It's sad, we really have a Superbowl team, 1 position holds us back

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's what they said about James Hanna and Gavin Escobar but that never materialized either. All these tes are no better receivers then those guys.

Dak or Tony couldn't increase Wittens scoring production either. 82 was a 4 TD a year guy with either of our QBs.

I'd agree w Dez but not any of these tes. There hasn't been a good red zone te since 82 was in his prime a hundred yrs ago it seems.

A completion is not a touchdown. Unfortunately that's about all the accolades we have at the te position. Ain't none of our tes going to the Hof based upon their scoring production .
Copy! Although, I'm at a complete loss as to who this "THEY" are, you reference, I do know what "I" have been seeing out on the field though ,and from that observation, I'm most comfortable in my previously stated ascertainment concerning the opined ROMO- JARWIN connection:thumbup:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
So, Romo isn't good enough to get it done and get to the promise land without a top 2 Defense? Seems like those who say that the Defense/Zeke is the one that is winning games and not Dak. And that it's the defense/Zeke that is carrying Dak. Seems like some Cowboys fans who use this narrative, would be more than willing to give Romo all or at least some of the credit, if he had won the Superbowl with the 2016-2018 Cowboys. Even though he couldn't get there with the teams he had before the 2016 Cowboys.

While, no credit goes to Dak at all and it's just all the defense/Zeke. And some hoped and wished that Romo would come in 2016, finish off the season and get some or all of the glory. Being selective in what QBs you do or don't want to give some credit to, based or how fans with certain agendas like/Support or dislike/ don't support a QB.

I want them to get dak a new oc!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it's the whole team that is holding us back, if they other guys was a good as Dak we could be like 5-11

dfan32

Reaction score
Pretty sure that Romo had a top 20 defense and in fact a top ten defense more than once in his career.
Early in Romo's tenure, he had no OL. He got hit and sacked so much it was rediculous. When the team decided to fix it, Romo's game improved leaps and bounds. Problem was, he had been beaten up so badly he just didn't have much left.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
With this Defense, Rb, and Wr threat to make teams pay for focusing on Elliot. We are built to win it all.

But the QB position still scares me. Defenses focus on Elliot, which in return allows guys like Cooper, Gallup and Beasley to roam free, and we all see it. But what happens more than half the time?

Dak misses them for big plays. So instead of jumping out to a huge lead, we let teams hang around, scoring FGs with a shaky kicker.

Our D puts the clamps down on other teams, but when our O, mainly Dak gets to dicking around for most of the game, they are bound to break a little. Then like the *******s many of us are, we get mad at the D.

It would be disappointing to have this team and not win it all because of Dak and his inability to consistently burn teams.

With Romo we'd def win. Even Stafford or Carr would get the job done. I don't believe in Daks ability to throw

Funny ... Garrett's had 8 starting QBs , 9 years of the exact same excuses for Jason Garrett .

9 years .

You want to know how to keep an NFL HC job for 9 years while having 2 playoff berths ?! ... look above .

2 playoff berths in 9 years in unheard of in the new NFL era . Not even wild cards, 7 years absent of the post season .

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Early in Romo's tenure, he had no OL. He got hit and sacked so much it was rediculous. When the team decided to fix it, Romo's game improved leaps and bounds. Problem was, he had been beaten up so badly he just didn't have much left.

Don't have a good Oline this season, despite constant claims that we do.

Grevus

Reaction score
They say games are won in the trenches. It's so true. Just look at last week's game. Oline was hurting and we struggled. Yea. I know Dak sucks. Dline didn't get much pressure and our secondary had issues. Great defenses get pressure from the Dline. Great offenses give their QB time to make plays.

Dak is our QB and nothing is going to change it for this year and most likely next. Would love to see Dak improvement with a new Offensive scheme, OC and QB coach. We've seen this current movie for too many years. Without a lot of luck, this team will never win the SB again.