Jahymr Gibbs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You take the best player on the board. The Cowboys are trying to win the Super Bowl next year. Gibbs is a better prospect then any guard in this draft.
NO real organization takes BPA every round. Its a myth. RB isnt a premium position so you dont use a premium pick. Definitely take Cyrus over a RB. Plenty of great backs in this draft. Gibbs is basically Pollard squared if hes lucky anyway.

Get a Isreal Banikanda in the 3rd or 4th round to team with Pollard.

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Pollard is a weapon and the Cowboys couldn’t figure out how to use him. What would be the difference with Gibbs?
They used Pollard just fine this past season (finally!). The problem was they rotated him with Elliott, who posed little threat to the defense.

In a rotation with Gibbs and Pollard, the defense would have to face the threat of a fast back who can catch well, no matter which was in at the time.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Get the hell outta here. NO real organization takes BPA every round. Its a myth. And Gibbs certainly isnt. Definitely take Cyrus over a RB. Plenty of great backs in this draft. Gibbs is basically Pollard squared if hes lucky anyway.

Get a Isreal Banikanda in the 3rd or 4th round to team with Pollard.
Torrence over Gibbs? Your alone on that island brother. :facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They used Pollard just fine this past season (finally!). The problem was they rotated him with Elliott, who posed little threat to the defense.

In a rotation with Gibbs and Pollard, the defense would have to face the threat of a fast back who can catch well, no matter which was in at the time.
I think they still underutilized Pollard. He should have had a larger receiving package. More of like a Deebo roll type feature in the offense.

Pollard simply came in and did the Zeke roll with a little more outside running.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Torrence over Gibbs? Your alone on that island brother. :facepalm:
Definitely! Football is about the trenches not shiny little toys with bad blocking.

Love Gibbs, but guard is our biggest need and RB is a low end position in the NFL, and plenty of other good backs we can get to team with Pollard.

Taking Gibbs in the first is would be terrible value. A misuse of the 26th pick.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Definitely! Football is about the trenches not shiny little toys with bad blocking.

Love Gibbs, but guard is our biggest need and RB is a low end position in the NFL, and plenty of other good backs we can get to team with Pollard.

Taking Gibbs in the first is would be terrible value. A misuse of the 26th pick.
You think the Cowboys biggest need is guard over 1 tech, linebacker, pass rusher. Guard is the easiest position to fill because you got Tyler.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think they still underutilized Pollard. He should have had a larger receiving package. More of like a Deebo roll type feature in the offense.

Pollard simply came in and did the Zeke roll with a little more outside running.
I don’t really disagree with you. I would have liked them to throw the ball more to Pollard as well. But I have a suspicion that the new offense they’re putting in will have more throwing to the backs. More of a WCO feel to how they use them, IMO.

I hope they do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You think the Cowboys biggest need is guard over 1 tech, linebacker, pass rusher. Guard is the easiest position to fill because you got Tyler.
If I could fill 1 position with a stud it would be 1T. But I highly doubt they can get a stud DT at 26. Its the prime area to land a top guard. Florida guard would be great. I would love a top tackle there if we could get him as well. I have guard and DT as the two biggest needs.

RB is a side note and can be filled in rounds 3 or 4. I would take Gibbs in the 2nd as that would be incredible value. But all these backs need great blocking to do what they do. Give me the best guard in the draft and our oline is top 5 again for the next 5 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t really disagree with you. I would have liked them to throw the ball more to Pollard as well. But I have a suspicion that the new offense they’re putting in will have more throwing to the backs. More of a WCO feel to how they use them, IMO.

I hope they do.
This will be an interesting year. With MM talking about running the ball he must being thinking something big in the draft.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yea, we don’t need a G. Tyler is playing G and we just signed a high end backup.
Yeah, and they also like Farniok and his ability to back up both C and G. I don’t think they’ll go OG at 26. Maybe in the 2nd, but it would have to fall just right for that to happen, IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, and they also like Farniok and his ability to back up both C and G. I don’t think they’ll go OG at 26. Maybe in the 2nd, but it would have to fall just right for that to happen, IMO.
Cyrus from Florida. To me that would be falling right at 26.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did you watch Georgia. Their offense was vanilla at best. Mercedes Lewis??!!! I can name about 20 bust running backs that tested better then Robinson. Drummond is a Cowboys insider and picked him at 26. You really think he went out on his own and selected him for his papers mock without consulting his connections inside the Star. Washington may not be the pick but I guarantee he has someone standing/banging on the table for him.
Do yourself a favor and watch the Highlights of Michael Mayers. This is what a REAL TE prospect looks like. This kid is the real deal in all phases. A born leader.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Cyrus from Florida. To me that would be falling right at 26.
I understand, but I don’t think they’ll do that. I think they plan on using Tyron at LT with Tyler at LG. Obviously, Martin will start at RG.

I think they’ll go another position in the first. I could see them taking a guard in the second, or later to prepare for next season.

Obviously, we can’t know yet, so maybe you’re right. We’ll see. If they end up with a first round guard, I’ll make sure give you props for getting it right.

btcutter

Reaction score
I heard the same thing about Jefferson, Micah and TJ Watts. It’s not his fault he was used a certain way in college. The skills are there. The Cowboys need to develop him.
No problem with trying to develop his skills but not with 1st round pick. 2nd round like Maretellius Bennett I’m ok with that.

If no edge, CB or RB falls to us then take Jon Michael Schimtz who can play G and can take over C next year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If I could fill 1 position with a stud it would be 1T. But I highly doubt they can get a stud DT at 26. Its the prime area to land a top guard. Florida guard would be great. I would love a top tackle there if we could get him as well. I have guard and DT as the two biggest needs.

RB is a side note and can be filled in rounds 3 or 4. I would take Gibbs in the 2nd as that would be incredible value. But all these backs need great blocking to do what they do. Give me the best guard in the draft and our oline is top 5 again for the next 5 years.
I just like messing with you and CowboyNY. The Cowboys will draft a guard early in this draft. I actually think that finishing the line is what they want to do and I include tight end with that. The new offensive coaching staff specialize in running the football. I think MM wants the Cowboys to run the ball better in certain situations and was not happy with the way Kellen would run the offense. The option routes pissed the coach off the most especially during the Packers game.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm fine with Gibbs at 26. I don't think we need to overthink the position value thing. He's a playmaker with elite skills. At the end of the first round, not a thing wrong with that.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm not taking Mayer with Robinson still on the board. The Cowboys thrive on the running game . The chance either of them are still on the board are slim anyway. Then you go maybe go Gibbs or look at Charbonnet in the 2nd. I think the Pitt RB goes higher than the 4th. He looks every bit of a higher round RB. The guys game tape is off the chart. Avila isn't falling to 58 either.