Jalen Ramsey and Derrick Henry vs Zeke and Jaylon Smith

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think I will bookmark this page. Then in 6 to 8 years I can bump it. And tell you all that it is Zeke and Jaylon since day one, and now, and still will be 6 to 8 years from now.
:muttley:

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Lol Ramsey looks good when he has Talias Campbell Or Aaron Donald leading the pass rush. Would he be the same corner here over the pass four years? I doubt it

DanA

Reaction score
Not sure which is more valuable. Ramsey and his 10 career interceptions or Zeke and his 18 career fumbles.....18!

By comparison Henry has 6.

Jake0

Reaction score
It is very obviously Ramsey + Henry, there's no debate. Henry would have been perfect for the Cowboys OLine in its prime.

This forum is actually pretty good at being couch scouts and making the right calls for the draft. Top 5 pick used on a running back was trashed constantly.

This pick was made for Romo because of Zeke being one of the best pass blocking running backs ever scouted. Turns out it ended up not mattering cause Romo got injured anyways.

Jaylon I have no idea what they were thinking. Got way too cute cause they have the orthopedic surgeon working on his knee and actually used their 2nd round pick on him. Should have been the 3rd or 4th rounder. If Jaylon was a 4th rounder he is actually a steal even with his current performance. High 2nd round pick on a redshirted a guy that had no guarantees of returning to 100%......

aria

Reaction score
When Zekes cap hit is lower he will be cut, calm down and just wait
It doesn’t take away from the fact that we wasted a 4th overall pick on a RB, and in todays game I would say that about any RB. The Giants GM is archaic is about to get fired, and what will fo down as one of his biggest blunders is using the 2nd overall pick on a RB. Granted, we were in a much better situation to pick a RB then they were but it was still dumb as hell. THEN they decide to not only cave to him when he has two years left on his contract but then meet his demands as paying him as the highest RB in the league.

Of course then his supporters like to try and justify what we paid him because he won 2 rushing titles only because he had the most carries both time he did it along with a top 5 O line almost every year. He falls well short in every individual RB category such as yards from scrimmage, broken tackles, etc.

I’m not saying he’s a bad RB but he’s been a large beneficiary of a great O line and does little on his own to creat plays. Sure, every now and then he makes a big play but he’s inconsistent and doesn’t show up in a lot of big games. I would expect more from a guy that pulled a diva move like he did and I’m quite sure he expects more of himself but he’s too busy flying back and forth to Cabo trying to prove a point instead of showing up to pre season with his team and letting his agent do the negotiations.

On top of all that, you make as many excuses for him as you want, but have we had a bigger constant distraction on this team for this long? This is the first year we finally haven’t heard about him ding anything stupid and please don’t give him the victim card or minimize what he’s done.

DanA

Reaction score
Think I will bookmark this page. Then in 6 to 8 years I can bump it. And tell you all that it is Zeke and Jaylon since day one, and now, and still will be 6 to 8 years from now.

Yep, they just need to keep doing what they’re doing. They could be record breaking.

Zeke could make the HOF for most fumbles, and Jaylon the most missed tackles.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, they just need to keep doing what they’re doing. They could be record breaking.

Zeke could make the HOF for most fumbles, and Jaylon the most missed tackles.

At least they will have made it. And Ramsey and Henry will be there watching from the sidelines.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

And Zeke looked good when he had two future HOFers (Martin and Tyron) and a perennial pro bowler in Frederick blocking for him. That sword swings both ways.

DanA

Reaction score
At least they will have made it. And Ramsey and Henry will be there watching from the sidelines.

Last January it was Zeke watching on the sidelines while Henry carried the Titans through the playoffs.

The only thing Zeke has carried so far is Dak while playing water fights on the beaches of Cabo.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last January it was Zeke watching on the sidelines while Henry carried the Titans through the playoffs.

The only thing Zeke has carried so far is Dak while playing water fights on the beaches of Cabo.

Hey we have a troll posting. Stupid post.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Cowboys is rated #3 against the rush this year and while TN has had a good O line for years, the Cowboys have always been better.

Who cares if they’ve been throwing? When the RB can’t do anything without holes I could drive a semi through, is dropping the ball, slipping, can’t make people miss and is averaging ~2.5 ypc in that specific game what do you want them to do?

I never heard Barkley or any other top RB’s get excuses for not having the rushing title (ie best RB in the league) because of play calling.

Henry might get the title, but in my opinion that doesnt make him the best rb in the league. There is still a lot of season left. Zeke is not done.

Zeke is not that far behind, and like i said, if dalton plays under center, zekes performance is going to jump

DanA

Reaction score
Henry might get the title, but in my opinion that doesnt make him the best rb in the league. There is still a lot of season left. Zeke is not done.

Zeke is not that far behind, and like i said, if dalton plays under center, zekes performance is going to jump

I guarantee Dalton will not be playing under Center (for the most part).

And IMO the best RB in the league is McCaffrey and it’s not close.

aria

Reaction score
I agree, the title is one of the last things I use to rate the best RB’s in the league, right next to TD’s. But for the past 4 years I would throw out stat after stat of who the better RB’s are and most didn’t favor zeke. All his supporters would say is that he’s the best because of the rushing title. Never mind O lines, never mind individual statistics like forced missed tackles, yards after contact, yards from scrimmage, elusiveness, yards after catch...none of that mattered to them, he was the best because he had the most yards and most carries which correlate directly with each other.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mistake adding color for trolling. The point was Henry was amazing on the big stage and Zeke hasn’t been.

Not true.
Henry did not get them to the SB, so therefore he failed. As that would be, and is your narrative on Zeke and Dallas in general. And he alone was not the reason they got as far as they did last season.
You just are a Zeke hater.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
These are so stupid. Do you know how fluid the draft is and a pick here and there can have a huge domino effect? It's silly to think the entire draft happens the exact same except our draft picks.Quit living in the past. Zeke was the right pick for what we did on offense. And right away, he was a huge piece and we were a top team, even with a rookie QB.

This hindsight 5 years in the past is pointless.

The real hindsight that should be done is passing on TJ Watt for Taco. Taking Conner Williams in the 2nd round. Trysten Hill with the 2nd round pick. Awuzie in the 2nd round.

Jake0

Reaction score
It ain’t Zeke, so who is it?

The best RB for the Cowboys style of pound the other team and wear them down is Derrick Henry. Well that was the style a few years ago. Now the OLine is broken down and suddenly a weakness, plus also no longer on rookie contracts. They protected the defense which has always been bad. Now we get the current Cowboys which no longer has that style and doesn't protect the defense at all. Current Cowboys love scoring in 2-3 big plays and putting the defense right back on the field.

McCaffrey is more of a greatest show on turf type of back. He is like Marshall Faulk. So I guess the current Cowboys want McCaffrey.