Jackson Powers-Johnson C

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Oh yeah. He looks like the real deal. Aside from everything else involved with playing center, he looks like could handle any NT one on one.
This is exactly what we need!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I looked up his "counting stats". JPJ was billed with one pressure allowed all of last season.

Huge
Fast
Strong
Unanimous All-American

He's just a stud.

Positional value is the only thing holding him back. Linderbaum was the best center prospect we had seen in a while, with a whistle-clean scouting report, and he went late 1st. Creed Humphrey wasn't quite on that level, but he had a bunch of all-conference honors and a wild Combine, and he went mid 2nd.

We'll see how he works out, but I'd expect JPJ to end up in the 20-35 range like Linderbaum when things are all said and done.

Carson

Reaction score
I looked up his "counting stats". JPJ was billed with one pressure allowed all of last season.

Huge
Fast
Strong
Unanimous All-American

He's just a stud.

Positional value is the only thing holding him back. Linderbaum was the best center prospect we had seen in a while, with a whistle-clean scouting report, and he went late 1st. Creed Humphrey wasn't quite on that level, but he had a bunch of all-conference honors and a wild Combine, and he went mid 2nd.

We'll see how he works out, but I'd expect JPJ to end up in the 20-35 range like Linderbaum when things are all said and done.
Splitting hairs here. I read it was 4 hurries

Either way he is the guy I want

Gambit

Reaction score

Huge
Fast
Strong
Unanimous All-American

He's just a stud.

Tomlin was chatting him up on sidelines
Really don't think he makes it 24.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This just saddens me. He may not make it past 18.

Time to go back to Barton tape lol
I’m not sure there is a dropoff with Barton.

He’s got + movement skills and a nasty mean streak so he’s fun too…just not a lot of recent C tape.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Awesome

Hell be gone before they even turn cameras on In war room
We've a long way to go before finding out, but there's a good chance Jackson Powers-Johnson will be on the board at pick # 24 come late April.

It's a talent heavy first round this year. The QBs will go early, the OT and WR classes are deep.

And Center isn't a first round sexy position.

Add to that Jackson Powers-Johnson being a one year starter and some teams will be willing to wait until round 2 to select a pivot, IMO.

Of course, Dallas needs to be prepared for anything.

What teams above them might want a center? Are there any threats behind them who might try to trade above the Cowboys to get their guy? What's the board look like? Any surprises you didn't expect to still be available?

If C is a preferred target, can it wait until day two or three? Was it addressed in some form during free agency?

Bobby Belt said the other day on the Draft Show he's heard the Team is prepared to turn to Brock Hoffman this Summer if their board got wiped out at center this year.

That's not the plan.

But, if unable to add a talented rookie or veteran free agent, Hoffman would be given the chance to start.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I really am liking him to us. I feel like we were linked to guys like Jurgens, Humphrey and Linderbaum.

Hes super raw and can play center, guard and DT. Built like a dump truck. Imagine running behind JPJ and Tyler Smith. Choo choo!
Humphrey?

rambo2

Reaction score
Liked this kid prior to these practices.
He is just making me like him more with his showing.

Problem is he might be playing his way out of our range.
It should be close. It could go something like this.
5 qbs
4 ot
4 wr
1 te
4 cb
2 dt
4 edge
I think either JPJ or Barton or both of them could get to us.

Gambit

Reaction score
There are some later round dudes who can come in and help. It's possible they run with Hoffman at C then pick up a Beaux Limmer or Charles Turner in later rounds.

I'd prefer JPJ or Barton, but we'd be okay with Hoff I think. He's got some nasty to him, same as Bass.

Gambit

Reaction score
It should be close. It could go something like this.
5 qbs
4 ot
4 wr
1 te
4 cb
2 dt
4 edge
I think either JPJ or Barton or both of them could get to us.
Coincidentally that TE might slip

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
He is a center, so odds are good he will be on the board at 24.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There are some later round dudes who can come in and help. It's possible they run with Hoffman at C then pick up a Beaux Limmer or Charles Turner in later rounds.

I'd prefer JPJ or Barton, but we'd be okay with Hoff I think. He's got some nasty to him, same as Bass.
Agree. JPJ, Barton and Frazier are nice early round targets but don’t force it.

buddieluver

Reaction score
They are saying he has handled everything thrown at him with ease, including Hall from Ohio State.