Jacoby Ford in Round 3?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I was looking at Jacoby Ford and I was curious on what the other Zoners thought about him if he were available in the third round? I had been reading that he will most likely sneak up into that round if he runs well at the combine.

I haven't been able to keep up with much college stuff this year due to my kids, committments, etc, so I am a little out of the loop with the players.

The Realist

Reaction score
Interesting player.

I don't think he got to show everything he has at Clemson for 2 reasons.

1) Poor QB play.

2) CJ Spiller was pretty much a Reggie Bush clown in college and stole the show. Ford didn't get to show all he had in return game because Spiller was so good at it.

Gaede

Reaction score
I think he'll go higher than the 3rd. Players with rare speed usually go alot higher than you think they will.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Al Davis will draft him in the first round...well maybe second round, He might take Mcluster in the first.

SPEED BABY SPEED

:p:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He reminds me a little of Donnie Avery.

Mayock noted he wasnt quite as fast on the field as his credentials would indicate he should be.

Hes got return ability so he should be on our list. Only problem is hell run a 4.2 at the combine and shoot up the boards

reddyuta

Reaction score
i have always felt that Romo can use a player like desean jackson who can get off the line quickly and can really fly.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
The Realist;3267135 said:
Interesting player.

I don't think he got to show everything he has at Clemson for 2 reasons.

1) Poor QB play.
Clemson didn't have All American QBs but they were servicable. It was more the fact that he was injury prone his first three seasons and that Clemson had an absolute moron for an Offensive Coordinator (Rob Spence) his first three seasons. Not really the QBs.

2) CJ Spiller was pretty much a Reggie Bush clone in college and stole the show.
Only for their senior seasons. Before that C.J. wasn't used nearly as much as he should have been. Again I reference the OC. The man had NO CLUE. In 2006, Clemson played Kentucky in their bowl game. That season Kentucky was the worst team in D1A against the run. Clemson's duo of James Davis (1187 yards, 17 TDs, 5.8 ypc) and C.J. Spiller (938 yards, 10 TDs, 7.3 ypc) were given the ball a combined 13 times in the game.

Ford didn't get to show all he had in return game because Spiller was so good at it.
No, Ford returned alot his senior season. Had several long returns. The difference is that C.J. took 5 to the house while Ford only took one all the way in 09. He had several other return TDs his first three years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;3267376 said:
In 2006, Clemson played Kentucky in their bowl game. That season Kentucky was the worst team in D1A against the run. Clemson's duo of James Davis (1187 yards, 17 TDs, 5.8 ypc) and C.J. Spiller (938 yards, 10 TDs, 7.3 ypc) were given the ball a combined 13 times in the game.
Sounds eerily familiar to a Cowboy game or two.:eek:

Reaction score
when he breaks a combine record and runs a 4.1 he wont be there in the 3rd, possible late 1st early 2nd.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3267554 said:
when he breaks a combine record and runs a 4.1 he wont be there in the 3rd, possible late 1st early 2nd.

If he runs a 4.1 he should consider the Justice League or the Avengers, not football.

DFWJC

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3267554 said:
No chance:rolleyes:

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
I'd be pretty happy if got him but... He's not gonna make it to the third. Like some others, I'm expecting a big combine performance... Hopefully he has a bad showing and we can steal him...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If he is the real deal, I don't care where the Cowboys draft him, just draft him.

Montana was a 3rd rd pick. Brady was a 6th rd pick.

Can he play in the NFL?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Gaede;3267189 said:
I think he'll go higher than the 3rd. Players with rare speed usually go alot higher than you think they will.

I agree. But he'd be a steal in the bottom of the third.