It's very simple, although you won't admit it

RunDMC

Reaction score
I don't see how Rod can get more from our defense. Our DBs have 0 playmaking skills, the D-Line aside from Hardy can not get pressure, and our LB corp has been dissapointing. Ro's poor play is no surprise, he did not participate in TC and looks heavier and slower. There's not much we could do aside from destroying some of those units and rebuilding. We need to add depth...

Are you kidding me? HOW ABOUT BLITZING MORE?

How about stop playing that scrub Hayden who probably wouldn't be on any other roster and play Irving who has been disruptive damn near every time he's been on the football field.

How about benching McClain? How about disguising coverage better? It's obvious when we're playing man and zone coverage.

Dude is terrible.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
WE better hit in our 1st round pick in the draft since it will be between pick 5-10

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what fans believe, it's what the coaching staff, FO, Stephen and Jerry believe that is the problem. Jerry is a good salesman and can talk himself into just about anything. It's all very disappointing....

He can't sell the fans though. I haven't bought what he's been saying for years.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I agree with every point except 4. Dude Lee had a concussion. You can't keep playing with that. The dude is as much a warrior as any guy on that football field. Just doesn't have an NFL body. He gives everything he has on every snap. Never takes plays off. Loves the game. Works so hard. Great, great player. His body just can't take the punishment. He's not soft. That's ridiculous.

Agree 100%. If heart were all that mattered, he'd be unstoppable. Unfortunately, he's just not built strong enough to endure the rigors of an NFL schedule.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ok, some of you will. But fir the most part of the crowd it will hurt your feelings and not support your agenda.

1) Tony made Jason, a The cowboys are what they are because Jason Garrett is not a good coach. He is an 8-8 a coach and worse if he doesn't have Tony Romo. He's the manager in the board room because he's friends with the owner. Everyone laughs because they know he has no skills

2) Rod Marinelli is old and the game has passed him by. I've been telling you guys for years that we should be better with the talent that we have. He's a good defensive line coach and that is all. When players are coached, they get better, not worse.

3) Linehan was horrible in Detroit and got fired. Why would he be better here. I've never seen someone move away from what works as much as he does.

4) Lee hurts us more than he helps us. He's soft as butter. Like I've said in the past. Do you want to go into a war with somebody knowing that your brother does not have your back and might bow out at any time. Somebody you know will not be there when the going gets tough

5) It's a sign of pathetic leadership and coaching that you can't have a team physically ready to play eight weeks into the season. There are 14-year-old girl soccer teams who are in better shape than our team. If you are sucking air before half time regardless of the reason, the coaching staff has not done their job in preparing you. It's embarrassing and the main reason we lost. You were supposed to be professionals, and that does not mean being as in shape as a high school player.

THIS!:clap:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know you're playing the eagles 2 times a year, you know they're going to run you into the ground with the hurry up. Your players are gassed by the second quarter, that alone gets coaches fired in my book. Just being in top condition, adds a dimension to your team that is unmeasurable. It's like having a extra man out there. Ohhh, I'm just fried this morning.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
IMO Garrett would be a better off as a GM. He has an eye for talent and can motivate people.

What eye for talent does JG have? He wanted Felix Jones instead of Chris Johnson. He has had Brad Johnson and Weeden as our backup QBs. He flirts and giggles with Charlotte during every Draft so how the heck does he have time to pick the talent.

Dodger12

Reaction score
All winning coaches are generally "made" by their quarterbacks.

You think Mike McCarthy is a great head coach? Sean Payton? What has Belichick ever done without Brady?

There's a lot of BS in this post. You act like those coaches had no hand in acquiring those QB's. Most any coach is made, to some extent, by his personnel decisions and how he develops different players, especially the QB. That's not earth shattering. Belichick drafted Brady and Payton acquired Brees. I give Belichick and Payton credit for knowing what to do with these guys when they had them.

erod

Reaction score
There's a lot of BS in this post. You act like those coaches had no hand in acquiring those QB's. Most any coach is made, to some extent, by his personnel decisions and how he develops different players, especially the QB. That's not earth shattering. Belichick drafted Brady and Payton acquired Brees. I give Belichick and Payton credit for knowing what to do with these guys when they had them.

So Garrett didn't win 13 games with Romo last year? He didn't rebuild a young roster around him?

Dallas should have won last night, but the four Super Bowl winning quarterbacks and Matt Ryan were a tall order prior with Weeden and Cassel.

Dodger12

Reaction score
So Garrett didn't win 13 games with Romo last year? He didn't rebuild a young roster around him?
`
Dallas should have won last night, but the four Super Bowl winning quarterbacks and Matt Ryan were a tall order prior with Weeden and Cassel.

You're deflecting again but I'll play. Garrett inherited Romo and having a franchise QB in place when a new HC takes over is really 90% of the game. In any event, I'm not sure of this young roster you're talking about. A talented roster with SB expectations wins one or two of these games, especially when Garrett "rebuilt" this roster, according to you.

But I guess Garrett can go 5 and 3 with Kitna in 2010 and a "lesser" team. How is that even possible by your logic? We beet the Colts that season with a healthy Peyton manning and Reggie Wayne; we beat Eli Manning with a healthy Manningham and Hicks; we almost beat Drew Brees with a healthy Colston and Graham and just lost in the final minutes (even though we had a shot to tie with a long FG). In other words, 2 SB caliber QB's were not too much to overcome in 2010 with an (alleged) inferior team. You know which team I'm talking about......the team that was so devoid of talent that it took "Garrett" 4 years to replace/rebuild the roster of aging "wrong kind of guys" that took him to 5 and 3 with a back-up QB? And now, all of that is impossible even though it was miraculously possible with the inferior team Garrett inherited and needed to rebuild which resulted in multiple 8 and 8 seasons.

coult44

Reaction score
With our talent and a halfway decent coaching staff, we would have a better record than SF, Chicago, TB, Jax, Miami, And maybeeeeee even Tenn. We are right there with the likes of the vaunted Lions.

erod

Reaction score
You're deflecting again but I'll play. Garrett inherited Romo and having a franchise QB in place when a new HC takes over is really 90% of the game. In any event, I'm not sure of this young roster you're talking about. A talented roster with SB expectations wins one or two of these games, especially when Garrett "rebuilt" this roster, according to you.

But I guess Garrett can go 5 and 3 with Kitna in 2010 and a "lesser" team. How is that even possible by your logic? We beet the Colts that season with a healthy Peyton manning and Reggie Wayne; we beat Eli Manning with a healthy Manningham and Hicks; we almost beat Drew Brees with a healthy Colston and Graham and just lost in the final minutes (even though we had a shot to tie with a long FG). In other words, 2 SB caliber QB's were not too much to overcome in 2010 with an (alleged) inferior team. You know which team I'm talking about......the team that was so devoid of talent that it took "Garrett" 4 years to replace/rebuild the roster of aging "wrong kind of guys" that took him to 5 and 3 with a back-up QB? And now, all of that is impossible even though it was miraculously possible with the inferior team Garrett inherited and needed to rebuild which resulted in multiple 8 and 8 seasons.

Wow, this is dumbfoundingly inept.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's really bizarre how some people bristle at criticism of the coaching staff.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok, some of you will. But fir the most part of the crowd it will hurt your feelings and not support your agenda.

1) Tony made Jason, a The cowboys are what they are because Jason Garrett is not a good coach. He is an 8-8 a coach and worse if he doesn't have Tony Romo. He's the manager in the board room because he's friends with the owner. Everyone laughs because they know he has no skills

2) Rod Marinelli is old and the game has passed him by. I've been telling you guys for years that we should be better with the talent that we have. He's a good defensive line coach and that is all. When players are coached, they get better, not worse.

3) Linehan was horrible in Detroit and got fired. Why would he be better here. I've never seen someone move away from what works as much as he does.

4) Lee hurts us more than he helps us. He's soft as butter. Like I've said in the past. Do you want to go into a war with somebody knowing that your brother does not have your back and might bow out at any time. Somebody you know will not be there when the going gets tough

5) It's a sign of pathetic leadership and coaching that you can't have a team physically ready to play eight weeks into the season. There are 14-year-old girl soccer teams who are in better shape than our team. If you are sucking air before half time regardless of the reason, the coaching staff has not done their job in preparing you. It's embarrassing and the main reason we lost. You were supposed to be professionals, and that does not mean being as in shape as a high school player.

Disagree with all of this. Very short sighted shallow take.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
All winning coaches are generally "made" by their quarterbacks.

You think Mike McCarthy is a great head coach? Sean Payton? What has Belichick ever done without Brady?

Belichick went 11-5 without Brady.....never saw a 6 game losing streako

Last edited: