J.Manziel in AT&T Stadium

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Manziel is probably atop many draft boards. If he falls to 16, he'll be a Dallas Cowboy. You can book that.

Love the kid, but hope we don't take him. Would rather have Aaron Murray later as a potential Romo successor.

I agree with you. If he's there, the marketability and public attention is too much for Jerry to ignore.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
2 topics that seem to get under my skin. Tony's weight and Manziel as Dallas QB.

Cant. Wait. Till. Its. Over.

Tony did not take great care of his body. His body is breaking down. Those are facts. He has been a great player for us and received a ton of unfair criticism but people expecting a guy with a contract of that magnitude to be well conditioned is not one of them.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
This team is not going to win now, so I see no problem with drafting the QB if the future. A couple DL rookies are not gonna come in and make much difference in the first year. If a top QB drops , they had better draft him. In s couple of years, they will need him. IMO the coming draft is not gonna solve the defensive problems . It will take two or three drafts to do that.

I totally agree. If Jerry & company truly believe JF can become a franchise QB and he falls to them at #16, they would be fools NOT to draft him. While a first round defensive player would be great, he would NOT get us anywhere near a Superbowl anytime soon anyway. JF might if he becomes what I think he'll become ( a top 5 QB ) in a few years.

Sure JF might flop, but that is a risk inherent for ALL QBs drafted anyway. Better odds than drafting one in late rounds. And there is no guarantee if we wait until Romo is completely shot ( like we did with Aikman ) and we get a high draft pick the following year, that there will be as good a QB as JF in that particular draft. Knowing our luck lately, it would be the all time historically weakest QB draft ever.

Point is moot if Manziel is gone by our pick anyway ( which I think he will be ). I'm still hoping for Donald myself, but if the choice is JF, I would still be excited.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
Jones would be screaming to the world that he doesn't care about winning, he only cares about publicity, marketing and money if manziel was taken @ #16, or God forbid, if they gave up resources to move up for Manziel...the FO has made good moves this off season in regards to the future of the team...picking this player up trumps all of that and denigrates the team's ability to be a winner in the future
If the scouts view him as a fran
I we could get Manzeil and he was agreeable to sit and learn like Aaron Rodgers did for 2-3 years I'd be all for it.[/quoFrance
He probably won't sit much. Tony's back has me terrified. His extension was a nightmare for the immediate future of this team. We need to move past it asap

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Ware and Hatchers release was a sign of rebuilding the defense. I don't think Dallas is looking to gut the offense outside of Austin.

Who knows.. I think they are smart enough to realize Romo won't be around much longer. Even Aikman said the back issues are what ended his career and once they start it could be the beginning of the end. Romo could go down at any time and then what do you have on offense? If you realize your team is a few years out from truly having a chance to go anywhere, then there is no major hurry to rebuild the defense necessarily, your focus is just on rebuilding the whole team. If you have a chance to grab a franchise level QB without giving up too much, you go for it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Who knows.. I think they are smart enough to realize Romo won't be around much longer. Even Aikman said the back issues are what ended his career and once they start it could be the beginning of the end. Romo could go down at any time and then what do you have on offense? If you realize your team is a few years out from truly having a chance to go anywhere, then there is no major hurry to rebuild the defense necessarily, your focus is just on rebuilding the whole team. If you have a chance to grab a franchise level QB without giving up too much, you go for it.

any QB could go down and I don't know if Dallas thinks they are years away from competing, I know that is the mindset of some fans but not nessisarily shared by the Cowboys. I'm not opposed to getting a QB but frankly I don't care much for the crop that is projected to go in rd 1. I would rather take a guy like Arron Murray mid rds than to invest in bridgwater or Johnny Football. In my view while they are getting the hype they are not clear cut top QB prospect like Andrew Luck was.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Very well said, stay thirsty my friend.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
any QB could go down and I don't know if Dallas thinks they are years away from competing, I know that is the mindset of some fans but not nessisarily shared by the Cowboys. I'm not opposed to getting a QB but frankly I don't care much for the crop that is projected to go in rd 1. I would rather take a guy like Arron Murray mid rds than to invest in bridgwater or Johnny Football. In my view while they are getting the hype they are not clear cut top QB prospect like Andrew Luck was.

Yeah, well Andrew Luck is a once in a decade or decades QB. Yes, any QB can go down but Romo is 34 years old and has had back problems, so it is more likely he could go down. If the front office really believes we have a chance at going to the super bowl, they are extremely delusional, as are any fans who believe that. The truth is, we need to drastically improve all over the place with this team. That includes the offense, the defensive line, the secondary, etc.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, well Andrew Luck is a once in a decade or decades QB. Yes, any QB can go down but Romo is 34 years old and has had back problems, so it is more likely he could go down. If the front office really believes we have a chance at going to the super bowl, they are extremely delusional, as are any fans who believe that. The truth is, we need to drastically improve all over the place with this team. That includes the offense, the defensive line, the secondary, etc.

I think OL does need help I don't think there is anything wrong WR, RB or TE and no I don't think there is anything wrong with Romo. Manning is older than him coming off neck surgery and Denver went out and got him. Look I know for you anything to get Romo out is what you want but offense OL I think could use more but in terms of weapons, Dallas has them. Defense on the other hand is in bad shape and it is an area Dallas has to address. Again in terms of Frnachise QB in the draft I don't think there are any in the 1st rd that is that damn good. I would just as soon take a chance with Murray than over hype QB that do not impress outside of some A&M fans and a few others around here.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Right, if you get a player to help the team in the long run, you do it. That means QB, WR, or RB. Does not have to be defense.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I think OL does need help I don't think there is anything wrong WR, RB or TE and no I don't think there is anything wrong with Romo. Manning is older than him coming off neck surgery and Denver went out and got him. Look I know for you anything to get Romo out is what you want but offense OL I think could use more but in terms of weapons, Dallas has them. Defense on the other hand is in bad shape and it is an area Dallas has to address. Again in terms of Frnachise QB in the draft I don't think there are any in the 1st rd that is that damn good. I would just as soon take a chance with Murray than over hype QB that do not impress outside of some A&M fans and a few others around here.

You don't think there is anything w
Great lets get another TE. lol

No that's get MIKE EVANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fredd

Reaction score
it humors me when people talk about tony and his back issues and that he doesn't take care of himself....and yet, many of those same people want to bring in Manziel to take us to the superbowl? you know that he likes to move around and stay out of the poicket, right? you know that he will/may sustain injury as a result, right? you want to invest a #1 pick on a guy that when he actually gets in a game could go out quickly? too risky for me....

ufcrules1

Reaction score

You see, this is the problem with you, you are so obsessed with Romo you can't even think straight and you always have to make the topic about him.

I'm looking at this situation without emotions involved. I realize we have holes all over the place and if we have the opportunity to grab a franchise level QB who falls to us at 16 we should take him. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees. Romo isn't going to last forever, he is at the end of his career now. We have to think to the future.

Say we get a solid guy on the defensive line, is that going to help us go to the super bowl this year? No? Then we are not forced to go defensive line then.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Plenty of holes to fill, does not have to be DL. I told doomsday I hope we pick MIKE EVANS:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You don't think there is anything w

No that's get MIKE EVANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not looking for shiny toys, Evans is good Dallas has very good WR we do not have the foundation to build on. You can take Matt Millen solution I don't agree with it. Top teams did not load up at WR they loaded up where is counts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You see, this is the problem with you, you are so obsessed with Romo you can't even think straight and you always have to make the topic about him.

I'm looking at this situation without emotions involved. I realize we have holes all over the place and if we have the opportunity to grab a franchise level QB who falls to us at 16 we should take him. Franchise QB's don't grow on trees. Romo isn't going to last forever, he is at the end of his career now. We have to think to the future.

Say we get a solid guy on the defensive line, is that going to help us go to the super bowl this year? No? Then we are not forced to go defensive line then.

No I do like Romo and also willing to take a QB just not impressed with QB that are likely to go in rd 1 so why would I want to take a QB in rd 1 that I don't care for? How the hell does that make any sense. Using the word franchise does not make Manziel or Bridgewater a franchise QB is just means people bought the hype and will waste a 1st rd pick on them.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Not looking for shiny toys, Evans is good Dallas has very good WR we do not have the foundation to build on. You can take Matt Millen solution I don't agree with it. Top teams did not load up at WR they loaded up where is counts.

I'm NOT looking for shiny toys either, I'm hoping for players who can build a Super Bowl championship team for the future. That means players that make big plays and win games. I'm not taking the Matt Millen solution, I want the Super Bowl winning solution. YOU DO LIKE WINNING SUPER BOWLS DON'T YOU ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
No I do like Romo and also willing to take a QB just not impressed with QB that are likely to go in rd 1 so why would I want to take a QB in rd 1 that I don't care for? How the hell does that make any sense. Using the word franchise does not make Manziel or Bridgewater a franchise QB is just means people bought the hype and will waste a 1st rd pick on them.

Ok, I got ya. It's of your opinion that Manziel is not a franchise level QB. I personally think he is going to be and that is why I say he would be a solid pick at 16. If you thought he was a franchise level QB, would you take him at 16, if Donald was sitting there?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm NOT looking for shiny toys either, I'm hoping for players who can build a Super Bowl championship team for the future. That means players that make big plays and win games. I'm not taking the Matt Millen solution, I want the Super Bowl winning solution. YOU DO LIKE WINNING SUPER BOWLS DON'T YOU ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too. Seattle build off the foundation they got defensive players and OL player. QB a 3rd rd pick they did not sit there taking WR, Tate was the highest pick with a 2nd again they built off a foundation where games are won an loss not on some fricken WR when Dallas already has a top WR, that is just stupid