Jahymr Gibbs

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I am talking about the Cowboys overall philosophy. Washington is more then a blocking tight end. He has all pro potential. The Cowboys are not drafting a running back unless it’s Robinson in the first round. The Cowboys brought in a new offensive coaching staff. The days of the bell cow back are over.
A two down TE is the same as a two down NT, they aren't using a 1st rd pick on a limited prospect. What makes you think he has all pro potential? He is a very similar prospect to Mercedes Lewis.

As for the bell cow, you are probably right, but also I think they want to limit Pollard's touches, as he hasn't had significant carries since his HS days. Probably will see 60/40 split with the backs.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I heard the same thing about Jefferson, Micah and TJ Watts. It’s not his fault he was used a certain way in college. The skills are there. The Cowboys need to develop him.
Those are 3 of the top players in the league. Lol. Well if the Cowboys think he’s that kind of player then they should absolutely take him. I don’t quite see him that way.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
A two down TE is the same as a two down NT, they aren't using a 1st rd pick on a limited prospect. What makes you think he has all pro potential? He is a very similar prospect to Mercedes Lewis.

As for the bell cow, you are probably right, but also I think they want to limit Pollard's touches, as he hasn't had significant carries since his HS days. Probably will see 60/40 split with the backs.
Did you watch Georgia. Their offense was vanilla at best. Mercedes Lewis??!!! I can name about 20 bust running backs that tested better then Robinson. Drummond is a Cowboys insider and picked him at 26. You really think he went out on his own and selected him for his papers mock without consulting his connections inside the Star. Washington may not be the pick but I guarantee he has someone standing/banging on the table for him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Did you watch Georgia. Their offense was vanilla at best. Mercedes Lewis??!!! I can name about 20 bust running backs that tested better then Robinson. Drummond is a Cowboys insider and picked him at 26. You really think he went out on his own and selected him for his papers mock without consulting his connections inside the Star. Washington may not be the pick but I guarantee he has someone standing/banging on the table for him.
He is a project as a receiver, they aren't going to draft a blocking TE in the 1st rd.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He is a project as a receiver, they aren't going to draft a blocking TE in the 1st rd.
Yea, I like Washington a lot but 1st round is too rich for me.

You’re drafting a blocking TE hoping he can turn into a good WR.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea, I like Washington a lot but 1st round is too rich for me.

You’re drafting a blocking TE hoping he can turn into a good WR.
In my opinion, it's like a two down NT hoping he can develop as a rusher.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Gibbs, and yeah, I think he’d be fine with Pollard.

If the team wants to take Gibbs with their first pick, I’m not going to freak out. The guy is a weapon. He could play out of the slot just fine too, if they want to use him some that way.
Would be hard to pass on Gibbs. At 5-foot-9 and 199 pounds, Gibbs is on the smaller size for an every-down role, but he more than makes up for it with his receiving and speed, not the biggest RB but with his 4.36 speed he could be a dynamic weapon.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If we miss out on Robinson Im looking at Zach Charbonnet in the 2nd round.
Charbonnet will definitely be the 3rd RB off the board, would surpise me if Evans, Tucker or Achane somehow jumped him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Those are 3 of the top players in the league. Lol. Well if the Cowboys think he’s that kind of player then they should absolutely take him. I don’t quite see him that way.
They were considered reaches when they were drafted because nobody saw there ability on college tape but they tested well on pro days and the combine. You just never know how the Cowboys view guys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Got a trade for you. If Robinson falls in the 20s would you trade a 3rd to move up to Minnesota’s spot to get him?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gibbs may not be as well rounded as Bijan but he makes up for that with his elite seed and elusiveness. I think he fits the new scheme MM wants 2 run here better than Bijan. Bijan is basically what Zeke was when we drafted him. Zeke began falling off just after 2-3 years. It was evident, yet Jerry paid him. Thats why I rather draft Gibbs. He can be used differently..ie flex him out wide like a receiver...unlike Bijan. I just luv the versatility Gibbs brings. He is great insurance if #20 isnt right. My fear is either philly or the commander's will get Gibbs and Bijan and we will have to face them 2 times a year or more. We cant risk that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Gibbs may nt be as well runded as Bijan but he makes u fr that with his elite seed and elusiveness. I think he fits the new scheme MM wants 2 run here better than Bijan. Bijan is basically what Zeke was when we drafted him. Zeke began falling ff just after 2-3 years. It was evident, yet Jerry paid him. Thats why I rather draft Gibbs. He can be used differently..ie flex him out wide like a receiver...unlike Bijan. I just luv the versatility Gibbs brings. He is great insurance if #20 isnt right.
Would still take Robinson over Gibbs, but Robinson is a non factor unless we trade up.
Staying put at 26, Gibbs is probably there, and like you say, fits the MM scheme to a tee.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I wouldn’t hate it. Would be adding a top tier rusher and receiver in the same pick. Probably our only chance at getting a 1st round talent without a trade up. Of course there would be massive meltdowns because we didn’t reach for DT or OL.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Gibbs, and yeah, I think he’d be fine with Pollard.

If the team wants to take Gibbs with their first pick, I’m not going to freak out. The guy is a weapon. He could play out of the slot just fine too, if they want to use him some that way.
Pollard is a weapon and the Cowboys couldn’t figure out how to use him. What would be the difference with Gibbs?

morasp

Reaction score
I wouldn’t hate it. Would be adding a top tier rusher and receiver in the same pick. Probably our only chance at getting a 1st round talent without a trade up. Of course there would be massive meltdowns because we didn’t reach for DT or OL.
and a kick returner.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Presuming Robinson is off the board…
Yeah I know we have Pollard…but there’s the injury and the one year contract…and mainly how do you pass on Gibbs? And although I like Charbonet a lot, clear drop off after BJ and Gibbs.
IMO he’s one of the best playmakers in this draft. Thought?
Dont take a RB in the first round. If you want to improve the run game take a lineman for the hole we have at guard. Then draft a great young back in rounds 2-4.