It's very simple, although you won't admit it

coult44

Reaction score
Ok, some of you will. But fir the most part of the crowd it will hurt your feelings and not support your agenda.

1) Tony made Jason, a The cowboys are what they are because Jason Garrett is not a good coach. He is an 8-8 a coach and worse if he doesn't have Tony Romo. He's the manager in the board room because he's friends with the owner. Everyone laughs because they know he has no skills

2) Rod Marinelli is old and the game has passed him by. I've been telling you guys for years that we should be better with the talent that we have. He's a good defensive line coach and that is all. When players are coached, they get better, not worse.

3) Linehan was horrible in Detroit and got fired. Why would he be better here. I've never seen someone move away from what works as much as he does.

4) Lee hurts us more than he helps us. He's soft as butter. Like I've said in the past. Do you want to go into a war with somebody knowing that your brother does not have your back and might bow out at any time. Somebody you know will not be there when the going gets tough

5) It's a sign of pathetic leadership and coaching that you can't have a team physically ready to play eight weeks into the season. There are 14-year-old girl soccer teams who are in better shape than our team. If you are sucking air before half time regardless of the reason, the coaching staff has not done their job in preparing you. It's embarrassing and the main reason we lost. You were supposed to be professionals, and that does not mean being as in shape as a high school player.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I agree with every point except 4. Dude Lee had a concussion. You can't keep playing with that. The dude is as much a warrior as any guy on that football field. Just doesn't have an NFL body. He gives everything he has on every snap. Never takes plays off. Loves the game. Works so hard. Great, great player. His body just can't take the punishment. He's not soft. That's ridiculous.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I don't see how Rod can get more from our defense. Our DBs have 0 playmaking skills, the D-Line aside from Hardy can not get pressure, and our LB corp has been dissapointing. Ro's poor play is no surprise, he did not participate in TC and looks heavier and slower. There's not much we could do aside from destroying some of those units and rebuilding. We need to add depth...

RS12

Reaction score
The coaches do not make the sum of the parts better, you are correct. Sadly Garrett is a politician and will convince Jerry "if only". Jerry isnt going to make major changes this late in Tony's career because Jerry believes he is "thisclose"

romothesavior

Reaction score
I don't see how Rod can get more from our defense. Our DBs have 0 playmaking skills, the D-Line aside from Hardy can not get pressure, and our LB corp has been dissapointing. Ro's poor play is no surprise, he did not participate in TC and looks heavier and slower. There's not much we could do aside from destroying some of those units and rebuilding. We need to add depth...

Seems like the pass rush issues could be a function of Rod's scheme/coaching.

RS12

Reaction score

McClain is getting paid much so he doesnt care much, its obvious.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I feel as though the coaches are good at creating a certain team culture, motivating players to practice and play hard, but we have no feel for timely play calling.

Two cents from a casual fan who never played the game after peewee.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree with #5 as to the part of not being in shape. We are 8 games into the season, and the D still gets gasses by halftime. And this is with 3 players missing the first 4 games or so.
I do blame this on the TC as they play not to get injured. but look at what is happening now...injuries....as well as an out of sync team, on both sides of the ball, and ST's.

This team is sloppy all the way around. no fire, no sense of urgency. This comes from the coaches as well as the players.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I agree with all points and sadly nothing will get done because the injuries are a built in excuse and will gloss the poor coaching, conditioning, etc. The reality is that the NFL has many subpar starters and backups and they still win 1-2 games when playing. We have had 4 winnable games and have blown them.

erod

Reaction score
All winning coaches are generally "made" by their quarterbacks.

You think Mike McCarthy is a great head coach? Sean Payton? What has Belichick ever done without Brady?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what fans believe, it's what the coaching staff, FO, Stephen and Jerry believe that is the problem. Jerry is a good salesman and can talk himself into just about anything. It's all very disappointing....

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
All winning coaches are generally "made" by their quarterbacks.

You think Mike McCarthy is a great head coach? Sean Payton? What has Belichick ever done without Brady?

I'm not sure this is necessarily true. Belichick was doing pretty well with Bledsoe. I thought Bledsoe was overrated. I think coaches instill confidence and do much more than people think. Troy was great but he even admitted that despite butting heads he loved that Jimmy was tough and didn't put up with crap. Troy hated that Switzer was lax and his play wasn't as good. There are a lot of factors besides that but I think QBs fit a coaches mentality when its a right fit. I think there have been plenty of really good QBs who had talent wasted without the right coach. With JG look at him as a total package....he was mediocre as an OC. Was made a HC WAY too early and we had 3-4 years of mistakes and on the job training....Jerry's words...to live through. They take all his power away and surround him with coordinators he is comfortable with. We have one good year. Then sans Romo all the ugliness that we saw as OC and early HC come back. The outlier was the fully healthy Romo year last year. Without that you have mediocre JG. Three-quarters of the teams in the NFL don't have a "franchise QB" and still find a way to win some games. We haven't had a back up win a game in 5 YEARS...and our HC was a QB coach.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
The soccer team reference is a nice touch.

JG isn't going anywhere. I'm convinced he has the remaining pictures of Jerry that hit the media last year. All I read this off season was how the DLine would be fresh and rotated. If this is what fresh looks like then I'd hate to see a tired DLine. I didn't want to believe that this coaching staff got dumb between last season and this season but I'm afraid you are what you are.

Tejano15

Reaction score
While our drafting has improved, Dallas has had too many misses on players and have given up draft picks to get players who have not been as advertised.

Mo Claiborne could have been Brockers and Billy Wagner
Demarcus Lawrence could have been Jerrigan and Trai Turner
Escobar could have been Bell at RB (no draft pick given but a miss because of how we utilize)

This is just 1st and 2nd round guys, I could go on and on when they had chances at Sherman and Chancellor, we are paying for our draft mistakes trying to outsmart ourselves.

Like I stated since McClay is has improved, but we could be way more talented if we would have been more true to the board.

I am hopeful that we can get a few wins but this goes beyond just coaching.

Zman5

Reaction score
I feel as though the coaches are good at creating a certain team culture, motivating players to practice and play hard, but we have no feel for timely play calling.

Two cents from a casual fan who never played the game after peewee.

They may be playing and practicing hard but same players keep making same mistakes over and over again which tells me they are not practicing the right things or the right way.

How long does it take for Wilcox to learn to take better angles? If he is working hard, shouldn't 2 years be enough to get better?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They may be playing and practicing hard but same players keep making same mistakes over and over again which tells me they are not practicing the right things or the right way.

That suggests that we have a poor coaching staff. Impossible!