Its simple: Dak is an average qb

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He is average. And some incredibly wealthy imbecile with a keen eye for talent, just hitched his wagon to him for 4 years.

They paid him after he snapped his ankle too.

They just let him take them to the shed in negotiations. Jones’s got played.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
And I’d be fine with it but they paid the guy so much money and he needs so much around him.

It’s going to be nearly impossible to ever win anything with Dak. This year is our best chance.
No argument from me. But like I said maybe if Brady and Rodgers retire? I don’t know, the rest of the QBs pretty much suck in the NFC.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
QBs I'd rather have than Dak right now (no order)

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Mahomes
4. Wilson
5. Allen
6. Herbert
7. Murray
8. Burrow
9. Lamar Jackson
*Watson (if he ever comes back)

Same level/tier - you can argue whether Dak is better/worse than these guys but in the end, they're still second tier to the QBs above:
Dak
Stafford
Wentz
Goff
Carr
Cousins
Tannehill
Garropolo
Ryan

That’s a really good list.

Steve007

Reaction score

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Mahomes
4. Wilson
5. Allen
6. Herbert
7. Murray
8. Burrow
9. Lamar Jackson

Same level/tier - you can argue whether Dak is better/worse than these guys but in the end, they're still second tier to the QBs above:
Dak
Stafford
Wentz
Goff
Carr
Cousins
Tannehill
Garropolo
Ryan
I like your list, but I don't know about Jackson. Great athlete, but I would take Dak over him.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
That is the point.... he needs superior talent. He doesn't elevate average players.

The o-line has been perennially average, so he's certainly elevated THEM, since this team came into tonight's game with the #1 offense (amazingly enough - hec, I find that hard to believe too LOL).

And Dak likely has to elevate or overcome a lackluster OC with simplistic game plans.

And let's not forget about all the drops.

Dak isn't playing well, but the o-line, the OC, the non-run-blocking TE - none of them have showed consistency either. So it all looks bad. And I think it would look bad with a lot of other QBs as well.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
When the hell did we have them where we want them? We trailed the entire game and we are a team that excels when we have the lead not playing from behind.

im assuming you mean because we had our defense on the field down 3 & with momentum?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Said that for years and unless the cap goes up or they get incredibly lucky in the draft, with the amount of cap he takes up, there will be a talent drain.
Apparently we need 5 all pros on our OL now. These fans are just delusional. It’s actually not the OL at all, watch good running teams it’s the TE’s that are key. That’s our big weakness running the ball. Our TE’s suck so bad at blocking.

Swagger

Reaction score

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Mahomes
4. Wilson
5. Allen
6. Herbert
7. Murray
8. Burrow
9. Lamar Jackson

Dak
Stafford
Wentz
Goff
Carr
Cousins
Tannehill
Garropolo
Ryan
Completely agree. He isn't a top 10 QB but in the 11-15 bracket. There's no shame in that but as a result he shouldn't have been given the big contract (and with a no trade clause, good grief). His level is fine as a QB on a rookie contract but yes, it looks like we will be kneecapped by him until we can move on.

Mobinvans

Reaction score

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Mahomes
4. Wilson
5. Allen
6. Herbert
7. Murray
8. Burrow
9. Lamar Jackson

Dak
Stafford
Wentz
Goff
Carr
Cousins
Tannehill
Garropolo
Ryan
Pretty spot on

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I like your list, but I don't know about Jackson. Great athlete, but I would take Dak over him.
Yeah Lamar was borderline for me but I had to put him above because his running ability is that great. He may not be as good of a passer right now but at least he has an elite trait/skill compared to Dak, who doesn't really have one. He already won an MVP a few years ago and we don't know if Dak could ever do that.