Ive seen enough that Rush is the captain now

jrumann59

Reaction score
In all seriousness, what separates Rush from Dak is that he's decisive. Dak spazzes out and often takes inopportune sacks holding the ball too long. Rush gets the ball out.
Rush knows he is limited athletically not really mobile, Dak is mobile but he never uses it as much as he thinks and it gets him in trouble. Also his on the run throwing motion has gotten worse his passes take their time getting there.

Mark

Reaction score
Laughable to read posts talking-up Dak's "arm." Sadly, Dak can't hit the broad side of a barn with a football. Never could. No way the Cowboys win this game with Prescott at the helm; he'd have thrown three picks today. A failed experiment...and the sooner it's abandoned, the better.

zeke21

Reaction score
Media always talking about the 5-7 record we have without Dak.. like we had some decent back up options in here over those years. Dak never had to compete with a competent back up. Even despite that.. since 2016 we have had an overall winning % of 58 with Dak.. after the latest win it puts us at 46% without Dak.

We paid a dude 40M a season to improve our winning % by 14 or about 1 extra win per season. SO bad. Just so bad.

And that is versus some of the worst back up QBs in the league..

I know it is easy to have the cowboy coloured glasses on.. but we have had some seriously good players over those years and had assembled a good squad. To not even have a conference championship shot over that period.. just madness.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the fat lady has sung. time to move on from dak garrett. sheesh getting rid of this turd can't get here soon enough

football has sucked for 17 years now.

10 with turd Garrett
7 with this super turd Dak

Last edited:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The premise of this thread is ridiculous. Rush is not the answer. I was positive towards this game, said we're gonna win. And I loved how he delivered when it counted. But Rush has some serious limits.

The difference between him and Dak is, the team played differently. They had to find different ways and it worked. But of course we will get figured out quickly. Whether its gonna be in the next game already remains to be seen. But the next game is one of those, where the defense can really get us that win. Heck I think we probably won't even need 14 points for a win. And Rush is always good for 14 points.

But is he good enough to win against KC, the Rams, TB? I don't think so. And as I said countless times, we have to win against contenders in the play offs. Anything else is just like getting the girl out for a date but not making it into her bedroom in the end.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
One game for our 1st win of the season for Rush and the Dak Detractors already declare him Dak's replacement? That's quick! :grin:

Surely, it's a step in the right direction to being considered a good backup. There's much more to be proven before he's a starter, folks.

There are several more games to be played before Dak is likely to be rushed back. In the meantime, Rush still has the burden of proof.

Any one of us who might prefer to rush Rush into a starting position likely is in denial of the front office's affection for Dak. Imagine that.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The premise of this thread is ridiculous. Rush is not the answer. I was positive towards this game, said we're gonna win. And I loved how he delivered when it counted. But Rush has some serious limits.

The difference between him and Dak is, the team played differently. They had to find different ways and it worked. But of course we will get figured out quickly. Whether its gonna be in the next game already remains to be seen. But the next game is one of those, where the defense can really get us that win. Heck I think we probably won't even need 14 points for a win. And Rush is always good for 14 points.

But is he good enough to win against KC, the Rams, TB? I don't think so. And as I said countless times, we have to win against contenders in the play offs. Anything else is just like getting the girl out for a date but not making it into her bedroom in the end.
Dak is so bad he makes Rush look good..........

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep let's waste 3 more years on dak, then he can become the complete turd Garrett was.

I'm waiting on the excuses why dak can't win with this team but rush can. wow, hum............................

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

They’re trolling lol…..nobody seriously believes that Rush is better than Dak. They want Dak to be replaced because they still hold a grudge over him taking Romo’s spot or they’re Eagles fans….

willia451

Reaction score
.....we have to win against contenders in the play offs.

Cowboys get tossed out in playoffs in round 1 even when we are expected to be a contender. Been that way for long time now. You would think people would have stopped talking about it by now and just be happy we might win another game.

Yet here we are.

nobody

Reaction score
They’re trolling lol…..nobody seriously believes that Rush is better than Dak. They want Dak to be replaced because they still hold a grudge over him taking Romo’s spot or they’re Eagles fans….

I supported Dak since he started in 2016. I supported going with the hot hand in 2016. I supported Dak all of these years. I wanted to let him walk instead of getting that big contract, but that is because I thought his contract would kill the team as far as putting together a solid line to protect him. But last year after his injury he wasn't the same. That continued through to this year. I think he's done. He's playing scared and didn't fix whatever was mentally bothering him in the off-season.

So yeah I want him gone unless he suddenly fixes what's mentally wrong and comes back playing strong. Rush is not the answer, but I don't believe Dak is anymore either. That ship sailed. He's damaged goods now, like Romo was only in a different way. Time to move on. Dak is paid too much to play like a scared mediocre started like he has in his past few games.

The accusation a few people throw around here saying it's about Romo or are Eagles fans is asinine and disingenuous. Frankly people can have a myriad of reasons and just assuming their reason is dumb.

There might be one or two that is accurate about, but slinging it around accusing anyone against Dak of that isn't right.

khiladi

Reaction score
You boys are going to be so disappointed when Dak is back in week 4 and still tossing ducks all over the field.

Watching Dak go into his typical rut of horrible pocket awareness, bad mechanics and missing wide open WRs is actually, in a way, good times. Great comedy, knowing the Jones boys get what they deserve..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You boys are going to be so disappointed when Dak is back in week 4 and still tossing ducks all over the field.
if rush beats the giants, dak will be fighting to get back in so he doesnt lose the job.
If dak says he is ready jerry will let him start, even with a not healed thumb.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm: nobody got any of those excuses for dak why he can't win with this team but a backup can? you guys run out of excuses.

The Dak sales force has twidled down now to minimal numbers.
You can count them now by the fingers on both hands.
6 years they have been selling fairy tales and the truth has come home for them.
Knock knock the lights are on but no one is home as Dak is almost out the door or the bench!!!!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if rush beats the giants, dak will be fighting to get back in so he doesnt lose the job.
If dak says he is ready jerry will let him start, even with a not healed thumb.
Do you know how desperate a "parasite" gets when they want to survive?
You will have a great example if Coop manages to beat the Giants.
The imposter will be on Red Alert........and this time his buds won't have his back as they did with Dalton.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
It’s gotta be tough. Bledsoe had to watch Romo, Romo watched Dak and now Dak had to watch a 3rd string level Qb move the team better than he did last week.
It has to be incredibly hard. They have to root for their team obviously, but they have to wonder what they could be doing if they were in the game.

I was a big time Romo supporter and make no bones about it. I loved having the gunslinger style where you always felt you were in the game. He never won big so I also understand why people didn't like him. But having someone doing your job while you can't has got to me hard, although the blow is soothed by the paycheck.

I'm sure it was tough for Dak to watch Coop starting off the game so well and then finishing. I do think he was was for Coop and more importantly, the win.