ITS: Ungrateful fans need to stop taking Dak Prescott for granted

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will anything this guy write change anyone's opinion?

Troy Aikman nailed it when he was asked is Dallas is a good sports town. His reply "Dallas is a good winner's town".

Many fans are "show me the jewelry" or get someone else.

Remember Steve Young in the SB yelling "someone get this monkey off my back" after it was apparent they would win big? Montana was his monkey.

Danny White had a monkey too and he was a hell of a better QB than Romo or Prescott but he failed to deliver. But he almost got there three times.

Prescott doesn't have a monkey because Romo accomplished nothing but he's got this huge gorilla called "Expectations" and even though the Cowboys haven't sniffed a NFCCG in over two decades, he will get left holding the bag with no presents in it should he not get to a SB. And I think he has to win it, just getting there isn't good enough for a lot of entitled fans.

I used to sell Romo by pointing out what we had between Aikman and him but that really never worked anymore than saying the Cowboys could have one of these bottom tier QB's instead of Prescott.

It is not about those QB's it's why can't we have a Mahomes, Burrow, Brady, Rodgers, Brees because we are so deserving. Many of us are like the man that stays married but constantly complains about how bad a wife he has instead of divorcing her and finding another.

No one makes a fan stay a fan of a team. If I disliked Prescott as much as some of you say you do, I wouldn't watch this team. I can get my masochistic fix elsewhere.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well for one this is not new information

I've been using these stats and arguments for Prescott for a long time but they keep going back to he chokes in big games and that's also not true if you use the context you know of what actually happened in those games you have the three straight losses with no run game the offensive line shaky at best against the better defenses in the second round

I mean literally there been all kinds of reason we've lost in the playoffs and there are players out there that started their careers very similar like Peyton Manning was three and six in the playoffs before he turned the corner and won a Super Bowl yeah twice as many turnovers but nobody wants to hear it

but it's no surprise I mean Tony Romo got the same treatment it's now just the other half that are Prescott haters that used to be Romo haters or maybe there's some crossover I don't know but it's very true they're ungrateful unappreciative and forget what it could be like to truly have a terrible quarterback

blueblood70

Reaction score
Will anything this guy write change anyone's opinion?

Troy Aikman nailed it when he was asked is Dallas is a good sports town. His reply "Dallas is a good winner's town".

Many fans are "show me the jewelry" or get someone else.

Remember Steve Young in the SB yelling "someone get this monkey off my back" after it was apparent they would win big? Montana was his monkey.

Danny White had a monkey too and he was a hell of a better QB than Romo or Prescott but he failed to deliver. But he almost got there three times.

Prescott doesn't have a monkey because Romo accomplished nothing but he's got this huge gorilla called "Expectations" and even though the Cowboys haven't sniffed a NFCCG in over two decades, he will get left holding the bag with no presents in it should he not get to a SB. And I think he has to win it, just getting there isn't good enough for a lot of entitled fans.

I used to sell Romo by pointing out what we had between Aikman and him but that really never worked anymore than saying the Cowboys could have one of these bottom tier QB's instead of Prescott.

It is not about those QB's it's why can't we have a Mahomes, Burrow, Brady, Rodgers, Brees because we are so deserving. Many of us are like the man that stays married but constantly complains about how bad a wife he has instead of divorcing her and finding another.

No one makes a fan stay a fan of a team. If I disliked Prescott as much as some of you say you do, I wouldn't watch this team. I can get my masochistic fix elsewhere.
correct, did you happen to catch the Dallas Stars fans during the playoffs

I mean that that's any evidence on how a lot of Dallas fans act when things aren't going right even for a playoff team the stars were on fire they're in the Western Conference finals and they get booed off the floor with beer being thrown all over other fans and things being thrown on the ice and all the reactions online were priceless it was like I was watching Dallas cowboy fans the way they react

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
correct, did you happen to catch the Dallas Stars fans during the playoffs

I mean that that's any evidence on how a lot of Dallas fans act when things aren't going right even for a playoff team the stars were on fire they're in the Western Conference finals and they get booed off the floor with beer being thrown all over other fans and things being thrown on the ice and all the reactions online were priceless it was like I was watching Dallas cowboy fans the way they react
Sounds like 80% of those in here. lol

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’s not a Super Bowl QB. So why waste more time? I’d draft someone in the first round next year and drop Dak in 2025 barring a championship in the interim.

He also had his worst season as a pro last year. Criticism is appropriate at this point. I’m holding out a sliver of hope that he can drive the bus to a championship game but it’s sorta naive to expect it considering the trajectory.

CCBoy

Reaction score
x1000, I like Dak and he's better than what most teams have at QB but he has yet to show any capability to carry the team through the kind of adversity that comes with playoff football,,, at least not within the classic QB role. Replacing him with an equal caliber QB would not be "easy" but it wouldn't be hard either. Maybe the Texas Coast offense will be better for him.
Strong leadership that is actually insightful and a whole team of talented players that were mainly drafted and some veteran smartly added this off season.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
My expectations changed once he signed that ridiculous contract. He's making generational wealth while ~50% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck. He's getting paid like he's the man, so he better start BEING the man. I, personally, can't wait to move on, because he's clearly not that dude. This is what you get when you refuse to invest a 1st round pick in a QB.
You sound like a bitter baby momma lol. Omg he's making money and not giving me none!!! Let us know why you really mad. Because athletes who plays in the pros gets paid regardless, doesn't matter the sport. They are the ENTERTAINMENT. Get it through your thick skull.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My expectations changed once he signed that ridiculous contract. He's making generational wealth while ~50% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck. He's getting paid like he's the man, so he better start BEING the man. I, personally, can't wait to move on, because he's clearly not that dude. This is what you get when you refuse to invest a 1st round pick in a QB.
You pocket watching and sorry. You really mad he rich and you broke. Maybe if you spent less time hating you too would be rich.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s not a Super Bowl QB. So why waste more time? I’d draft someone in the first round next year and drop Dak in 2025 barring a championship in the interim.

He also had his worst season as a pro last year. Criticism is appropriate at this point. I’m holding out a sliver of hope that he can drive the bus to a championship game but it’s sorta naive to expect it considering the trajectory.
Cowboys were one of the best teams in the NFL last year and you talking about his stats lol.