Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dowdell, we need more Dowdell!

giphy.gif

sbark

Reaction score
Totally, there was a toss maybe on the 3rd or 4th drive that looked like it was setup for a potential big gain, but Zeke was slow hitting the opening and only got 4 yards. Similar later in the game. Zeke really offers 4 things...

-Pass blocking
-Short yardage up the gut/inside the 5
-Decent pass catcher with reliable hands
-Good locker room guy

Time to see what Cook can do!
All things Luepke is getting done. + apecial teams

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Zeke is past done. If Emmitt could stay awake he’d be better tomorrow. Or at least as good as Zeke at this point.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Forget Zeke and Dalvin. Rico has earned the job and should get 15-20 carries a game. Use Luepke as short yardage and give Malik a chance if there’s an injury.

Cmac

Reaction score
If many with the same premise for Zeke, applied it to others on the team........we wouldn't be able to field a game day roster. We'd have a Flag Football OL formation, for starters. I'm so glad it was Dowdle (instead of Zeke) with the late game fumble, as many would have stayed up all night. Now when Cook finally get his audition, watch how fast his name gets questioned being on the roster. Our OL has been declining since Frederick retired, shouldn't we expect better of them as well or we're going to continually dismiss breakdowns on every play.

And I'd ask, since Dowdle is the new revelation (ala TPollard)......are we going to expect 20+ carries next week?
Is the staff going to stop this BS rotation......2 or 3 good plays and then come out?
Are we going to see Cook soon, to find out what he can't do with an OL like ours?

As for Zeke returning to the team.......I'd be good if the same energy was on this board when Witten returned, started and got a high number of plays....when it was just as ineffective as Zeke being on this team for his few plays Bash the Front Office for the roster. Already got Zeke down as a Fall Guy with Dak, and Cee Diva leading candidate for Mental Checkout Award, and TDiggs with the My Uniform is Always Clean Award.

McMicah

Reaction score
Zeke was a nostalgic pride move by Jerry. The only thing keeping him on the team is Jerry’s pride, which is a very strong force