It's very simple, although you won't admit it

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Ok, some of you will. But fir the most part of the crowd it will hurt your feelings and not support your agenda.

1) Tony made Jason, a The cowboys are what they are because Jason Garrett is not a good coach. He is an 8-8 a coach and worse if he doesn't have Tony Romo. He's the manager in the board room because he's friends with the owner. Everyone laughs because they know he has no skills

I don't think you can say that Garrett is not a good coach after last season. We had a very shaky team with a 34 year old QB coming off a bad back injury. We had good positives, but some very bad negatives and we needed a coach that could manage that. Romo had his best season of his career and there were a few game where he clearly wasn't 100% and Garrett played a role in that.

There are generally 2 different ends of the spectrum in types of coaches. One end is very schematic like a Sean Payton. The other end of the spectrum is into the actual techniques and development of players. I think Garrett is on the other end of the spectrum. He's not about schemes very much. He's about developing talent and then creating better overall players from that and beating you. It's very Nick Saban-ish which Garrett was an understudy. Where I give Belichick credit is that he is able to marry those spectrums and utilize advanced schematics with excellent technique and development.

Either way, both can work.

The issue here is that you can be good at one or the other but it all comes down to can you develop a QB. I don't think Garrett has done a good job of developing Romo and Romo paid the price for it. However, Wade Phillips was in charge during most of that time. And we still have a major question if Garrett can develop any QB when Romo retires. He really hasn't had the talent (Dustin Vaughn, Stephen McGee, Brandon Weeden). But, he hasn't shown an inkling of developing that talent either. And you can develop every other position as well as anybody can, but if you don't have the QB...it's all for not.

2) Rod Marinelli is old and the game has passed him by. I've been telling you guys for years that we should be better with the talent that we have. He's a good defensive line coach and that is all. When players are coached, they get better, not worse.

We saw improvement in defensive players last year. Bruce Carter, Rolando McClain, Tyrone Crawford, Barry Church, JJ Wilcox, etc.

This year they have regressed although Claiborne is a much better player and we've had a lot of injuries.

The problem I have with Marinelli is that neither he nor Kiffin were big into finding quality safeties and we have the worst set of 3 safeties in the league. The offense can't protect them anymore either. You can blame Jerome Henderson and I won't argue, but you have 2 former UDFA's (Church and Heath) and a 3rd round talent that only played safety 1 year in college (Wilcox).

3) Linehan was horrible in Detroit and got fired. Why would he be better here. I've never seen someone move away from what works as much as he does.

He got fired because he fell in love with the pass and the shotgun. Now he's fallen in love with the running game. It's about as odd as it gets.

4) Lee hurts us more than he helps us. He's soft as butter. Like I've said in the past. Do you want to go into a war with somebody knowing that your brother does not have your back and might bow out at any time. Somebody you know will not be there when the going gets tough

We need to factor in Lee's worth by assigning the performance of his position as a whole. Lee as a whole, when healthy, is worth the contract. But, Lee part-time and whomever the backup is part-time (and combining their salaries) are well not worth the money.

5) It's a sign of pathetic leadership and coaching that you can't have a team physically ready to play eight weeks into the season. There are 14-year-old girl soccer teams who are in better shape than our team. If you are sucking air before half time regardless of the reason, the coaching staff has not done their job in preparing you. It's embarrassing and the main reason we lost. You were supposed to be professionals, and that does not mean being as in shape as a high school player.

Everybody sucks air against the Eagles, I'm not worried about that.

I'm more worried about Garrett handling the press so well in the first 4 years and now doing a complete turnaround. He needs to protect his players from the press and if he can't, when the press asks him questions he needs to pull the Belichick of 'if we have questions regarding football, I'll answer them. Otherwise, we are focusing on the opponent for next week.'

Him scolding Bryant and Hardy in public is just as inappropriate as Dez having an outburst in the locker room (I'm not going to knock Hardy because I don't think saying 'guns blazing' is a bad thing nor is putting 'innocent until proven guilty' on your Twitter account).

We also need to move on from the Rob Ryan guys (Claiborne, Church, Lee, Carr). And we need to figure out personnel on defense that work with today's game. And if we think that Romo can play another 5-6 years and we pass up on a QB like Goff or Lynch...Jerry deserves losing seasons.

YR