It's time to bench Zeke and play Cook

ClintDagger

Reaction score
The radio was saying something about how the camera caught Zeke in the locker room and he was so banged up he couldn’t get his shoulder pads on without help. The guy is just sadly done. I actually think he looks faster this year than his last year that he was here but clearly his body is failing him. Cook looked very similar in NY. I would bet there’s a practice squad guy somewhere that has more than either Zeke or Cook can give.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Zeke was incredibly slow and he’s rarely on the field. There’s no reason to not try and see if Cook has more juice.

Don't tell me Zeke in pass-pro yadda yadda; Zeke is barely on the field, we don’t miss his snaps.
Totally, there was a toss maybe on the 3rd or 4th drive that looked like it was setup for a potential big gain, but Zeke was slow hitting the opening and only got 4 yards. Similar later in the game. Zeke really offers 4 things...

-Pass blocking
-Short yardage up the gut/inside the 5
-Decent pass catcher with reliable hands
-Good locker room guy

Time to see what Cook can do!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The radio was saying something about how the camera caught Zeke in the locker room and he was so banged up he couldn’t get his shoulder pads on without help. The guy is just sadly done. I actually think he looks faster this year than his last year that he was here but clearly his body is failing him. Cook looked very similar in NY. I would bet there’s a practice squad guy somewhere that has more than either Zeke or Cook can give.
Good post. His time is done, I do appreciate that he plays with pain and has a good attitude....but, yes, a young PS back is probably out there waiting for an opportunity

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
100%. Zeke can be cut. More dowdle. Cooks as backup with hunter.
I think they can cut Zeke and Deuce. Chance Deuce gets picked up elsewhere but if not, to the PS.

I'd call up Cook and Malik Davis or look at a PS guy like Frank Gore Jr (BUF) or Ke'Shawn Vaughn (SF)

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Zeke was always a mistake to bring in. His positives outweigh the negatives. Team needs more speed in the backfield.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It’s honestly sad to see Zeke looking this bad. I kinda wish he’d just retire. He can come back if injuries take out 2 or 3 others. Couldn’t possibly do any worse coming off the couch than he’s doing coming off the bench.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Have always loved Zeke.. always will.

But bringing him back to count twice against the cap when he was clearly done.. is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen an NFL team do.

and that's saying something for Jerry.

I feel like the poster above ^^^^.. I wish he would just retire.

stinkface

Reaction score
Dowdle is the best back by far on the team. Cook would be the back up along with Hunter. Agree Zeke is in pain. He had a problem just putting his pads on pre game.

J-man

Reaction score
Time to bench Zeke? He is basically benched already. He should have never been re-signed in the first place. Rico has the job. But I agree they need to bring Cooks up to see what he can still do, anything. Otherwise why did they sign him in the first place?
I still say they need to make a trade to get another back. No offense to Rico, he had a good game, but he isn't the answer to our running woes.