Jags after Bentley as well

burmafrd

Reaction score
Supposedly. It seems like quite a few teams are interested. Pretty much makes sure that we won't get him, even if we were after him. Looks like we will be stuck with johnson at center again this coming season. Unless we draft someone like Mangold- but doubt it. Even so, a rookie at center is not a comfort. Oh, well.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wow? Lots of teams after Bentley. Now there is a shocker.

DBoys

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Supposedly. It seems like quite a few teams are interested. Pretty much makes sure that we won't get him, even if we were after him. Looks like we will be stuck with johnson at center again this coming season. Unless we draft someone like Mangold- but doubt it. Even so, a rookie at center is not a comfort. Oh, well.

Saints are franchising him anyway

TheHustler

Reaction score
We don't necessarily need Bentley, I imagine there are other FA centers out there that would be an upgrade over Johnson.....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
We don't necessarily need Bentley, I imagine there are other FA centers out there that would be an upgrade over Johnson.....

or maybe we aren't targeting a center at all

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I don't think we are.

welcome to the minority.

I think that if we are unhappy with Johnson that we will got with a vet like Mawae and a late round pick. I'm not sure we are unhappy with him though.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
welcome to the minority.

I think that if we are unhappy with Johnson that we will got with a vet like Mawae and a late round pick. I'm not sure we are unhappy with him though.

I'm not sure we're unhappy with him either. Truthfully he's only played two full seasons after having a major injury problem. From what I've seen Johnson has the tools to be a decent center. He needs to polish his technique.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Wow? Lots of teams after Bentley. Now there is a shocker.

:laugh2:

Like he was some hidden gem we unearthed for our very own.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
abersonc said:
or maybe we aren't targeting a center at all

Don't be daft.

It has been said that Johnson is the worst player ever on this board. Clay Shiver reincarnate.

Get with the program. :cool:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I'm not sure we're unhappy with him either. Truthfully he's only played two full seasons after having a major injury problem. From what I've seen Johnson has the tools to be a decent center. He needs to polish his technique.

I think he needs to polish off more pizza and devote a bit more time to building muscle as well. If he can put on 10 pounds that will balance out technique problems a little.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Don't be daft.

It has been said that Johnson is the worst player ever on this board. Clay Shiver reincarnate.

Get with the program. :cool:

I know.

My problem is that I actually watch the games though.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The kid is 6-5 ! He has room to add weight , and I'm a little surprised the Dallas trainers haven't had him doing that already . He only weighs 305 right now . He could put on 15 lbs. and still not be massive .

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
It's kinda hard to place the blame of not getting movement up front squarely on Johnson's shoulder, especially when both our guards had subpar years as well.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Heh heh, cool title for this thread.. :laugh2:

Jags after Bentley.

Sounds like a car show for the rich and famous :cool:

NorTex

Reaction score
Seems to me that last year about this time, many posters were saying the Al Johnson would/could be a pro bowl player in 2005.

Now he's a total scrub? I don't see it.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Seems to me that last year about this time, many posters were saying the Al Johnson would/could be a pro bowl player in 2005.

Now he's a total scrub? I don't see it.

I think that was before we were witnessing weekly Al Johnson getting pushed back in D Beldsoes face. As much of a technical plaer and a fighter as he is, he needs to get MUCH MUCH stronger to be more effective.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Well, Theres other centers out there if we dont get him, but this should tell Jerry he needs to practice writting checks between now and FA start. hes gunna have to write a big one for Bentley. We really need a center.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
I think that was before we were witnessing weekly Al Johnson getting pushed back in D Beldsoes face. As much of a technical plaer and a fighter as he is, he needs to get MUCH MUCH stronger to be more effective.

Hmm. You'd think that he would have allowed more than 1 sack if that were the case.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Hmm. You'd think that he would have allowed more than 1 sack if that were the case.
Just cause he did not give up the sack personally, doesn't mean is did a whole lot to help the play out. Johnson is the smallest big dude I have ever seen. The guy weights 300 lbs damn near and plays like hes at a buck 50. I just dont like Johnson, unless he gets mean and nasty and quits getting blown off the line.