It's time to trade Zeke

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.

Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.
It’s always been Prescott’s team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know a couple of them personally from the old site. They came recently. I wish they didn’t find it LOL
I don’t think there are many but it doesn’t take many. Just one yahoo come here crapping on any Cowboy takes a life of it’s own. Other haters pile on. Others are converted into haters and on and on and on.

leeblair

Reaction score
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.

Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.
I wish you guys gave up on Dak half as fast as you give up on Zeke.
The Cowboys wouldn't be in this mess.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not talking Zeke just the RB position, you do not pay any RB big $$$$ anymore, the reason being RB's are all over the place, no need to spend big to get them.

Now talking Zeke, being he is who he is and what he has done I am giving him 2021 to return to ZEKE!!!! if he isn't averaging 4,5ish, yep.....try to deal him before 2022, but,,,,,,good luck!

Every college team out there has 3/4 cats who carry the ball, TONS of RB's.
Okay so what? we did. Big deal. Now what? sit here and beech about it for 2 years?

Oh...and btw...not "every college running back cat" can beat the best four teams of the NCAA to win the NCAA championship. 800 yards and 10 TDs against four of the best...certainly TWO BEST in Mighty bama and media dalring Ducks.

Then go on as an best NFL RB as a rookie.

You can poo=poo that if ya want...but NO ONE DOES IT!
NOT just any old college RB.

He was a beast then and still can be if the Cowboys continue to get their running game in order.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score

You Madden franchise guys crack me up. Here’s the thing. Zekes contract will end up being 4 years 50 million. Is it too much? Probably. But it’s on the past. Can’t change it now. We will have him for a minimum of two more years, then he will most likely move on. Nobody is taking on the contract, and like it or not, he’s an integral part of the leadership of this team. This is how JJ does business.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You Madden franchise guys crack me up. Here’s the thing. Zekes contract will end up being 4 years 50 million. Is it too much? Probably. But it’s on the past. Can’t change it now. We will have him for a minimum of two more years, then he will most likely move on. Nobody is taking on the contract, and like it or not, he’s an integral part of the leadership of this team. This is how JJ does business.

WHo whoa whoa......"not integral part of the leadership of this team"?

Cowboys teammates and coaches don;t think that:

“I thought Zeke had a solid game,” Mike McCarthy described to D210SPORTS. “He did all the heavy lifting. He had some really hard looks in the run game but his pass protection… There was some extension in the pass game where maybe there will be more opportunities moving forward. But Zeke is a complete football player…he’s a joy to work with. I love the way he goes about it. He’s in great shape. He does all the little things. He has great understanding of the game. He’s very instinctive.”

Each week, Elliott attends quarterback and offensive line meetings to create a broader lens and perspective when his feet hit the turf. A testament to Elliott’s character and the type of teammate he is. His comprehensive approach to the game/dedication to his mental preparation is in many respects, unparalleled for a running back. The Ohio State product prides himself on being a complete back and commits to perfecting every aspect of his craft. Elliott may not always be the vocal leader of the squad, but his actions speak for themselves.

“He’s a very natural leader,” Kellen Moore told D210SPORTS. “He is not a loud leader, but he really leads by example. For a lot of people who have been here, to see the growth that he has taken from his rookie year, you know coming in here and producing at such a high level his rookie year and then molding himself into this player that he is right now, he is in a phenomenal position… runs the show.”

RaZon

Reaction score
Okay sure...you a man of your word?

and check my edit.

You need to do some homework my man if you think rookie RB's can't walk right in and take over.

Hell, New Mexico QB Don Woods was converted to a RB, had over a 1000 yards as a rookie.

Eric Dickerson?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nobody wants him at this price, especially not now that he's spent a good chunk of actual games running worse than his generic, cheap, mid-round backup.

The time to trade him was before his backup was running better than him. Before his yards per carry dipped to a mediocre level and before he had a butterfingers fumble-prone season. And before you handed him a massive long-term deal no running back is worth in today's NFL. The time to trade him was in his contract year, basically. Of course, we wouldn't have recovered what we invested in him with a top 5 pick (which wasn't just an abstract concept of a pick, it was a great cornerback sitting there).

We just need to accept that we handled the RB position incorrectly and learn our lesson from it so we don't do it again. It's kind of insane that we made the mistake in the first place, honestly.

Remember when Washington traded Champ Bailey to Denver for Clinton Portis, and everybody with any brain cells immediately laughed at how backwards and stupid they were for trading a great cornerback for a great running back, since RBs grow on trees and since cornerbacks are impossibly difficult to find? Yeah, that was 2004. Running backs have only gotten less valuable and even easier to find since then. The passing game as only become more important and harder to stop, making cornerback an even harder position to fill. It's honestly as if our war room woke up that day and decided to cosplay as if they'd time-traveled back to the '70s or '80s. Like a bunch of idiots at a Civil War reenactment or a renaissance fair. A great cornerback prospect was sitting there for us and we decided we'd rather have a RB. Yikes.

Zeke is an average back at this point.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is a trash fanbase.

Proud member.........:popcorn:

iu

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You need to do some homework my man if you think rookie RB's can't walk right in and take over.

Hell, New Mexico QB Don Woods was converted to a RB, had over a 1000 yards as a rookie.

Oh so you are playing there "I know more than you" card? You can't even do simple math. Not even close to what zeke had and what zeke did for this team as a rookie.

kumizi

Reaction score
Oh so you are playing there "I know more than you" card? You can't even do simple math. Not even close to what zeke had and what zeke did for this team as a rookie.
You still living in 2016?

2019-2021 Zeke is an average back and that’s me being generous because of his pedigree. His production is below average and he’s the highest paid back in the league.

Zeke 2019/2020/2021: 5.0/4.4/4.4 yards per touch

Pollard 2019/2020/2021: 5.6/4.9/8.0 yards per touch

Zekes numbers are worse than most of the well regarded RBs in the league.

McCaffery: 5.9/4.9/5.4
Kamara: 5.3/6.3/3.5
Chubb: 5.3/5.9/6.9
Cook: 5.5/5.4/5.0
Henry: 5.4/5.4/5.1

Zeke is not even in the same stratosphere as any of these guys. Only in some fantasy world inside Zeke fans heads is he still some amazing running back.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I actually thought the other place was more intelligent. This is the normal since I’ve been here. I think they’re in from other teams fourm . If you go and just look at some of the sites the fans are idiots

There's nothing unintelligent about suggesting trading Zeke (if you could), it's a valid opinion if you can justify why.

It's more complex than 'he's a good (bad/indifferent) player". It's about ending the financial restraints we place on aging players that dont perform to excessive contracts.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's nothing unintelligent about suggesting trading Zeke (if you could), it's a valid opinion if you can justify why.

It's more complex than 'he's a good (bad/indifferent) player". It's about ending the financial restraints we place on aging players that dont perform to excessive contracts.
No it’s not a valid argument. Especially now

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No it’s not a valid argument. Especially now

Never mentioned now ....however, at some point soon we have to considering the decision on whether we go: Pollard or Zeke and his $18.2m CAP hit. Compounding matters by restructuring a 27 year old RB's contract when his CAP is already: $18.2 ($16.7, $14.3, $17 and $16.6, is just another of the dreadful contractual situations this team always seems to finds it's self in.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke. Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.
Agree 110%.
He wouldn't be dismissing it if Jerry started hitting him in the pocket. Elliott lied to the fans how he's in better shape blah blah blah.... Great disappointment!