Jabril Cox could have contributed

Starstruck22

Reaction score
My gosh I would take Gifford over LVE at this point.
Or even another safety. Look how well Wilson is playing. They take LVE out on third downs because he cant cover and he cant play the run. So why is he in there? It is my belief that the love will be there until the bitter end. Which may be after the next consecutive three losses. We can only hope.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Held accountable.... What??? As a fan, I would have liked to see Jabril Cox play linebacker, even for a little bit. Exactly what crime is that...? Relax!
Cox looked dominant in preseason. And knocked Jones senseless at the goal line last year. What are we missing???

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Quinn is not infallible. Just ask the folks in the Atlanta. For some reason this team has habit of not letting back-ups challenge starters for playing time. Look no further than Donovan Wilson. The dude is the most physical player on our defense but it took an injury to get him on the field. He's been here since 2019.
Exactly Wilson is incredible and I would play him and Kearse in place of LVE if Cox is not it. LVE is out on third downs because he cannot play the pass and he cannot play the run. The size of these players is irrelevant, it is their heart and instincts of which LVE has none. He is too busy protecting his neck. Both white and David are smaller linebackers and pro bowl players.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
In his position he is in on every play close the line. Run plays and such. You need to go back and watch film before you or anyone can say he is slow to the play. I was watching and seeing plays happen and wondering could someone else do it better. How is he diagnosing and reacting to plays.. We shall see..,.
In on every play close to the line? When Nick Martin is not blowing him out? And when you say in on the play, he is at the back end of the play already stopped by 2-3 defenders at the line. It wasn’t LVE that stopped it. Was he the linebacker stopping the play vs being in on it? Therein lies the problem. It is obvious he is protecting his neck and he avoids direct, low hits on running backs and lets others do this. He even tackled Parsons tackling the running back. Was he in on that one? I guess so. He was in on it. Great!!!!!!

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I just don’t understand the urgency from some to make sure cox plays right now….he is the future hopefully but the defense has been playing very good and lve has been lining them up. Cox will get his time sooner than later
Will 3-4 be urgency enough? Because that is what we may see.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Quinn is not infallible. Just ask the folks in the Atlanta. For some reason this team has habit of not letting back-ups challenge starters for playing time. Look no further than Donovan Wilson. The dude is the most physical player on our defense but it took an injury to get him on the field. He's been here since 2019.
Exactly! 100% correct.

This coaching staff clearly favors and protects veteran players. It doesn't give the younger players a chance to truly compete for playing time unless there is an injury.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Yeah, but they don't get to coach with the same 20/20 hindsight that we can use to form opinions. I like Quinn and I have no idea what goes in practice. I just remember Jabril at LSU and I know he's better than LVE when healthy. ...... LVE is struggling against the run and I don't see how the Dallas coaching staff can't see it. Why not try someone else for a quarter ? Thats not football insider stuff but just common sense.
Many on here are blind to this so I guess coaches are too. The blindness may change at 3-4. Just maybe. LVE sucks and it isnt even close. We will be exposed and then maybe Q will scratch his head and say we need a change. The running game defensive stats (5.4 yrds/carry) are ugly right now with 3 wins and these are not good offensive lines or teams per se. We are not beating Rams or Philly or GB with LVE in there. Not happening.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Cox is essentially still a rookie. And he's coming off a very serious injury. His time will come.

LittleD

Reaction score
I wish they would have put Jabril Cox in on the last drive, when it was clearly a pass, pass, pass situation. He needs to see the field more.
LVE has a role, and it is certainly good to rest him during garbage time. However, put in #14!!!

Jabril appears to be a bust in the coaches eyes.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
I wish they would have put Jabril Cox in on the last drive, when it was clearly a pass, pass, pass situation. He needs to see the field more.
LVE has a role, and it is certainly good to rest him during garbage time. However, put in #14!!!
When Cox snd Clarke can play we will be upgraded

CoachD

Reaction score
LVE does a good job running the defense but the guy does not make plays and always gets run over. I keyed on him a few times yesterday and all I have to say is it's a good thing the Cowboys have really good D-lineman that can stuff the run because he was getting mauled on some run plays.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he's basically past-his-prime Sean Lee
Sounds about right, but he still has a role to play, if Quinn is still starting him. He's on the last year of his contract...if he wasn't doing what he is being asked to do, he wouldn't be in there.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Let Cox see some real action once in a while. It'll just help him develop. Especially since we can't control injuries.

Creeper

Reaction score
Because he played it for a few snaps last year before he was hurt apparently. He knocked jones out at the goal line.. Then a injury.

That play showed how Cox can react to a play and get outside using his quickness and speed. I know he is not a MLB but LVE is slow reacting and slow running, a bad combination. Cox showed the ability to see the play and get to the ball in a hurry.

btw, wasn't Parson's supposed to be a MLB? To get him involved in the pass rush all the time now they moved him up almost like a DE. That puts a lot of pressure on LVE and he is just not quick enough for what they are asking him to do.

I also think Barr has lost a step too and has some similar problems to LVE.

If you want to know what is wrong with the run defense, just look at who the RBs are running past when they head down field.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That play showed how Cox can react to a play and get outside using his quickness and speed. I know he is not a MLB but LVE is slow reacting and slow running, a bad combination. Cox showed the ability to see the play and get to the ball in a hurry.

btw, wasn't Parson's supposed to be a MLB? To get him involved in the pass rush all the time now they moved him up almost like a DE. That puts a lot of pressure on LVE and he is just not quick enough for what they are asking him to do.

I also think Barr has lost a step too and has some similar problems to LVE.

If you want to know what is wrong with the run defense, just look at who the RBs are running past when they head down field.
They are running over the edge. And down the sidelines.

rambo2

Reaction score
Cox and Clark give them outstanding depth going forward. They also have Kearse coming back as well.