News: ITS: Who Will Pick Up the Slack in Michael Gallup's Absence?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think it's going be one player per se.........remember we trying to replace not just his targets/yards but also Coop. I'm guessing we could see a combination of players ( Zeke, Pollard, Shultz, Tolbert, Washington, Fehoko, Brown) used to see who can step up their game before he returns. That way if we can get at least 2 or 3 playing at a high level, it'll take some attention off Lamb. In other words, used his absence to find/create another stud or two.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Noah Brown has more time with Dak and this scheme then the rest of the guys. So from a logical stand point it should be Noah. But it'll more than likely be a group effort with Brown, Washington, and Tolbert all contributing. The injury to Gallup kind of makes me glad they kept Shultz this year. Can't have too much change over in one off season.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Noah Brown has more time with Dak and this scheme then the rest of the guys. So from a logical stand point it should be Noah. But it'll more than likely be a group effort with Brown, Washington, and Tolbert all contributing. The injury to Gallup kind of makes me glad they kept Shultz this year. Can't have too much change over in one off season.
Not sure if Noah isn't getting targets, or just not getting enough playing time but he just has not been what I thought he would become. He's a big receiver but not sure what his holdup is all about. Hope he progresses a lot this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if Noah isn't getting targets, or just not getting enough playing time but he just has not been what I thought he would become. He's a big receiver but not sure what his holdup is all about. Hope he progresses a lot this year.

The hold up was Garrett / Linehan. As well as some injuries. Last year was just the depth at WR. Hopefully this season they can / will utilize him more.
But will Moore be the same way as well.
Right now he is the 5th WR (4th until Gallup is ready). Heck he may be above Washington at this point, but I am putting Washington ahead of him based on what I seen in Pittsburgh from him.

Vasher and Feheko, one will be WR #6 (#5 & #6 until Gallup is ready). Unless some surprise UDFA steps up. Heck, maybe Vasher and / or Feheko passes Brown in TC. But I need to see it. Right now I doubt it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Hopefully it's the running game that picks up the slack.

Zeke is usually strong the first part of the season so I hope they ride that, along with some strong defense, into some early wins.

But....once our tendencies are on film, Gallup showing up mid season isn't going to change anything if Moore can't adjust.

I truly hope he realizes this and has spent the offseason working on it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Would not mind a veteran free agent pick up for depth purposes.

I'm faithfully trying to convince myself Stephen may keep his promise to delve into the vet FA market after the final cuts.:thumbup:

If he were to sign a couple of them, like a good OT backup and a capable LB backup, it could make a world of difference for us.

Last edited:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I mean....not rocket science? Gallup starts the year on PUP, James Washington will play his outside role, Lamb will be on the field a lot, and the rest will be a combo of Noah Brown, Simi Fehoko and Jalen Tolbert, with some flex from Dalton Schultz and Tony Pollard.

It sucks we don't start the year with all our WRs but it isn't like anyone really goes all year without testing WR depth.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to role the dice and see what you have in the roster. So to me it's playing time. I was actually disappointed when they traded for Cooper in lieu of giving Noah Brown more playing time.

I had no problem with them trying out Conner McGovern last year. But I wish they would have let Zeke miss a couple of regular season games when he was holding out. Tony Pollard and Mike Weber looked good in those preseason games. These coaches have to learn how to give players a chance before they bury them on the dept chart. Because some guys don't look good in practice, but they play well when the lights come on.