J.Manziel in AT&T Stadium

dallasdave

Reaction score
Me too. Seattle build off the foundation they got defensive players and OL player. QB a 3rd rd pick they did not sit there taking WR, Tate was the highest pick with a 2nd again they built off a foundation where games are won an loss not on some fricken WR when Dallas already has a top WR, that is just stupid

No what is stupid is to take a player who is just average to fill a need and not build a championship team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ok, I got ya. It's of your opinion that Manziel is not a franchise level QB. I personally think he is going to be and that is why I say he would be a solid pick at 16. If you thought he was a franchise level QB, would you take him at 16, if Donald was sitting there?

That is fine I'm not the only one who has doubts about him and there are some who feel as yourself. If I saw a guy who I felt was a consensus franchise type QB then yes likely I would. In other word is there was a guy like an Andrew Luck I would pull the trigger.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No what is stupid is to take a player who is just average to fill a need and not build a championship team.

Who said anything about taking avg players? Evans is not the only player going in rd 1 what I am saying is looking at SF and Seattle they did not do it by going out getting skill player after skill player they went out and built a damn line that would allow their teams the ability to use weapons the ability to run the ball to pass the ball the ability to stop the other team with solid defense.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Who said anything about taking avg players? Evans is not the only player going in rd 1 what I am saying is looking at SF and Seattle they did not do it by going out getting skill player after skill player they went out and built a damn line that would allow their teams the ability to use weapons the ability to run the ball to pass the ball the ability to stop the other team with solid defense.

The whole point is to take a difference maker in the 1st round. Draft the player not the position. Seattle defense has a lot of low round picks on it, they did a good job scouting players and my hats off to them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The whole point is to take a difference maker in the 1st round. Draft the player not the position. Seattle defense has a lot of low round picks on it, they did a good job scouting players and my hats off to them.

Yes but difference makers are not just the skill position players and do not mean a damn thing if you’re not getting the protection up front it does not mean much if you can't stop teams. There will be some very talented player at 16 outside of Evans that actually would benefit this team. I watched Det take your rout did not pay off that much for them because the areas that needed to be strengthen were not

dallasdave

Reaction score
Yes but difference makers are not just the skill position players and do not mean a damn thing if you’re not getting the protection up front it does not mean much if you can't stop teams. There will be some very talented player at 16 outside of Evans that actually would benefit this team. I watched Det take your rout did not pay off that much for them because the areas that needed to be strengthen were not

I never said that difference makers were only skill positions, Randy White was a difference maker so was Bob Lilly. You are the one caught up in what position, I said best player, you are obsessed with defense . I want the Cowboys to pick the best player and one that help them win Super Bowls in the future. YOU DO LIKE WINNING SUPER BOWLS DON'T YOU/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
20503032_BG1.jpg

A word of advice.
When I'm off the board, don't hate me. Hate the game.
And Jerry.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
That is fine I'm not the only one who has doubts about him and there are some who feel as yourself. If I saw a guy who I felt was a consensus franchise type QB then yes likely I would. In other word is there was a guy like an Andrew Luck I would pull the trigger.

Did the retirement of Aikman not teach anyone anything at all? It is very, vey hard to replace good/great QBs. Waiting until you absolutely HAVE to have one is a recipe for disaster. Even with a high pick, you are not guaranteed to find one ( Andrew Lucks don't come around often ). You have got to start looking for one BEFORE it is a MUST or unless you get very lucky you become the Browns or Jacksonville, etc. always looking for but not getting a good one and becoming a bad team for a long while.

If we DID draft JF at 16 and if he didn't impress anyone sitting behind Romo for a couple years and flamed out when he DID have that chance ( when Romo is gone ), then we would not have to wait very long before we could start over with another QB ( instead of waiting until Romo is gone then giving a QB 3 or so years to try and pan out before trying again ). We'd probably save a good 2 seasons that way.

I still think the point will be moot and JF will be gone at 16 ( and I'd still prefer Donald even over JF ) but I don't think it would be smart for the organization to pass on JF ( or another QB ) as long as THEY think he has a good chance to become a franchise QB. It's not like Romo is a young healthy player anymore.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Romo can't do it by himself , he needs good WRs, good RB's , good TE's, and a Real Good OL to keep him alive and throwing.

jnday

Reaction score
Romo can't do it by himself , he needs good WRs, good RB's , good TE's, and a Real Good OL to keep him alive and throwing.

Correct. There is no way that to fill the holes on this team in time for Romo to lead them to the playoffs. There are too many. I don't know if his declining play is due to his injuries or not, but his arm is shot. The deep passing plays can be taken out if the playbook because Romo's arm can't throw the passes. That is only the first step in his decline.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Did the retirement of Aikman not teach anyone anything at all? It is very, vey hard to replace good/great QBs. Waiting until you absolutely HAVE to have one is a recipe for disaster. Even with a high pick, you are not guaranteed to find one ( Andrew Lucks don't come around often ). You have got to start looking for one BEFORE it is a MUST or unless you get very lucky you become the Browns or Jacksonville, etc. always looking for but not getting a good one and becoming a bad team for a long while.

If we DID draft JF at 16 and if he didn't impress anyone sitting behind Romo for a couple years and flamed out when he DID have that chance ( when Romo is gone ), then we would not have to wait very long before we could start over with another QB ( instead of waiting until Romo is gone then giving a QB 3 or so years to try and pan out before trying again ). We'd probably save a good 2 seasons that way.

I still think the point will be moot and JF will be gone at 16 ( and I'd still prefer Donald even over JF ) but I don't think it would be smart for the organization to pass on JF ( or another QB ) as long as THEY think he has a good chance to become a franchise QB. It's not like Romo is a young healthy player anymore.

Yes it did, did reaching for Qunicy Carter teach you anything? Dallas may end up with Johnny Football I may not like the pick because I don't think he is going to be that good and would hate to see a 1st rd bust in a critical draft. Now if your feeling is Johnny Football is going to be great then I can understand you feeling. As mentioned I would take Murray because in the end I think he will be a better Pro QB than Johnny football. I understand the importance of the position and I understand Romo is not getting any younger and getting a QB who can sit a couple of years is worth it but again it comes back to selecting a QB whom you feel can do the job. I'm not buying the hype of JF

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
As the process draws closer I'm starting to like Manziel's play more. If he is in the right situation I think he becomes a franchise guy. Starting to remind me of Newton in that a huge percentage of people wrote him off as a surefire bust before he took a snap. If Manziel has the fire, and I surely believe he does, he can become a good one. Aaron Murray is still my #1 QB in this draft.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I still think Romo has at least 3 good years left.

I'd rather him have 0 good years left and this team start rebuilding right now. We are nowhere close to being a Super Bowl-contending team, and won't be in the next 3 years, either. Our D alone will guarantee that. Romo's talents will essentially be good enough to ensure us a .500 record or something close to it, as it has the past 3 seasons. A real GM would realize to cut bait and start rebuilding now.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
As the process draws closer I'm starting to like Manziel's play more. If he is in the right situation I think he becomes a franchise guy. Starting to remind me of Newton in that a huge percentage of people wrote him off as a surefire bust before he took a snap. If Manziel has the fire, and I surely believe he does, he can become a good one. Aaron Murray is still my #1 QB in this draft.

Teams are starting to fall in love with Murray again. Rams, Dolphins, Vikings, and Cowboys all showing significant interest. Wouldn't be surprised to see him goo late in the 2nd or early 3rd.