Jags WR Zay Jones Released

shabazz

Reaction score
CeeDee wasn't an elite WR until 2023.
I will beg to differ just on that one point. He figured it out midway through the 2022 season and maintained a high level the following year as well.

I wasn't sold on him till he started that run in 2022 but I'm all in on that guy now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gallup just signed with the Raiders for $2 million. Zeke signed for $2 million and incentives. Zay with his injury history and lack of numbers because of it will probably also play for around $2 million this season.
Look I get it we should leave our options open but the guys making his rounds anyway apparently he saw two teams before us he's going to see the chiefs and then he'll make a decision we don't know how much money he's gonna demand regardless if the league knows his worth is around 2 to 3 million but yeah maybe we should have kept out I mean the problem is he's got dead cap money just like zeke so he had to come back and resign here I don't know the rules about that..

But sure he'd be a decent addition but it's not like he'd be an impactful player, I mean we have some young players that can do it as well and again I'm sure people are whining he left without a contract but he left two other teams without a contract first that don't have Jerry Jones and Steven Jones there so apparently he's making his rounds..

XXLMike

Reaction score
Well, if they really like this guy, why isn’t he signed right now? Why let him leave the ranch? - get it done - you released Bryant now just go ahead and finish the deal.

XXLMike

Reaction score
I will beg to differ just on that one point. He figured it out midway through the 2022 season and maintained a high level the following year as well.

I wasn't sold on him till he started that run in 2022 but I'm all in on that guy now.
No he’s right - CD was a big drop guy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like Dallas not signing Zay for 2 reasons:
1) Let the young guys develop - Tolbert, Brooks and Flournoy need all the reps they can get to see what they bring.

2) There may be a better fit at WR come available later in the offseason.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1) Let the young guys develop - Tolbert, Brooks and Flournoy need all the reps they can get to see what they bring.

I mean I agree to a point it doesn't matter whether they sign him or not but I think he'd be nice get here so if he signs here I'm cool but if he doesn't I'm also cool I don't really care I'm indifferent these types of guys are probably not going to be that impactful...

I'm thinking they might have to before game one after training camp is over and they're in the middle of preseason they may have to find another position say defensive tackle or maybe Trayvon diggs or overshown's not ready and they might have to look for another corner or linebacker we never know so...

Carson

Reaction score

I would see what it would take to get Treylon Burks

CWR

Reaction score
Omg it's really happening. We might get a borderline wr3/4. What an offseason.