously how I can be serious. But then the rest of the week we spend bashing the personnel for collectively being hot garbage. It's a weird schizo nature of fanhood, I guess.

A lot of it I also avoid when I see the headline. But when it's directed towards me as some sort of a 'fan hood challenge', I'll give it back and then some.

I would have really liked to have seen what both teams could have done with all hands on deck, but it was not to be. It seems as though this team will eventually come together, but by then it will be too late. I think if we had the same defense we showed against the Patriots the two weeks earlier, we could be 4-1 right now, warts and all. But, like this entire season, none of it seems to be lining up when we need it to.

Although I still don't think the running game failures are because of the collection of RBs we're fielding. :) We're running in some really disadvantageous situations, and we're not blocking as well as we did last year, for the most part. Nobody on the roster this year is Demarco Murray-good, but Randle hasn't been bad. McFadden''s the one I think is stealing carries right now, and I hope the coaches look seriously at giving Randle some of his snaps and putting in Michael on the early downs.

I would agree that the line blocking hasn't been up to par, but none of the candidates, alone or collectively has shown that they can adequately replace Murray either.

One issue aside from that I have is with the team's shuffling between backs with little or no regard for establishing a rhythm. I don't think the coaches have done any of them a favor with their constant shuffling.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of it I also avoid when I see the headline. But when it's directed towards me as some sort of a 'fan hood challenge', I'll give it back and then some.

I would have really liked to have seen what both teams could have done with all hands on deck, but it was not to be. It seems as though this team will eventually come together, but by then it will be too late. I think if we had the same defense we showed against the Patriots the two weeks earlier, we could be 4-1 right now, warts and all. But, like this entire season, none of it seems to be lining up when we need it to.

I would agree that the line blocking hasn't been up to par, but none of the candidates, alone or collectively has shown that they can adequately replace Murray either.

One issue aside from that I have is with the team's shuffling between backs with little or no regard for establishing a rhythm. I don't think the coaches have done any of them a favor with their constant shuffling.

We're star-crossed this season. Even when Tony was in the lineup, we were hampered on defense and the OL wasn't playing right. Then we lose Dez. Then Tony. Then Dunbar. It's just been a steady diet of crap.

I agree with you that our full complement of defenders probably gets us past ATL and NOLA, both. At least NOLA for sure, and even 3-2 would look a lot better right now. But the upcoming schedule is still entirely winnable if we just play better football, even compromised at QB like we are. We're not the only NFL team with issues. SEA, PHI, TB, MIA all have very really troubles of their own right now.

On the RBs, I don't like what the coaches are doing with them, either. They rotate them by series and not by situation. They're relying heavily on McFadden, who I've already said I don't like stealing snaps. With Dunbar out, it's time for whoever's going to step forward at that position to make a move. It's between Randle and Michael as far as I'm concerned, and I like the idea of using Michael's size and ability to get low to punish teams and Randle's good hands and elusiveness behind blockers to exploit them off the bench. I'm not seeing Randle have problems in pass protection necessarily, so it's a role I think he could fill. I agree that none of those guys adequately replaces 2014 Murray, though I don't think 2015 Murray would really, either.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
9rk2dl.jpg

Junglist

Reaction score
They're the gutless ones? The ones who were keeping it in perspective and not running around with their hair on fire? That's in interesting interpretation.

I never went around creating 'not in our house threads,' but then, I also don't think it's over in week 5 with all our players just now coming back and a weak stretch schedule ahead of us when the division's all knotted up.

And, in case you haven't been watching, ATL is a pretty good team, by the way. So are the Patriots. By the time it's all said and done, this skid might not look so bad.

You really take everything too personally.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the boys will lose this weekend so at 2 and 4 they are pretty much done in the off season jerry and Stephen need to keep there mouth shut about super bowl until they can get to the nfc champions ship game just don't talk this team is no closer to a super bowl now than it has been in the last 20 years.