Image: J. Lewis Takeaways & Number of Starts Compared To Our Other CBs

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Sure, but half of those are fumble recoveries. It is Apples and Oranges. Fumble recoveries are right place, right time. He did nothing to cause the turnover.

The better stat would be Int plus Forced Fumbles.

There you get this:

Lewis - 3
Awuzie - 5
Jones - 5
Brown - 7
Woods - 8
Heath - 13

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Richard continues to piss me off. I have an off feeling that once J-Lew is gone due to being a FA (I don't know when his contract expires) and a constant bench warmer, he's going to ball out wherever else he goes. He's going to go on a team with common sense and they're going to play him regardless of height :banghead:.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Lewis was also the guy with the breakdown in the Jets game that allowed the long score, which basically lost the game for us.

You have to look at the whole package, Lewis clearly has the best ball skils among our CBs but that is only part of the picture.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but half of those are fumble recoveries. It is Apples and Oranges. Fumble recoveries are right place, right time. He did nothing to cause the turnover.

There you get this:

Lewis - 3
Awuzie - 5
Jones - 5
Brown - 7
Woods - 8
Heath - 13

Still good for Lewis though, when adjusted for snaps played. Dude is a good football player.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Lewis was also the guy with the breakdown in the Jets game that allowed the long score, which basically lost the game for us.

You have to look at the whole package, Lewis clearly has the best ball skils among our CBs but that is only part of the picture.
Is this confirmed or are you assuming?

aikemirv

Reaction score

There you get this:

Lewis - 3
Awuzie - 5
Jones - 5
Brown - 7
Woods - 8
Heath - 13
Somehow he is always in the right place at the right time.....

aikemirv

Reaction score

Which one are you talking about. The long one that Anderson beat Awuzie and Health on?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Which one are you talking about. The long one that Anderson beat Awuzie and Health on?

I'm wrong, I'm thinking of a different play. I went back to get the link and its a different play, let me find it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

There you get this:

Lewis - 3
Awuzie - 5
Jones - 5
Brown - 7
Woods - 8
Heath - 13
Yea - getting credit for something like the fumble recovery on Monday is silly.

Lewis does have a knack for being around the ball, but I don't really think the OP turnover metric is indicative of much on that front.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

There you get this:

Lewis - 3
Awuzie - 5
Jones - 5
Brown - 7
Woods - 8
Heath - 13

Even with that adjustment it’s still remarkable how close he is given number of starts.

I wouldn’t be quick to discount fumble recoveries. It’s easy to say “right place right time” but the fact is certain players just always seem to be in the right place. They always seem to be around a loose ball. Lewis is one of those guys.