It's pretty obvious McCarthy is staying and we should come to acceptance

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The problem I have with being, "just good enough", is we can't get better when we're "just good enough". We're drafting at 24 again. If we're not going to win ****, at least be a top 5 pick so we can get difference makers. All this, "just good enough" nonsense is right where Jerry likes to be. It sells tickets and merchandise.

zeke21

Reaction score
The bigger question is whether MM really wants to remain hitched to the Dak wagon. I realise he might think that he is close etc etc.. but MM has had a front row seat for 3 years now and surely is smart enough to know what he has got in the QB room. This is his last chance to be a coach in the NFL.. no one is hiring him if he doesn't win in Dallas. So maybe if can gets JJ to give him another year... he thinks he has to make the move at QB? MM has shown he can develop talent and maybe that is what he sells JJ. Let him go and get a young QB and then he can try and nurture Lance and a young QB and see what happens.

If he tries to get one more year and does more of the same.. then no way he keeps his job after we fail in the same fashion next year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The day the Cowboy's stopped having the Super Bowl as their only goal was the day America's Team died. Now they'd rather stick with their guys and stay relevant than do the hard work to find the RIGHT coaches and players. Retreads forever. Thanks Jery.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What announcement? McCarthy is under contract. Nobody has to announce he is the coach next year because he is the coach next year.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I started to understand and REALLY watch football during the Campo era. I'm probably never going to see us win a SB

DandyDon52

Reaction score

JG said on the after game show that jerry would never say or do anything quickly, that he had to mull it over.
JG said it would be from 3 to 7 days for jerry to decide on mike etc.
So no telling what jones boys do, they are kinda insane and kinda dumb lol.

So anything can happen, just wait and see what it is.

phildadon86

Reaction score
JG said on the after game show that jerry would never say or do anything quickly, that he had to mull it over.
JG said it would be from 3 to 7 days for jerry to decide on mike etc.
So no telling what jones boys do, they are kinda insane and kinda dumb lol.

So anything can happen, just wait and see what it is.
Maybe they take their time so someone else hires all the coaches and they don’t have to? Lol

snadler

Reaction score
Im not a big McCarthy fan I think he dont hold players accountable enough and dont care for some of his offensive calls. That said hes less of a problem than the QB and much less of a problem than whats going on on the defensive side of the ball.
So when an entire team of 53 men don’t show up in thr most important game of the season unprepared how is mm not the BIGGEST problem

kevm3

Reaction score
all of that Jerry is thinking it over, so there 'might' be change talk is just fool's gold hopium, just like 'hey guys, free agency isn't done JUST YET. They MIGHT make a move. Nah, they won't.

Mike is 'part of the family' so we'll get another year. Quinn is the scapegoat for this year, and we'll go into next year with the same aversion to physicality and disciplined play and get spanked by the likes of San Fran or the Cardinals again.