News: It's Zeke

Dezzie42

Reaction score
Great player. Terrible pick. He would've been there at 9-10. Could've traded down, gotten another pick or two and still picked him.

Classic Jerry

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Love it. 1500 yards coming up. And our defense just got better. They will be on the field much less

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Great player. Terrible pick. He would've been there at 9-10. Could've traded down, gotten another pick or two and still picked him.

Classic Jerry

We got our guy. Do you know there were good enough offers to give up EE for? Was there an offer at all??? ummmm

lqmac1

Reaction score
Here's why I say this…

I think we can all agree that we are not really a 4-12 team. Romo has a few years left and we are still in win now mode. I think Ramsey was the highest guy on our board, but he wasn't our biggest immediate need. If we were in rebuild mode, Ramsey would have been the no-brainer.

What we needed is exactly who we drafted. We need to create that same trio we had in the early 90s, and the same tree we got a glimpse of two years ago. He makes everybody's job easy, including Romo.

This guy has a nose for touchdowns, and is a short yardage machine. Teams can no longer double Dez, and he's going to open up so many lanes for Romo.

I wanted Ramsey just slightly more, but I'm definitely not disappointed with Zeke!

Sydla

Reaction score
Again do people not realize that the 90s triplets also had an elite defense paired with it?

endersdragon

Reaction score
If he can keep Romo healthy, this team will be near the top of the league this year.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Here's why I say this…

I think we can all agree that we are not really a 4-12 team. Romo has a few years left and we are still in win now mode. I think Ramsey was the highest guy on our board, but he wasn't our biggest immediate need. If we were in rebuild mode, Ramsey would have been the no-brainer.

What we needed is exactly who we drafted. We need to create that same trio we had in the early 90s, and the same tree we got a glimpse of two years ago. He makes everybody's job easy, including Romo.

This guy has a nose for touchdowns, and is a short yardage machine. Teams can no longer double Dez, and he's going to open up so many lanes for Romo.

I wanted Ramsey just slightly more, but I'm definitely not disappointed with Zeke!

Not disappointed, not thrilled. It's a B pick.

Craig

Reaction score
Hopefully they continue the trend they started and fill other important needs tomorrow. Like guard and kicker. Always room to improve.

Dezzie42

Reaction score
Speculation is fun. They wanted him, they got him. No need to gamble and take chances.

When was the last time a top 5 RB was a good pick? I'm worried about longevity. RBs these days are a dime a dozen and with the wear and tear they don't last long.

Obviously Zeke is an incredible talent, but taking ANY RB at 4 just isn't smart. I hope I'm wrong, but Ramsey should've been the pick.