It's time to trade Zeke

lqmac1

Reaction score
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.

Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.
Some people just don’t understand the business side of the NFL.

You think that every other team is just blind to his play of late? Do you think they’re just going to give you whatever picks you want in addition to taking on that contract?

Contrary to belief, he’s more valuable than what we would get in return for him. Also, it’s just been two games let’s just chill a little bit. Zeke is typically a slow starter.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dude, I agree with you. I just don't think anyone would want him. And I'm not big on the idea of giving away a premium pick to unload Zeke. Lets just cross our fingers and hope he kicks some butt.

I never said to give away a premium pick to unload him.

The more they see film of him the less his value goes down. Hopefully he can turn it around and start kicking ***.

rambo2

Reaction score
Zeke is actually playing well and made some huge plays in the game winning drive against the Chargers and has been blocking well in pass protection.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is giving you a high draft pick for him.

I’m thinking what GM in his right mind is giving the Cowboys a high draft pick plus take in that contract for a RB with more mileage then a Greyhound bus Albany to Portland ….the days of offloading Herschel Walker to the suckers in Minnesota is a legend that won’t be repeated .

Eddie

Reaction score
Giving in to his hold out and handing that insane contract was typical Jerry Jones. We're stuck with a seriously declining RB with almost no way out. Jerry Jones loves to believe he's a maverick football man, but it's decisions like these that have kept us in cellar for 25 years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke need more carries.

25+ per game.

It's amazing to me that after having Emmitt here...some people don;t "get it". Not even our coaches it seems. The "feed me" sign can be annoying...but there's a long-standing reason for it.

You don't have to have a "great" offensive line...but you do have to have a tough one.

Zeke is just not going to have a great game with 3-4 carries per quarter. People that don;t understand that don;t understand football...or a pounding running game that Zeke exels at.

Yes...there will be some games we can't do that for whatever reason. And Pollard feeds.

rambo2

Reaction score
Giving in to his hold out and handing that insane contract was typical Jerry Jones. We're stuck with a seriously declining RB with almost no way out. Jerry Jones loves to believe he's a maverick football man, but it's decisions like these that have kept us in cellar for 25 years.
The Cowboys are stuck with a very good back that gives them an outstanding one two punch and a chance to win now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke need more carries.

25+ per game.

The offense the Cowboys have under Kellen Moore, Zeke isn’t going to come close to 25+ carries per game. We’re a pass first team. Seems like the Cowboys win far more often when the running game is working. Big passing numbers seem to equate to losses. When the Cowboys have to throw a lot they’re usually playing from behind. When we get a lead and can pound the run we usually have more success.

rambo2

Reaction score
The offense the Cowboys have under Kellen Moore, Zeke isn’t going to come close to 25+ carries per game. We’re a pass first team. Seems like the Cowboys win far more often when the running game is working. Big passing numbers seem to equate to losses. When the Cowboys have to throw a lot they’re usually playing from behind. When we get a lead and can pound the run we usually have more success.
There is no need for him to get 25 carries when they have Pollard. The carries will be divided.

RaZon

Reaction score
Not talking Zeke just the RB position, you do not pay any RB big $$$$ anymore, the reason being RB's are all over the place, no need to spend big to get them.

Now talking Zeke, being he is who he is and what he has done I am giving him 2021 to return to ZEKE!!!! if he isn't averaging 4,5ish, yep.....try to deal him before 2022, but,,,,,,good luck!

Every college team out there has 3/4 cats who carry the ball, TONS of RB's.

Shane612

Reaction score
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.

Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.
I said couple of weeks ago, that if anyone brought this subject again, knowing that Zeke's contract is a deal killer, that I would ignore that person.
Well, congratulations....you're ignored.
Bye.

rambo2

Reaction score
I said couple of weeks ago, that if anyone brought this subject again, knowing that Zeke's contract is a deal killer, that I would ignore that person.
Well, congratulations....you're ignored.
Bye.
What is really ridiculous is that the Cowboys have no reason to make a deal.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no need for him to get 25 carries when they have Pollard. The carries will be divided.
That's fine but don;t expect him to get 150 yards.

at 12-16 carries a game that will be about 80 yards.

That's 3-4 carries per quarter. Stupid!

Give him 8-10 more carries....mostly in the 2nd half.....now we get 120-150.

It's just the way it works for that kind of RB.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Some of you are crazy. Even if Pollard is better, which i don't believe, why trade depth...... why not have both backs and use then to their strength. What happens if Pollard gets hurt and Zeke was traded away....... you think Corey Clement is going to keep the run game dangerous.

Same thing with you guys wanting Jaylon gone. Parsons needs to fill in at DE and now Neal is out against the eagles. You want to trot out Leighton and Jabril with no rotation........ what happens if Leighton is hurt in the game, he has injury history.

Same thing with trading Gallup.

Y'all complain Dallas has no depth and when they finally have some it's time to trade it away.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Zeke is going nowhere. Who is taking on his contract and giving us anything of value? We screwed up with the Zeke and Jaylon extensions. They will be gone after next season. Also, Pollard and Zeke combo is good for this offense. And do you want to pay all the dead money?

Redline360

Reaction score
We are stuck with Zeke if you like it or not. With Pollard we have one of the best 1-2 punch combos in football

Zeke is no longer going to get tons of carries and don't expect many 100-150 yard games from him anymore. His ability to break tackles and get 15+ yards up field has damn near disappeared.