Jags WR Zay Jones Released

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Admittedly don't know much about the Jags and I'm too lazy to look it up, but any speculation as to why?

He had the same number of receptions as Gallup last year while playing in 8 less games. In 2022 he had 82 receptions. Was injury the cause of the dip, or was it just in favor of others? I liked the dude, but then again, the Jags are just about as far from my radar as you can get.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Their WR room is pretty deep.

Christian Kirk, Gabe Davis, Brian Thomas Jr., Parker Washington.
Thats a top 6 wr room in my opinion. I think over the course of the year, it will show. Parker Washington is in the Steve Smith mold. Penn State kid. He will be in his 2nd year I think. Kirk is pretty consistent. Davis should shine in this new to him scheme.Brian Thomas could end up being offensive rookie of the year.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Nah, Cook and Tolbert are still better than Zay Jones....he really didnt do much in Jacksonville....a true JAG.....34/321 and 2 TD's. I think Tolbert is better
Yet 82 receptions (28 more than Cooks last season) in 2022. That's an unattainable dream for Tolbert. Also, keep in mind Jones only played in 9 games last year. Actually, per game Jones had more receptions that Cooks last season.

Yes, I'm showing my true colors. I don't like our receiver room with the exception of Lamb.