It's time to trade Zeke

Cmac

Reaction score
Constantly baffled by the analyzing of a few on this team, with regularity, when there so many angles to address. Offense: Zeke, Defense: Jaylon/DLaw, Coaches: MM. Extra: Anthony Brown. Its fully understandable of critique, but the baffling part is when it's with others, the rose colored glasses surface, almost immediately.

This has become as frequent as the reruns of Andy Griffith Show. Too funny.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You still living in 2016?

2019-2021 Zeke is an average back and that’s me being generous because of his pedigree. His production is below average and he’s the highest paid back in the league.

Zeke 2019/2020/2021: 5.0/4.4/4.4 yards per touch

Pollard 2019/2020/2021: 5.6/4.9/8.0 yards per touch

Zekes numbers are worse than most of the well regarded RBs in the league.

McCaffery: 5.9/4.9/5.4
Kamara: 5.3/6.3/3.5
Chubb: 5.3/5.9/6.9
Cook: 5.5/5.4/5.0
Henry: 5.4/5.4/5.1

Zeke is not even in the same stratosphere as any of these guys. Only in some fantasy world inside Zeke fans heads is he still some amazing running back.
Okay buddy...awesome break down ypu the man. Kinda surprised you don't have your own NFL team.
Since you know so much.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You can not trade something that no one wants. 90 million for a decent blocker and a locker room jokester. No thanks.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can not trade something that no one wants. 90 million for a decent blocker and a locker room jokester. No thanks.
You see this is the real joker....he thinks zeke is a locker room joke.. when his team mates and coaches respect him for his work and leadership.

But jack ax fans know better than they....okay sure. Why are so called fans such a holes?

How come Rockport isn't harrasing the haters here....because it isn't dak?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.

Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.
It's a long season, slow you're roll. It's too early for all this hating!

coult44

Reaction score
WHo whoa whoa......"not integral part of the leadership of this team"?

Cowboys teammates and coaches don;t think that:

“I thought Zeke had a solid game,” Mike McCarthy described to D210SPORTS. “He did all the heavy lifting. He had some really hard looks in the run game but his pass protection… There was some extension in the pass game where maybe there will be more opportunities moving forward. But Zeke is a complete football player…he’s a joy to work with. I love the way he goes about it. He’s in great shape. He does all the little things. He has great understanding of the game. He’s very instinctive.”

Each week, Elliott attends quarterback and offensive line meetings to create a broader lens and perspective when his feet hit the turf. A testament to Elliott’s character and the type of teammate he is. His comprehensive approach to the game/dedication to his mental preparation is in many respects, unparalleled for a running back. The Ohio State product prides himself on being a complete back and commits to perfecting every aspect of his craft. Elliott may not always be the vocal leader of the squad, but his actions speak for themselves.

“He’s a very natural leader,” Kellen Moore told D210SPORTS. “He is not a loud leader, but he really leads by example. For a lot of people who have been here, to see the growth that he has taken from his rookie year, you know coming in here and producing at such a high level his rookie year and then molding himself into this player that he is right now, he is in a phenomenal position… runs the show.”

Dude, who said he’s not an integral part of the leadership? He most definitely is. That was the crux of my comment

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It’s looking to me like he’s going to have to take a pay cut next season or the team may move on from him.

Zeke's salary next year was guaranteed as of March this year. There will be no pay cut next year. In 2023, when his money is no longer guaranteed. then maybe a pay cut. Unfortunately, Pollard is a free agent in 2023 too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pollard has never had the burst 2016 Zeke had.

Zeke hasn't had his 2016 burst since 2016 either.

Zeke was a thing of beauty in 2016. Easier to roid up in college and the effects lasted a year into the NFL? I wonder about the drop off.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke's salary next year was guaranteed as of March this year. There will be no pay cut next year. In 2023, when his money is no longer guaranteed. then maybe a pay cut. Unfortunately, Pollard is a free agent in 2023 too.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted.

jnday

Reaction score
Thus the reason they need to trade him now. The more film they see about him the more likely he ain't worth it.

Jerry needs to use his sales skills and get it done.
Jerry doesn’t have enough skills to find a team willing to trade Zeke. No team would be willing to take in that contract. It is no secret that he has declined. Every team in the league knows this.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
This thread should be flushed with a large um er uh well you know.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Pollard is a scrub compared to 2016 Zeke. 2020 Zeke was absolute garbage.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke hasn't had his 2016 burst since 2016 either.

Zeke was a thing of beauty in 2016. Easier to roid up in college and the effects lasted a year into the NFL? I wonder about the drop off.
Never really gave much thought about roids, but not impossible, I guess.

I believe you were on the old DC.com board back in 2016 when Zeke was drafted. Do you remember we had Henry's cousin join the board and advocate hard for Henry arguing he was the better player. While many people thought we should pick Ramsey / Henry in the first and second, nobody took the dude serious. We essentially laughed him off the board. I think Henry has become the player we all expected Zeke to be for the majority of his career. Could you imagine if Zeke improved over his rookie season and sustained that level of play for a few seasons? Instead it's been one phenomenal season and a bunch of excuses for why he doesn't look special anymore. Disappointing for sure.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The organization is not going to trade the 40 million dollar quarterbacks best friend. Never happening.

I wish they would have extended that type of courtesy to romo. they traded away one of his close friends on the team and a damn good tight end in Anthony Fasano in the 08 offseason. Fasano was a team player, good special teamer and an excellent receiver. Garrett and his brother john the tight end coach convinced jerry or whoever that Fasano did not fit his offense and traded him away for peanuts and then draft a lazy malcontent in Martellus bennett.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Sorry but Zeke has lost his speed and the ability to break tackles. I don't think he is the same player.

We should have never gave him this contract. Pollard could have replaced him if he held out. Now I think Pollard is a better runner than Zeke.

We can get a high draft pick for him and get rid of his overpaid contract. Or they can trade for Dlinemen.

Right now, this is Dak's team, not Zeke. I don't think he can carry the team anymore.
This is not Herschel Walker that was all speed, strength, and no vision. Zeke is a complete, elite RB, and I would wait before making another Jerry dumbo GM Jones trade without Jimmy Johnson.

You guys would have traded Emmitt Smith after the 1994 season.