It's time for Micah to be given the opportunity to play running back on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while and I believe not necessarily in the Green Bay game but if we make it to the NFC championship against the 49ers Micah Parsons should play running back on offense.
In a limited role
We are going to need a power running game to win that game and he is our Eric Dickerson he played running back in high school he has four three speed in a 240 lb body.
And he is by far the best athlete on our team if we get that far I think it's time to pull the stops out and make him our Derrick Henry.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is a stronger runner than Pollard.
This along with the fact that Micah wants to be great wants to be the greatest player to play the game this would give him that opportunity to play both ways and I don't think we'd be disappointed it could take us over the top.

A couple successful runs from Micah straight arming guys into the ground and at worst he would be the ultimate decoy when he came in the game every eye on defense would be on him.

Thoughts and please no cry babies telling me that he's going to be worn down and it'll be too much for him Chuck bednarek played linebacker and center game after game I'm sure Micah could do this for two games

Quickdraw

Reaction score
The running game would be a little better if we returned to the 2 back system. The other day when Pollard scored that 1 yard TD, he had Vaughn in front of him blocking for him. Similar to when Moose Johnson blocked for Emmitt. The other thing would be to use less shotgun/run. If it's a run, the back has no momentum before getting the ball.

I really don't think putting a linebacker in would help. It's the scheme that needs to be adjusted, not the personnel.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The running game would be a little better if we returned to the 2 back system. The other day when Pollard scored that 1 yard TD, he had Vaughn in front of him blocking for him. Similar to when Moose Johnson blocked for Emmitt. The other thing would be to use less shotgun/run. If it's a run, the back has no momentum before getting the ball.

I really don't think putting a linebacker in would help. It's the scheme that needs to be adjusted, not the personnel.
With all respect quick there is no similarity between Deuce Vaughn a midget who scares no one as a blocker to moose Johnson.

Micah is not just a linebacker he played running back before Micah is a football player and the best athlete we have on the team I just believe it's time to pull the stops out if we play the 49ers the same way we've been playing them with the same personnel we can probably expect the same result

Blackrain

Reaction score
I couldn't do it. First and foremost he doesn't have any experience as a ball carrier. Secondly I'm not letting opposing defenses tee off on my franchise player.
Second he does have experience he was a running back in high school.
Beyond that he's the best athlete on our team deion Sanders played wide receiver for us as well as cornerback I'm not saying we do it the whole season.

But I'm telling you right now if we get into the NFC championship game with the 49ers in their
house and we don't do something different than we've done in the past and this would be a lot different we can probably expect the same results and that's not good when the eagles have given us a chance by way of home field advantage to really make a run at this this year.
If we don't take advantage of this and use our best athletes to our best advantage we are missing an opportunity.

When you speak about people teeing off on our best defensive player he routinely goes against two offensive lineman that outweigh him by 50 lb on a regular basis how could running the ball possibly be worse than that and I'm only saying a few times a game and maybe using him as a decoy

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Just stop. Guy hasn’t played RB since HS. Great he’s fast. How’s he read a hole, how’s is pass pro, blitz pick-ups?
The idea that guys can just switch positions in the NFL because they did it in HS is a silly notion.

Go ahead and put him at RB. If I'm the DC I’m bringing a double A gap immediately.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Nobody fears are no name running game.
I guarantee you you bring Micah Parsons in on offense and every eye in the stadium goes on him immediately.
His athletic ability is respected League wide give him the chance to be as great as he wants to be I don't think he'll disappoint us

Blackrain

Reaction score
Just stop. Guy hasn’t played RB since HS. Great he’s fast. How’s he read a hole, how’s is pass pro, blitz pick-ups?
The idea that guys can just switch positions in the NFL because they did it in HS is a silly notion.

Go ahead and put him at RB. If I'm the DC I’m bringing a double A gap immediately.
You stop he's the best football player on our team and the best athlete he takes on two men that outweigh him by 50 lb on every play how do you think his pass protection would be I'm thinking better than Deuce Vaughn.

Can't leave a possible game breaker sit on the bench when we have this type of opportunity.
Who knows when a team will ever implode again and give us this many home games.

CCBoy

Reaction score
:thumbup:Potentials as well...not many uses although. He's needed on defense.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

WOW look at who it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This picture brings back so many memories!!!!!! Bash me now please do it!!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while and I believe not necessarily in the Green Bay game but if we make it to the NFC championship against the 49ers Micah Parsons should play running back on offense.
In a limited role
We are going to need a power running game to win that game and he is our Eric Dickerson he played running back in high school he has four three speed in a 240 lb body.
And he is by far the best athlete on our team if we get that far I think it's time to pull the stops out and make him our Derrick Henry.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is a stronger runner than Pollard.
This along with the fact that Micah wants to be great wants to be the greatest player to play the game this would give him that opportunity to play both ways and I don't think we'd be disappointed it could take us over the top.

A couple successful runs from Micah straight arming guys into the ground and at worst he would be the ultimate decoy when he came in the game every eye on defense would be on him.

Thoughts and please no cry babies telling me that he's going to be worn down and it'll be too much for him Chuck bednarek played linebacker and center game after game I'm sure Micah could do this for two games
:facepalm:
you want to experiment in the most important game of the year...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I couldn't do it. First and foremost he doesn't have any experience as a ball carrier. Secondly I'm not letting opposing defenses tee off on my franchise player.
lol lol that's funny I literally watched him do it in high school

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

so because he hasn't played since high school he's brain washed as how to do the things he was taught to do years ago???

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This is why fans are fans and not coaches.

No one in their right mind would entertain taking your best defensive player and putting him at RB. Not to mention trying this for the first time a in a playoff game.

Smh.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’ll be happy if his opposition has to follow the same rules as our O-lineman do. That opportunity will lead to the wins we need even with no running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.