Image: J. Lewis Takeaways & Number of Starts Compared To Our Other CBs

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Sure, but half of those are fumble recoveries. It is Apples and Oranges. Fumble recoveries are right place, right time. He did nothing to cause the turnover.

The better stat would be Int plus Forced Fumbles.

There you get this:

Lewis - 3
Awuzie - 5
Jones - 5
Brown - 7
Woods - 8
Heath - 13
As much as there is some luck to it. This is a bad take. Players on defense are told to hustle to the play because the ball might pop out. He's always around the pile or a tackle which puts him in a right position. Notice he didn't give up on the fumble even though 4 guys were around the ball initially.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how many interceptions Byron have this year?
How many receptions against him?....TDs? There's more to a CB's value than turnovers. When you get a guy who makes plays on the ball, that often means that if they miss, they could leave the receiver with an open field to the end zone.

cern

Reaction score
free willy. play Jourdan. I became convinced last year when he contained Alvin Kamara of the saints an entire game. he just makes plays.

The Natural

Reaction score
How many receptions against him?....TDs? There's more to a CB's value than turnovers. When you get a guy who makes plays on the ball, that often means that if they miss, they could leave the receiver with an open field to the end zone.
You didnt answer the question.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You didnt answer the question.
Because it was a rhetorical question, and rhetorical questions aren't meant to be answered, since the answer is well known. My questions to you, on the other hand, were not rhetorical. You don't need to know the answer...Hell, I don't...but you should understand that the answer puts him near or at the top of the league for his position, and also that TDs scored against a CB are always at least 6 points, whereas interceptions by a CB are far from always 6 points.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Sure, but half of those are fumble recoveries. It is Apples and Oranges. Fumble recoveries are right place, right time. He did nothing to cause the turnover.

The better stat would be Int plus Forced Fumbles.

There you get this:

Lewis - 3
Awuzie - 5
Jones - 5
Brown - 7
Woods - 8
Heath - 13
Bro, this about CBs and The Ball God...don't care about the Ss right now. Let Jourdan have his shine! He scored a defensive TD...let me repeat.. a defensive TD, but you trying to discredit what he does for the team?

#27 making plays like always, just took over a year for the DB Coach to figure out he should play Lewis.

Shame on y'all for getting #24 and #27 mixed up on that deep TD for Robbie Anderson.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Lewis has earned more snaps. Period. IMO— he has taken Brown’s job as the slot corner.

Brown could now push Awuzie for some playing time as Chido has looked mediocre at best this year.

Competition can bring out the best in a team if it is embraced and framed correctly— and the best man truly does get the chance he earns

The Natural

Reaction score
Because it was a rhetorical question, and rhetorical questions aren't meant to be answered, since the answer is well known. My questions to you, on the other hand, were not rhetorical. You don't need to know the answer...Hell, I don't...but you should understand that the answer puts him near or at the top of the league for his position, and also that TDs scored against a CB are always at least 6 points, whereas interceptions by a CB are far from always 6 points.
You still didnt answer the question.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I love how Lewis plays, he is the definition of a playmaker. Cowboy coaches are stubborn when it comes to replacing players for some reason.