Jake Ferguson: I'm not even scratching the surface of what I can do

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Ferguson does more than talk, he backs it up on the field. If the rest of this team had his grit and toughness they wouldn't have gone one and done in the playoffs.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We don't know how to recognize TE talent and we definitely don't know how to use two TE's at the same time.
agreed. aside from overvaluing schoon, if they recognized what they already had with Ferguson as we all did, they wouldn't have used a 2 on a TE regardless.

Chasing6

Reaction score
agreed. aside from overvaluing schoon, if they recognized what they already had with Ferguson as we all did, they wouldn't have used a 2 on a TE regardless.
Which also means Schoon could be perfectly fine.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Love this.......I'm expecting him to elevate his game as Dak's 2nd target after Lamb.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-even-scratching-the-surface-of-what-i-can-do

Jake Ferguson: I’m not even scratching the surface of what I can do​

Published May 18, 2024 08:09 AM

Tight end Jake Ferguson took on a big role in the Cowboys offense during his second season with the team.

Ferguson had 19 catches as a rookie, but took advantage of Dalton Schultz’s departure to step up his production. He caught 71 passes for 761 yards and five touchdowns and then capped the year with 10 catches for 93 yards and three touchdowns in a playoff loss to the Packers.

A repeat of that would likely make the Cowboys happy, but Ferguson believes that the ceiling is even higher.

“To me, I think I’m not even scratching my surface,” Ferguson said, via Todd Archer of ESPN.com
Jerald, hang on to your wallet.

cristglo

Reaction score
Cooks is pretty good. Dak couldn't connect the long ball, but he busted free a few times. Hopefully they get their timing right.
Mike has to find a way to get Cooks involved more during the games. Was troubling that when we first got him we hardly looked his way. Then people started saying we needed to get Cooks involved we started looking his way. We have a good group of WR we just need to learn how to get them involved. Cooks has the talent him and Dak need to get on the same page.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Mike has to find a way to get Cooks involved more during the games. Was troubling that when we first got him we hardly looked his way. Then people started saying we needed to get Cooks involved we started looking his way. We have a good group of WR we just need to learn how to get them involved. Cooks has the talent him and Dak need to get on the same page.
Honestly......he has been a little disappointing from what we expected. For whatever reason we have not seen the speed that's been a major part of his career. Maybe MM doesn't know how to use it or Dak isn't giving him a chance or he simply doesn't have it anymore but all I know is we expected way more than routine curls and/or crossing routes.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Love this.......I'm expecting him to elevate his game as Dak's 2nd target after Lamb.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-even-scratching-the-surface-of-what-i-can-do

Jake Ferguson: I’m not even scratching the surface of what I can do​

Published May 18, 2024 08:09 AM

Tight end Jake Ferguson took on a big role in the Cowboys offense during his second season with the team.

Ferguson had 19 catches as a rookie, but took advantage of Dalton Schultz’s departure to step up his production. He caught 71 passes for 761 yards and five touchdowns and then capped the year with 10 catches for 93 yards and three touchdowns in a playoff loss to the Packers.

A repeat of that would likely make the Cowboys happy, but Ferguson believes that the ceiling is even higher.

“To me, I think I’m not even scratching my surface,” Ferguson said, via Todd Archer of ESPN.com
Hey Fergy, you should have been in JJ's ear right up to the point where he wasted a 2nd rd pick on a Michigan TE who couldn't beat out you or Peyton Hendershot.